House Price Crash Forum
SEW247

Gold / Silver Where? What? How?

Just found out I've come into £10k (maybe £20k.) My thoughts at present are high inflation, sovereign debt issues ongoing, PIIGS default between now and 2013, hence I want to continue with metals (although I like to have a bit in cash too and currently believe equities are due a nasty fall).

I would be interested in some Gold / Silver bugs' opinions of what I should do in regards to PMs. Basically, I need to potentially remortgage in May 2013, and I'm presently on a tracker below BOE until then (reverting to SVR.) I have lots of equity in my place (at the moment <_< ) and the original plan was to potentially cash in my PMs and wipe out my mortgage. I may however carry on on SVR if BOE remains low and things still look bad.

Therefore what are your opinions on:

- Continuing to buy Krugerrands or load my Bullion Vault account buying gold

- Buy physical Silver or continue loading my Bullion Vault account (I cant get over the 20% VAT, although I do have some physical kg bars)

My concerns are that I may want to sell in the next 2 years or possibly hold on for a few more if the outlook continues to be bad. I sort of like the freedom of Bullion Vault as it's very easy to buy and sell.

Appreciate your input.

Just found out I've come into £10k (maybe £20k.) My thoughts at present are high inflation, sovereign debt issues ongoing, PIIGS default between now and 2013, hence I want to continue with metals (although I like to have a bit in cash too and currently believe equities are due a nasty fall).

I would be interested in some Gold / Silver bugs' opinions of what I should do in regards to PMs. Basically, I need to potentially remortgage in May 2013, and I'm presently on a tracker below BOE until then (reverting to SVR.) I have lots of equity in my place (at the moment <_< ) and the original plan was to potentially cash in my PMs and wipe out my mortgage. I may however carry on on SVR if BOE remains low and things still look bad.

Therefore what are your opinions on:

- Continuing to buy Krugerrands or load my Bullion Vault account buying gold

- Buy physical Silver or continue loading my Bullion Vault account (I cant get over the 20% VAT, although I do have some physical kg bars)

My concerns are that I may want to sell in the next 2 years or possibly hold on for a few more if the outlook continues to be bad. I sort of like the freedom of Bullion Vault as it's very easy to buy and sell.

Appreciate your input.

I'd buy Krugerrands then take a view in 20 months' time

If as is likely they ve printed money kept interest rates low then your Krugers will be worth 50% more than now, but you'd still hold onto them and remortgage at low %

Is it really likely rates will be at 7%, and gold fallen in £? You could always put your own stop loss on gold so you sell it at 70% of buy price and pay off most of your mortgage but I really doubt this will be necessary.