House Price Crash Forum

Biased News Blog

roblpm

HOLA441

See today in the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/story/0...1583490,00.html

"The financial services sector is booming, with business, jobs and profits rising"

All we see on the blog is manufacturing jobs losses, and the assumption that we are screaming in to recession (and therefore HPC). Whilst I am all for a HPC having STR'ed I would like to get a balanced view of what is really going on. So can we have the up stories on the blog as well??

HOLA442

"The financial services sector is booming, with business, jobs and profits rising"

All we see on the blog is manufacturing jobs losses, and the assumption that we are screaming in to recession (and therefore HPC). Whilst I am all for a HPC having STR'ed I would like to get a balanced view of what is really going on. So can we have the up stories on the blog as well??

Fair comment

HOLA443
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Well that`s good news, no need for a cut in Interest Rates then.

HOLA444

I wouldn't read too much into it. Anyone who knows a journalist knows it's all tripe that's printed anyway. That blurb will have come straight from PriceWaterhouseCoopers marketing department.

And does anyone take the Guardian seriously?

It is possibly the worst comic at the newsagents. They appear to be left, workers rights, liberal etc. Ask them why they ditch their staff journalists before they've served a full year. Oh - to avoid forking out for fulltime staff benefits. Shysters. They don't walk the walk.

HOLA445

No real surprise the financial services sector is doing well they just feeding off the fiat money being pumped into the economy by the banks and government, when the over supply dries up they will just whither and die.

They are a short term symptom of a sick market its like saying we have a healthy housing market because of the high proportion of BTL landlords.

HOLA446

Its a psychological trait to find re-enforcers in your beliefs, its sorta linked to denial, i found myself doing it a while ago , i bought some shares then went looking for articles to back up my investment, if i accidently found one that contradicted my choice then i was discredit it in my own mind.

Im aware that as people we do this, so just think how often people do it who are not aware of it.

HOLA447
No real surprise the financial services sector is doing well they just feeding off the fiat money being pumped into the economy by the banks and government, when the over supply dries up they will just whither and die.

They are a short term symptom of a sick market its like saying we have a healthy housing market because of the high proportion of BTL landlords.

Don't think you can really say that the activities of the City of London are a 'short term sympton'. They've been doing their stuff for a long time and, I'll wager, will continue doing so.

HOLA448
Its a psychological trait to find re-enforcers in your beliefs, its sorta linked to denial, i found myself doing it a while ago , i bought some shares then went looking for articles to back up my investment, if i accidently found one that contradicted my choice then i was discredit it in my own mind.

Im aware that as people we do this, so just think how often people do it who are not aware of it.

Spot on. I sometimes have to remember that us on HPC are as prone to this as anybody. It doesn't mean we are wrong but it is healthy to take a week out from this site as I have recently done and read and view only 'mainstream' stuff instead. Then HPC seems like a breath of fresh air once again.

Of course it works the other way, too. HPC shows us how self-reinforcing the rest of the media has been with regard to property.

Edited by Starcrossed