House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

What Is It With Teachers?

I have no idea whether this applies to male teachers or not, but what is it with female teachers?

I have dated several in the past few years and every single one seems to think that the thing to talk about on a date is the angst and trials of their working week - basically staff room whittering on about nothing.

I swore last year that I would never date one again but found myself dating one in recent weeks. To cut a long story short she messaged me last night and, for 90 minutes, whinged on about her school politics at 1AM till about 2.30AM as if they were the b-all and end-all of the world. In the end I told her she boring so, this morning, I woke up to an email telling me that I am an arrogant so and so :lol:

I pointed out that 99.9% of other men would not have waited 90 minutes but would have told her within 3 minutes to shut the feck up.

Perhaps it is just me, but I find female teachers to be very boring, very self-entitled and they just whitter on constantly about staff-room politics.

Anyone else found this?

Police and Army types are just as bad / worse.

Doctors / nurses on the other hand, will take about anything EXCEPT work IMPO.

Female teachers and female nurses are usually moaners and feel dreadfully hard done by. Are their male counterparts the same?

Quine (female)

I have no idea whether this applies to male teachers or not, but what is it with female teachers?

I have dated several in the past few years and every single one seems to think that the thing to talk about on a date is the angst and trials of their working week - basically staff room whittering on about nothing.

I lived with one a few years back. It was hell, and I moved on after a few months!

The conclusion I came to is that I was getting on the receiving end of all the frustration she couldn't take out on her charges during the day. Probably didn't help that her job was at a special school for the kids who had been excluded from mainstream due to bad behaviour.

I've dated teachers, you're so right, i've dated social workers and other public sector workers, they are all the bloody same, I will now never date anyone from these professions, how bad is it when part of your dating criteria is ..NO PUBLIC SECTOR please :rolleyes:

Those who can't do, teach. :lol:

*runs for cover*

In all frankness, the only teachers I have ever met who were worth any time at all were those who had retired from successful careers and wanted to do some twilight passing-on-of-wisdom, or the rare cases of brilliant-but-unlucky-in-life. Vast majority were of the above ilk.

p.s. is this related to the apparent rampantness of BTLetting amongst the teacher community?

p.s. is this related to the apparent rampantness of BTLetting amongst the teacher community?

oh f me where do I start :)

Being a public sector heathen I will admit to occasionally having a good old moan about work. I'm not sure if it's common poor management decisions or because I'm just a natural moaner.

Teachers' biggest problem is that most of them never left school and worked in the real world. Many of my school friends became teachers, and when I meet them, which isn't often, they're always banging away about the iniquities of their micro-world.:angry:

Being a public sector heathen I will admit to occasionally having a good old moan about work. I'm not sure if it's common poor management decisions or because I'm just a natural moaner.

I do, too, about the NHS, but my sister does about her private sector job, too. Perhaps we like moaning.:o

Teachers' biggest problem is that most of them never left school and worked in the real world. Many of my school friends became teachers, and when I meet them, which isn't often, they're always banging away about the iniquities of their micro-world.:angry:

+1. Police are the worst, always retreating to a corner to talk about their gang in private.

I rarely mention my job when out with friends - who cares, what a bore!

Probably due to the vast amounts of holiday that teachers get.

This is what I was trying to get across, and failing to do so, to this teacher last night. It was Saturday night and she was whittering on about her fecking work and her fecking back-stabbing teacher politics.

At first I thought she was worried about something, but it was mainly just whittering. Saturday nights are for chilling, fun, etc.

+1. Police are the worst, always retreating to a corner to talk about their gang in private.

I very soonn learned not to mention I work in the NHS when out in company. So many people think it makes you fair game for a lecture on how to run it properly!:)

Never dated a teach..but I have realised that some women use men as emotional punch bags. Why ? Because we are men and can take it. (supposedly)

+1

i dont think its the profession as such, but the type of woman. I know and have dated plenty of women who have different and diverse jobs/professions/qualifications and they portray similar attributes.

Some need to be told by a spouse that they are special and they are better than the people they work with, regardless of the fact if they actually are or not. I think it helps them get over their inadaquatcies (sp) in life.

I swore last year that I would never date one again but found myself dating one in recent weeks. To cut a long story short she messaged me last night and, for 90 minutes, whinged on about her school politics at 1AM till about 2.30AM as if they were the b-all and end-all of the world. In the end I told her she boring so, this morning, I woke up to an email telling me that I am an arrogant so and so :lol:

I pointed out that 99.9% of other men would not have waited 90 minutes but would have told her within 3 minutes to shut the feck up.

Perhaps it is just me, but I find female teachers to be very boring, very self-entitled and they just whitter on constantly about staff-room politics.

Anyone else found this?

To offer a contrary, and I hope constructive opinion, I'd say the problem isn't the girl (teacher or otherwise), but you. And I don't mean anything bad by that, I'm sure you're a lovely chap and all. What I mean is that, if you were really into her, especially that early on in a relationship, you wouldn't mind how long she went on about stuff, trivial or otherwise. That being said, teachers do some very prone to complaining about work.

To offer a contrary, and I hope constructive opinion, I'd say the problem isn't the girl (teacher or otherwise), but you. And I don't mean anything bad by that, I'm sure you're a lovely chap and all. What I mean is that, if you were really into her, especially that early on in a relationship, you wouldn't mind how long she went on about stuff, trivial or otherwise. That being said, teachers do some very prone to complaining about work.

Not into her at all.

Edit:

Btw, no relationship, nothing, nadda. Just some chats online and a meet in a pub and then further chats.

If someone said that to me, I'd more than likely agree, it's me, I'm far too fussy to listen to drivel, or just how far away from reality the couple of teachers and social worker i have dated were, I'm no way saying they're all like it, but from the girls i dated and the acquaintances i know who have worked in the public sector, they all seem to be on another plantet. :)