House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Royal Mail Cuts 500 In Leicester,derby,worcester

t'other day,had a delivery and the cheeky f***** jsut popped a card through the door while I was sat there.cue a 4 mile trip into town and 30 min wait to get my stuff as so many others are doing it.Unbelievable.And I say this as an ex posty................I can see why there business is going down.I would never use them for anything that couldn't get through the letterbox.

I think this is quite common, I have twice had cards through the door when I have been in and it is very obvious that they have not attempted to deliver.

I think this is quite common, I have twice had cards through the door when I have been in and it is very obvious that they have not attempted to deliver.

I suspect this is not an accidental occurence; rather it's a deliberate policy of allowing standards to slip in a nationalised industry. Privatisation will then be easier to force through - government spinners will claim that the current system is unsustainable as they are losing too much custom..

I suspect this is not an accidental occurence; rather it's a deliberate policy of allowing standards to slip in a nationalised industry. Privatisation will then be easier to force through - government spinners will claim that the current system is unsustainable as they are losing too much custom.

Or possibly to get you to pay the premium for saturday delivery?

It's worth remembering that while overall mail volumes have dropped over the last 20 years, the volumes to houses have skyrocketed... it's the business mail that's dropped. Offices are no longer getting sack and sacks of mail delivered by a van, but your average postie now has to have a drop box for a second and maybe third bagload of mail, and then the van drops off the bags of packages to him later. Thus they don't have bikes any more and get dropped off by minibus, as they couldn't carry it all on a bike. Junk mail and internet shopping have left your average postie working twice as hard while royal mail go on about reduced volumes... it's just the high profit business mail that's gone down.

Of course on top of that you have the crook known as Adam Crozier, who is also on the board of one of the private mail companies (TNT?) who agreed Royal Mail would deliver mail for the private companies at a huge loss while giving the private mail companies a literal licence to print money. A man truely deserving of the death sentence for treason.

I mentioned to the clerk the lack of queues these days in the main postoffice near me which a year ago was a guaranteed wait of 5-10 mins at lunchtime, went twice this week and both times there were 2 windows free and i could walk straight up. She blamed it on internet use for their counter services and ebay sellers finding cheaper methods. I've found the same in my bank as well though where i can walk straight up to a free counter most lunchtimes. I think the country is grinding to a halt.

I suspect this is not an accidental occurence; rather it's a deliberate policy of allowing standards to slip in a nationalised industry. Privatisation will then be easier to force through - government spinners will claim that the current system is unsustainable as they are losing too much custom..

this could equally be response on a thread about the NHS where in my experience they choose the managers on account of their complete ineptitude for the post.

I mentioned to the clerk the lack of queues these days in the main postoffice near me which a year ago was a guaranteed wait of 5-10 mins at lunchtime, went twice this week and both times there were 2 windows free and i could walk straight up. She blamed it on internet use for their counter services and ebay sellers finding cheaper methods. I've found the same in my bank as well though where i can walk straight up to a free counter most lunchtimes. I think the country is grinding to a halt.

The clerk is right - previously i had to go to the post office to renew my road tax for example, now it is far quicker to do it online.

Only time this year i have used the local postoffice was to buy some stamps or get parcel weighed and priced which i was sending abroad. Same for the banks mostly do all transactions online. Its the internet not a duff economy.

Thing is RM could have the edge if they delivered early in the morning before most people go to work. Just like they used to. Now, they are no different to any other "courier" - only deliver during the day when most people are out at work.