House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Asheron

Gold To Go To At Least $2200/oz Before The End Of The Year It Might Even Hit $3000/oz

15th July 2011

Bob Chapman:

Gold to go to at least $2200/oz before the end of the year it might even hit $3000/oz , the six countries in Europe in trouble are going to default and that default will wipe out the banking system in Europe , those events will send the gold and silver prices to the moon , Marine Lepen from the far right could get elected as a president in France

Why are you posting this shite? Do you believe it and have charts that agree?

What was this fool saying about metals in 2008?

Bob Chapman got is so wrong with silver, saying there was no resistance at $50 and that it would not look back.

I much prefer listening to the likes of Ben Davies, Robin Griffiths, James Turk.

Doubt we'll see $2,200 by year end but it all depends what shakes out of Europe and US. So far the financial crisis keeps being contained (with plasters and sticky tape) but ultimately nothing is being fixed and the problem is simply getting larger. The interest on debts is being paid off with more debt, money that comes straight off the digital printing press. About the only guarantee at the minute is that it's not going to end well.

Doubt we'll see $2,200 by year end but it all depends what shakes out of Europe and US. So far the financial crisis keeps being contained (with plasters and sticky tape) but ultimately nothing is being fixed and the problem is simply getting larger. The interest on debts is being paid off with more debt, money that comes straight off the digital printing press. About the only guarantee at the minute is that it's not going to end well.

My personal opinion, we will see a gold price between $1,800 and $2,000 by the end of the year.

Your comments are spot on.

Guest spp

Fool? You have a very big mouth 79!

He's actually one of the main reasons I decided to get into G&S.

Far from a fool.

Far from a fool.

I actually quite like Bob Chapman, he's the ultimate doom-sayer. If you are looking to buy Gold or Silver but feel the price is a little too toppy then all you have to do is listen to or read some of Bob's stuff and you'll be more inclined to buy whatever the price :)

Not sure what his calls were with regards to Silver. Must admit I don't really pay much attention to price calls (from anyone), the general trend is up and will continue to be so until the fundamental issues across the globe start being fixed.

Debt forgiveness is starting to look like the only real fix to me, although what happens to the creditors I'm not sure. Cannot imagine China will be happy with America writing off its debts unless the Americans hand over their Gold, cannot see that happening though. Let's just pray the end outcome isn't complete meltdown or WW3 - I'd prefer not to have to hunt my fellow man for food tbh.

That fool was the largest private precious metals trader in the 1980's before he decided to retire :lol:

Debt forgiveness is starting to look like the only real fix to me, although what happens to the creditors I'm not sure. Cannot imagine China will be happy with America writing off its debts unless the Americans hand over their Gold, cannot see that happening though. Let's just pray the end outcome isn't complete meltdown or WW3 - I'd prefer not to have to hunt my fellow man for food tbh.

The Americans can't do this.... because they have no gold, nobody has seen the US gold reserves or audited them this side of the second world war.

European gold was last seen when the Euro experiment occurred.

Chinese gold was last seen in 2006 when HK airport opened a massive gold repository.

Even British gold has been seen in the vaults by motorbike couriers I know.

But US gold?

Far from a fool.

Go back to Jan 2008 and look at his calls for gold leaving the station and the USDX crashing to 44-50.

Anyone doing anything other than buying gold coins to sit on got badly hurt listening to Bob, he was wrong about gold and the USD and spectacularly wrong about the Dow.

Longterm he has been right about gold but was that a surprise to anyone ffs?

The Americans can't do this.... because they have no gold, nobody has seen the US gold reserves or audited them this side of the second world war.

European gold was last seen when the Euro experiment occurred.

Chinese gold was last seen in 2006 when HK airport opened a massive gold repository.

Even British gold has been seen in the vaults by motorbike couriers I know.

But US gold?

The top honcho (Bernanke) said gold is not money and is only kept by central banks because of tradition.

The top honcho (Bernanke) said gold is not money and is only kept by central banks because of tradition.

That's right... the tradition of protecting against 'tail end risks' as he said himself.

Which is why Central Banks of countries with surpluses are busy stocking up. And why those countries' with surpluses are telling their citizens to buy gold and silver

It's only the bankrupt countries, whose only only 'assets' are debt and future inflation, whose central banks are clearly puzzled by the gold rally who can't work out what it all means, and assumes everyone is as thick as he is pretending to be.

I mean.. really...

bernanke stated (quite correctly imho...you just have to understand banker-speak) that gold is not really money...it is AN ASSET.,one of several media of exchange.

..but the REAL money and power lie in LAND,and the means to produce food/energy/shelter(and I'm not talking about buy-to-let either,I'm talking on much-much larger scale)

that is why they are attempting to debauch currencies and divert attention to buying plastic tat,while they build up large tracts of land reserves capable of supplying the basic necessities of life.

don't get me wrong,gold is a very useful tool when fiat currencies have no faith left in the system,but the ultimate rulers of the world will seek control of what ability there is to produce the critical infrastructure of life is...and will seek to monopolise it.