House Price Crash Forum
Boom'n'Bust

Yorkshire Leads The Way For Northern Hotspots

http://www.mortgageintroducer.com/news/new...p?unqueid=14657

Yorkshire leads the way for Northern hotspots

Data from SmartNewHomes.com, the UK’s leading new homes website, reveals that Leeds has seen a huge increase in the number of new homebuyers looking to move to the area over the last year, establishing Yorkshire & Humberside as the third most popular region in the UK behind only the South West and Scotland. Leeds’ popularity stems from its extensive regeneration over the last few years, as well as the fact that it remains an affordable part of the country with prices on average 6.8% cheaper than the average UK price over the last year and 12.4% cheaper than cities such as Manchester in the nearby North West.

just think. you could be sitting in leeds. sipping on a tetleys. looking out over the city apartment over the large railway station. thinking. wow. my flats worth 200k and my wages are 15k.

then you jump off the balcony. through the station roof. tearing off an arm on the gantry, before hitting the platform with such force. the blood couldnt be fully powerwashed from the dimpled surface for 9 days.

just think. you could be sitting in leeds. sipping on a tetleys. looking out over the city apartment over the large railway station. thinking. wow. my flats worth 200k and my wages are 15k.

then you jump off the balcony. through the station roof. tearing off an arm on the gantry, before hitting the platform with such force. the blood couldnt be fully powerwashed from the dimpled surface for 9 days.

eek how macabre! :o Will let you know if such a scenario occurs...

we would really miss you RFD if you bought and buggered off, you special brand of comedic input would be sadly missed. :)

Guest Charlie The Tramp

I know quite a few people who have retired in the South and moved to Yorkshire including three cousins.

I think it`s the Last Of The Summer Wine scenario for them.

Guest Bart of Darkness
Yorkshire has been widely tipped by experts as an area likely to see house price rises

Yeah, right.

The city now plays host to a mass of call centres

Jobs for life. And such high paid ones as well.

The regeneration has resulted in the city centre become desirable and new apartments targeted at young professionals now dominate
Oh oh! Sounds familiar.
Crosby Homes is soon to release the second phase of Clarence Dock which, when completed, will consist of 1,100 luxury one and two bedroom apartments integrated with commercial and leisure developments over 15 acres.

Great timing guys. Does the word "glut" spring to mind?

just think. you could be sitting in leeds. sipping on a tetleys. looking out over the city apartment over the large railway station. thinking. wow. my flats worth 200k and my wages are 15k

then for reasons only known to yourself, you head down to the rail station heading for the point crossings at the end of the platform. placing each ankle into the traps you allow the hydraulic rams to bite, sealing your fate, and any temptations to change your mind. despite the agony. your dreams will come true in minutes. keep your eyes closed and your personal stereo up to max volume. the lines shake, the smell of oil draws closer.

the officers remarked later " although we found the main bulk of the torso and legs further into the station, the victims feet and ankles were still stood upright further down the line."

Guest Bart of Darkness

Is it the thought of living in a 200k flat in Leeds that brings on these death wish fantasies Fred?

If so, I can see where you're coming from!

Edited by Bart of Darkness

i dont think its leeds in particular. i was sitting in the quay in preston on the old port. thinking about my £135 flat and my 12k wages. i dont know what came over me, but i had the sudden urge to entrap myself in discarded netting and steel reinforced concrete and jump into the mud banks as the rip tide came up the fylde....

i think its the salary vs monthly pcm factor that seems to dissolve my dopamine reserves.

Is it the thought of living in a 200k flat in Leeds that brings on these death wish fantasies Fred?

If so, I can see where you're coming from!

hey Leeds has got a lot going for it in my view. However, a mass of well-paid jobs and affordable properties are two things not on the list.

The place will return to the scum-ridden NF-infested post-industrial toilet it was in the 1980s when this ridiculous bubble pops, I'm afraid.

Many of my friends still live in Leeds, and those that haven't bought yet won't be doing so unless things get cheaper. Even without the knowledge that comes from trawling on here for hours they know it would be a bad idea