House Price Crash Forum
Quiet Guy

Telegraph Gold Article

http://www.telegraph...r-unravels.html

The bar to QE3 - yet more bond purchases - is even lower than markets had thought. The new intake of hard-money men on the voting committee has not shifted Fed thinking, despite global anger at dollar debasement under QE2.

Fuelling the blaze, the emerging powers of Asia are almost all running uber-loose monetary policies. Most have negative real interest rates that push citizens out of bank accounts and into gold, or property. China is an arch-inflater. Prices are rising at 6.4pc, yet the one-year deposit rate is just 3.5pc. India's central bank is far behind the curve.

"It is very scary: the flight to gold is accelerating at a faster and faster speed," said Peter Hambro, chairman of Britain's biggest pure gold listing Petropavlovsk.

"One of the big US banks texted me today to say that if QE3 actually happens, we could see gold at $5,000 and silver at $1,000. I feel terribly sorry for anybody on fixed incomes tied to a fiat currency because they are not going to be able to buy things with that paper money."

This has to be one of the most bullish mainstream articles on Au I've ever seen. Not sure what to make of it: a sign of explosive prices to come or another contrarian indicator that the sheeple are about to join us?

[/i]This has to be one of the most bullish mainstream articles on Au I've ever seen. Not sure what to make of it: a sign of explosive prices to come or another contrarian indicator that the sheeple are about to join us?

Media attention? I might have to buy some too and then sell-up just as Delusion kicks in.

bubble-lifecycle.gif

There comes a point when you realise the entire fiat money system is FUBAR and the only way out is for a revaluation of the money itself, in my mind this is heading towards 10p back in the £, tops.

The farmers (taxpayers) hen house (fiat money system) is being guarded by the rooster (govt.), the hound (regulators) and the fox (banksters), each and every night the guards steal a chicken from the farmer and split it three way, despite the fact the farmer pays them handsomely for their services.

Media attention? I might have to buy some too and then sell-up just as Delusion kicks in.

bubble-lifecycle.gif

I believe we are at the media attention bit tbh.... I saw an article in the Sun talking about uber gold prices.

I think we are still in the early stages though as we still haven't seen incessant ramping on TV.

There comes a point when you realise the entire fiat money system is FUBAR and the only way out is for a revaluation of the money itself, in my mind this is heading towards 10p back in the £, tops.

Well our current £ is 40 years old, around this time the currency dies and is replaced by something else. I think you're optimistic about 10p in the pound I'm thinking 3p in the pound. Especially since we are going all M Shaped, due to the dissappearing middle class post.

This is a lead up to a massive massive default which will be cataclysmic and the government will cover the banks losses which are incredible.

Well our current £ is 40 years old, around this time the currency dies and is replaced by something else. I think you're optimistic about 10p in the pound I'm thinking 3p in the pound. Especially since we are going all M Shaped, due to the dissappearing middle class post.

This is a lead up to a massive massive default which will be cataclysmic and the government will cover the banks losses which are incredible.

3p, sadly I cannot argue that number up as my revisions are only downwards for it.

We know all too well how our leaders will 'save' the banks, bales and bales of printed money. The more they print the less worth the money will have.

I can honestly see the whole lot blowing up before long to the point where the price of petrol prevents people going to work, the supermarkets run out of food and we get some kind of marshal law. I'm fully prepared for it, if it doesn't happen then fine, I'd rather it didn't as I'd prefer a steady increase in Gold and a steady decrease in house prices leaving me at some point in the future exchanging one for the other.

I'd prefer a steady increase in Gold and a steady decrease in house prices leaving me at some point in the future exchanging one for the other.

I used to think the same way, but I'm thinking more escape fund tbh.

If I can ask, where did you buy them from?

I was looking at buy some from coininvestdirect.com to take advantage of the 7% German VAT rate.

Just looked up a bullion dealer in city centre, u know the type of shop that is just a door between two big shops into a basement with Jaildoors as the entrance. it was one of them and hard to find :D dumping my fiat into somthing that wont be used as winter kindling in a few years...my dad thinks im an idiot of course

I think for the majority of people buying or holding onto gold is simply not on their radar.

No friends or work mates have ever expressed any interest of knowledge of PMs. And most people I know are too skint to buy a few Sovs "just in case".

Just this morning I had an email from a relative advising me to sell any gold I may have because it's now at an all time high and they were dead chuffed at the amount of filthy fiat they were able to get for some old jewellery yesterday.

When people like this start buying, that's when we'll be in the bubble.

bubble-lifecycle.gif

I think we are at New Paradigm, the media attention has long gone a couple of years ago when gold shot up, since then every man woman and child has got in to the action, its clear as day, when everyone is on the badwagon thats when to get off, look at the gold vending machines, that just shows its too late for the price of it.

if you buy gold today its for a long term investment (10 years +) you wont make much money off it in the sort term

all IMO by just watching the markets etc. i could probably be wrong, and do not take thisp ost as advice as to what to/not to do

I think we are at New Paradigm, the media attention has long gone a couple of years ago when gold shot up, since then every man woman and child has got in to the action, its clear as day, when everyone is on the badwagon thats when to get off, look at the gold vending machines, that just shows its too late for the price of it.

if you buy gold today its for a long term investment (10 years +) you wont make much money off it in the sort term

all IMO by just watching the markets etc. i could probably be wrong, and do not take thisp ost as advice as to what to/not to do

I know no fukcer involved in this action you speak of... People are more interested in buying iPhones than buying Gold... When there's a line of suckers outside the cash4gold joints looking to buy that is the time to sell, at the minute the suckers are selling, not buying.