House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

injustice

Mazda 2.

My daughter has just bought a Mazda 2, and the cig lighter won't power the Nav Man. The lighter works fine, and the Nav Man works fine in my car. Anyone come across a similar problem?

I had a similar problem in a ford focus. Was an iffy connection with the socket and the lead. I remember it would only work if the led on the plug bit was at 4 o'clock. Have u tried a different car?

I had a similar problem in a ford focus. Was an iffy connection with the socket and the lead. I remember it would only work if the led on the plug bit was at 4 o'clock. Have u tried a different car?

Yes the sat nav is fine in my car, but not in the Mazda. The cig lighter works ok in the Mazda.

Cheers.

Is it a postman pat Mazda2 or the newer one? Have you got another 12v plug/device you can try? The fact the lighter works suggests it's not the fuse but would still check it.

I'm not certain it's a Mazda specific problem but there can be some issues with their 12v sockets and cheap aftermarket plugs on electronic stuff. My cig lighter can be temperamental, not that I smoke and I have had a problem with plug off a cheap phone charge coming apart in situ. Bits stuck in the socket meaning you can't get a 12v plug in there properly.

And a 'plug' for someone's website http://www.mazda2forums.co.uk

Is it a postman pat Mazda2 or the newer one? Have you got another 12v plug/device you can try? The fact the lighter works suggests it's not the fuse but would still check it.

I'm not certain it's a Mazda specific problem but there can be some issues with their 12v sockets and cheap aftermarket plugs on electronic stuff. My cig lighter can be temperamental, not that I smoke and I have had a problem with plug off a cheap phone charge coming apart in situ. Bits stuck in the socket meaning you can't get a 12v plug in there properly.

And a 'plug' for someone's website http://www.mazda2forums.co.uk

The car in the link is the same model and colour.

Tried three separate chargers, none worked.

Cheers.

Either send me the Sat Nav for testing (I've got a Sliver Mazda 2 TS2) :-P

Or just pop down the local dealer and plug it in to the cars there for testing. I've got a cheap flush mount USB charger in mine that I use for my ipod & phone etc without isssue.

Thinking about it, try just hold the charger as deep as it goes in the socket as my other stick USB adapter tends up automatically push up a few mm. Might be that it's not making the circuit.