House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thunderbird 900

Bbc Journalists Out On Strike

Watched the lunchtime news today on the BBC which was presented by a middle aged well spoken man.

Never seen him before but miles better than the awful Kate Silverton.

No ridiculous smiling, meaningful expressions, changes in vocal presentation or "Thank you so so much" to the weather presnter.

Best of all... no wink to the camera at the end with more fake smiles.

Crap Newsreader, she'd be much better if she pissxd off to Mumsnet.

What a relief that would be!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14152795

BBC Journalists Out On Strike

Striking in today`s World is a complete waste of time.

The Bosses have and will always hold today the Ace Card.

You are now slaves to the system, be thankful that at least you can survive on Tesco Value beans on toast. ;)

I'm hate how they look at ipads now (ok, maybe that's just Sky news?) and start to speak like Peston.. (this.. uuuuuum stooooooory is aaaaal about... uuuuuum... as you can see heeeeeeuuuuuurrrrr.... ) Noooooooooooo!!!

I'm hate how they look at ipads now (ok, maybe that's just Sky news?) and start to speak like Peston.. (this.. uuuuuum stooooooory is aaaaal about... uuuuuum... as you can see heeeeeeuuuuuurrrrr.... ) Noooooooooooo!!!

Starting each sentence with "Well <insert first name of newsreader>....."

In fact the guy they got reading the bulletins was pretty good. A bit like the news in the 60/70's when they just read stuff out, interspersed with filmed reports, and none of their crappy/faked opinionating and editorial.

guitarman. Spot on!

Peston is the most irritating pain in the bum presenter I have ever had the misfortune to listen to.

The way the BBC roll him out as though he is some sort of political and economic guru.

His presenting skills are those of a pretentious know it all who is lecturing the viewer, not informing them.

He reminds me of Mandelson. So far up his own arxe he never found the exit. :angry:

Journalism is such a competitive field they could simply sack the lot of them and have a replacement staff in tomorrow.

What's wrong with our Kate prey tell?

Attractive, stupid and believes in the BBC dogma hook line and stinker.

the glasses almost make her look intelligent. She has a lovely swimmer bod though. Maybe she should present in a swim suit, I could tolerate the indoctrination then.

I hate the way BBC newscelebs emote while reading the stories. When it's a natural disaster they put on their frowny face and use a sad voice, and when it's a happy story (like house prices going up) they get a little twinkle in their eye and use a chirpy voice. They might as well start playing mood music in the background, like the Darth Vader theme when Gaddafi is making a speech.

Dorkins exactly!

The worst of the bunch is Kate Silverton.

Her facial expressions almost mirror the story.

The worst thing is the tone of her voice.

She almost becomes the story.

I suggest she takes a longer than usual maternity break.

She might just come back halfway to normal.

http://www.dailymail...k-job-cuts.html

Some good comments comming in.

e.g.

Good, it will give me a rest from all the left wing biased drivel as they only seem report on the that's fits in with their agenda. The only good and reliable item on Breakfast is the clock.- maxine, London, England, UK, 15/7/2011 5:59
Why does it take 2 news readers to sit and read from an auto-cue? Imagine 2 technicians stood in front of your boiler. One undoes the nut, they swap over. The next takes out the pipe. They swap over. The other then removes the burner, etc, etc. Then when they've finished your presented with a double bill. Wouldn't happen. Wouldn't be accepted. So, again, why does it need 2 newsreaders. His bit is probably in blue, hers will be in red. Male "blah, blah". Female "blah, blah". Male "blah, blah". Female "blah, blah". Probably trying on the eyes if you have to do it all by yourself. £500 grand per annum each. Nice one.

- Jeff, Pudsey, 15/7/2011 9:05

pl1, Comments now disabled on the Mail column...Wonder why?

Gavin Grey, who I've never seen before, was excellent yesterday

Just compare the two pictures.

One, a well presented news presenter who reads the news without gurning to the camera,

frowning or winking etc.

The other, Kate Silverton, all teeth, jewellery and a total airhead.

Difficult choice?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014871/BBC-strike-Radio-4s-Today-programme-disrupted-staff-walk-job-cuts.html

I hate the way BBC newscelebs emote while reading the stories. When it's a natural disaster they put on their frowny face and use a sad voice, and when it's a happy story (like house prices going up) they get a little twinkle in their eye and use a chirpy voice. They might as well start playing mood music in the background, like the Darth Vader theme when Gaddafi is making a speech.

When Libya was kicking off at the same time as the Japan Earthquake, Sophie Raworth looked so excited. She was delighted that she was the one bringing all of this important news to the nation.