House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milton

Your Worst Hangover?

What are your most memorable Hangovers?

Had to attend a large assault course type event, once, much like the BBC Total Wipeout course, at a Famous National Theme Park, in my Mid Twenties.

A large section had been roped off, in the middle of the theme park, with the course inside it, and thousands of people were stood around watching. TV camera crews were present. On a Saturday Morning.

All sorts of business's were competing against each other.

I was on the floor in the back of the car, all the drive up. With a work colleague and his wife driving.

Stopping regularly to vomit. And halfway around the course, I was still vomiting, mid race. On the Obstacles.

The guy on the microphone, over the very loud Tannoy system, was highlighting this, as I threw up, making loud exclamations like "OooooHH!"

The new girlfriends parents had come up especially to watch.

It was the first time they had seen me.

I remember this bloke once who came on hpc worrying he was having a heart attack after a night on the razz.

We told him he probably just had acid reflux and not to bother going to the doctor's. Don't know what happened to him.

Two incidents: 1. Drinking Gold Label Barley Wines at 3 to a pint glass.A spectacular one with really bad toothache in every tooth in

my mouth.

2. Drinking home brew.I remember being on the ground and hanging on as if I was upside down on a ceiling.It

was quite weird and a bit scary as a 16 year old amateur brewer.

I genuinely once woke up after a heavy night and thought I was dead. II have never had that experience , either before or since. Was so semi-conscious but felt like I couldn't move, brain scrambled and buzzing and generally feeling completely ethereal. And I happened to be topless on the roof of a KFC somewhere in North London.

The weird thing was that I was taking a fair amount of speed and coke at the time and never had anything as bad as from that mix of beer, wine and whisky.

Many years ago - about a gram of charlie , snorted one E and had 6 others - and on the pints plus shots from 11am to about 1am - words cannot describe the next day

Night out with a free bar.

Drank an enormous amount of free g&t.

Next day was so ill I was unable to move without being sick. Was ill for full 24 hours and just completely dehyrated as couldn't keep even water down.

Violently bad head accompanied it. Have never been so ill since nor do I want to be.

I have since then got bad heads if I drink too much - something that I never really had before back in my drinking days.

I barely drink now as I find the whole getting pissed thing too unpleasant - I don't like the wobbly drunken feeling at all.

Night out with a free bar.

Drank an enormous amount of free g&t.

Next day was so ill I was unable to move without being sick. Was ill for full 24 hours and just completely dehyrated as couldn't keep even water down.

Violently bad head accompanied it. Have never been so ill since nor do I want to be.

I have since then got bad heads if I drink too much - something that I never really had before back in my drinking days.

I barely drink now as I find the whole getting pissed thing too unpleasant - I don't like the wobbly drunken feeling at all.

18 years old and in the navy. Friend off on deployment for 10 months the next day. Drinking Woods Rum neat all day, followed by a chinese [butterfly king prawns, actually.] Spent the whole night and next two days vomiting. My stomach still won't tolerate rum 40 years later.

I remember this bloke once who came on hpc worrying he was having a heart attack after a night on the razz.

I used to work with a guy, who was complaining one morning, about chest pains. He suddenly stood up, and grasped his chest and fell over.

An ambulance was called. And he was put in the back. The entire staff watched out of the large window as the Ambulance sped away. About a quarter of a mile down the road. The lights went off. The Ambulance stopped, and the guy got out the back and walked away. In sight of us all. True story. Pulled it to get a day off work.

Another time, years ago, a friend of mine, knew a bloke who owned a small restaurant. Who invited us down, and gave us a free meal, and a couple of caraffe's of vino. Suddenly a guy two tables away, promptly, flopped over, side of face in the Tiramisu.

An ambulance was called, and he was taken away.

The owner came over distraught, and told us he had done it before, and he gets out of the Ambulance at the AandE, and goes home.

Just to get out of paying.

Many years ago - about a gram of charlie , snorted one E and had 6 others - and on the pints plus shots from 11am to about 1am - words cannot describe the next day

:blink:

First sign of a bad hangover is if the slightest movement engenders pain and nausea. The only thought is that if you stay perfectly still then maybe you wont die.

That said hangovers where you spend the day in bed at home nursing a bad head and queasy stomach are unpleasant but rarely memorable. The truly epic ones are where you have to get up, get dressed and try to function as a member of society. Doing your normal job while your head has a steam hammer thumping in it, your stomach is churning like a cement mixer and you can barely croak your speech is where the true exquisite pain lies. I once felt so bad on a day I simply had to get to work that it took me an hour just to put on my trousers.

Drinking is like investing you need to keep count and apply a stop loss when a limit is reached.

Worst hangover was after a 3 day weekend when in Germany that mostly consisted of breakfast being vodka to get through the previous hangover and then drinking through.

After 3 days on it I couldnt hold water down for 3 days and felt rough for another day or so after.

Since then I have a rule about not starting before lunchtime :D

Nothing as bad as what's here, probably my 21st birthday was the worst. Now I know why I rarely drink. I don't particularly enjoy anything more than a few drinks, but it's rarely possible to do that on a night out. The way it ******s me up the day after, mentally, just isn't worth the 'fun'.

I once worked for a company who were bought by a Swedish company.

We were invited over to HQ and our sales director took us out for a night on the lash.. I don't remember what time I got in, but I remember getting into bed just as my alarm went off.. and immediately getting out the other side in a transitory fashion to head for the shower.

I don't remember much of the next day.. but apparently I passed out twice while our sales director was making his "around the table" presentation to our new owners.

Not my finest hour :unsure: