House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Harold Bishop

Rightmove Market Trends - Again

I know we've looked at this before and not all numbers have been reported to LR yet but I think this looks a bit sickk

Same picture in my target areas. There is, de facto, no housing market. I see the same places that were for sale a year ago.

People can talk about 'average sold prices' all they want, but that is just an index of the final, fleeting greater fools.

Yes, but we're not going to see any movement until the other chart starts showing gains. By the other one I mean the green one showing properties on the market.

Yes, but we're not going to see any movement until the other chart starts showing gains. By the other one I mean the green one showing properties on the market.

Well the graphs in my area look a lot better from a HPC perspective 750 marketed properties in CT14 compared to 450 2 years ago, transactions are 50% off peak too but average prices are the same as 2 years ago :angry:

Properties sold

Properties marketed

I know right move is more popular than evert and there is only one small estate agent in this town which now does not use it.

You mean like this?

rmse21.jpg?t=1310899517

Well the graphs in my area look a lot better from a HPC perspective 750 marketed properties in CT14 compared to 450 2 years ago, transactions are 50% off peak too but average prices are the same as 2 years ago :angry:

Properties sold

Properties marketed

I know right move is more popular than evert and there is only one small estate agent in this town which now does not use it.

Hey DiscoPants, you must live near me, I am in CT15.

Hey DiscoPants, you must live near me, I am in CT15.

Small world ! you have the same stats roughly for CT15 transactions well down (less than 50% of peak) but prices largely unchanged although with so few sales the average price swings a great deal in CT15.

We were lucky, we sold our slave box earlier this year. We bought 2006 on a NR mortgage.

We are now renting a lovely chalet bungalow in Martin, glad to get out of Dover town center.

(the one with the read van outside)

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/20-de-burgh-hill/dover/ct17-0bs/5509186

The stress release of getting out of our negative equity northern rock mortgage :rolleyes: Debt free and in a much nicer house for a little extra each month.

Properties sold

Properties marketed

me also in-fact you could almost believe price where rising if you looked at the for sale prices in Southern Norwich.

It quite amazing i find a house then feel happy and then find out the house next door sold for 30% less 4 months ago and then in my head I cannot do it and even when i do offer 10% more than the last house sold its get rejected out of hand.

If its priced correctly it sells around here in 2 seconds (no jobs around though) but not much priced correctly.