House Price Crash Forum

Anecdotal

Antsy

Homeless they ought to have to go through the money laundering procedures, so that at least their gold supplier knows who they are - so there would be a paper trail, although not with the individual.

nope

if your smart its quite easy, you can buy it in another country, you could buy it from a million diffrent sources in small amounts. the only people reporting to the goverment are registered bullion dealers, i can walk into a coinshow purchase 30k in sovereigns from a large mix of coin dealers and no-one will register it anywhere

nope

if your smart its quite easy, you can buy it in another country, you could buy it from a million diffrent sources in small amounts. the only people reporting to the goverment are registered bullion dealers, i can walk into a coinshow purchase 30k in sovereigns from a large mix of coin dealers and no-one will register it anywhere

Though the Men from the Ministry would be able to spot the eye-patch and the parrot on your shoulder ;)

pieces of 8 are actuallt doublons :)

to be honest i just keep a couple 1000 in cash and the rest i trade for silver and gold.

its a nice way to save up, if it sits in cash its easier to spend on impulse.Also i believe silver is gonna rocket and gold aint doing to shabby lately either, better return than in a bank and safer too.

And then when im ready to buy a house i will sell the lot and then transfer to a property, quickly i realy dont trust cash.Ask yourself do you realy trust this government not to inflate/spend/take/blow your money away? i dont

if anyone here is still confused about gold and if they should have it, then why not spend just 65-70 pounds and get yourself one sovereign there quite cool to look at, surely its worth it for just the fun even to own a old gold coin.

Thats how most gold bugs got started they got one and just wanted more and more.

Edited by homeless

Had to go to Croydon county court this morning to sign an affadavit (trying to get deposit off ex-landlord circa June 2004, got county court judgement but it's worth bugger all and so have ordered him to go to court to disclose his financial situation...blah blah). Anyway, man next to me in the queue was petitioning for bankruptcy. 'I owe about 70k' he said (gulp). "What about any mortgage?' said the clerk. 'Oh - didn't think that counted' he said. 'Join the list then sit and wait but it might be some time - they're snowed under' said she in bored voice, handing him a sheet with about 20 names on it to sign. Oh dear.

I did this with my last empolyer (took him to court so he could disclose his financial info (so I could get his bank acc details and freeze it)), and the judge was a complete toss pot. My employer refused to answer questions, claiming he didn't have the info with him (despite being sent the questions that I will ask). The judge (being a toss pot) told my employer to post the info to me, which he clearly didn't do.

I then said to the judge that he is legally oblidged to give me the info (as I wanted him held (in the cells which the court can do) until he gives me the info), and judge lectured me on who knows the law. And didn't force this guy to answer the questions.

Afterwards (as the interview was recorded) I tried to obtain a copy of the tapes, but the courts said I couldn't get them unless I appeal - but you can't appeal to an oral hearing! I then sent lots of letters stating my employer should have answered the questions, but the only reply I got is the judge's decision is final!

Ok, i'm being very brief here, but don't hold any faith in the courts. I learn't a valuble lesson that the supposed 'elite' are no cleverer than the average bloke. Or was it that this tos pot of a judge didn't like the fact that I was I wasn't legally trained, and I was conducting the questions?

Oh, and the judge FORGOT to swear my emplyer under Oath (or affirmation). The judge was a toss pot.

Edited by Jason

I did this with my last empolyer (took him to court so he could disclose his financial info (so I could get his bank acc details and freeze it)), and the judge was a complete toss pot. My employer refused to answer questions, claiming he didn't have the info with him (despite being sent the questions that I will ask). The judge (being a toss pot) told my employer to post the info to me, which he clearly didn't do.

I then said to the judge that he is legally oblidged to give me the info (as I wanted him held (in the cells which the court can do) until he gives me the info), and judge lectured me on who knows the law. And didn't force this guy to answer the questions.

Afterwards (as the interview was recorded) I tried to obtain a copy of the tapes, but the courts said I couldn't get them unless I appeal - but you can't appeal to an oral hearing! I then sent lots of letters stating my employer should have answered the questions, but the only reply I got is the judge's decision is final!

Ok, i'm being very brief here, but don't hold any faith in the courts. I learn't a valuble lesson that the supposed 'elite' are no cleverer than the average bloke. Or was it that this tos pot of a judge didn't like the fact that I was I wasn't legally trained, and I was conducting the questions?

Oh, and the judge FORGOT to swear my emplyer under Oath (or affirmation). The judge was a toss pot.

Turn it into a criminal case ;)