House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quine

Never Buy The Sun

What's that all about then?

Not sure, does not even make sense as an insult.

Then again, anything Billy Bragg has to say about anything is of zero importance to me.

All this shocked moral outrage - don't get me wrong, News International was and is fairly despicable, but I wonder how long it's going to be before the next newspaper is exposed in the same way. Or perhaps NOTW was selected as the "Lehman brothers" (fall guy)

But... how many tens of thousands of people have called Sky and cancelled their subscriptions? How many people made a choice today to buy something other than a Murdoch paper?

All this shocked moral outrage - don't get me wrong, News International was and is fairly despicable, but I wonder how long it's going to be before the next newspaper is exposed in the same way. Or perhaps NOTW was selected as the "Lehman brothers" (fall guy)

But... how many tens of thousands of people have called Sky and cancelled their subscriptions? How many people made a choice today to buy something other than a Murdoch paper?

Thank **** someone else thinks this. The hysteria has been unbelievable.. I was starting to think I was the only sane person left.

How many people honestly thought journalists never resorted to slightly underhand methods to get "a story". I don't believe for a second that ONLY journalists working with TNOTW were naughty and that every other journalist in the world is squeeky clean. I mean, come on.. pull the other one!

The mobile operators seem to have got away with quite a bit too.

Imagine if I built an ecommerce website which you registered to use, but instead of selecting a password or having one randomly generated for you, I simply set the password for all new users as "password" or "0000".

The onus is on the user to change that, otherwise anyone can easily gain access to their account knowing nothing more than their email address (in this context, telephone number)

That is fundamentally flawed security.

Next, to the users. I don't use voicemail on my phone but I'm pretty certain that when you set it up, it does say "You need to choose a PIN to protect your voicemail". The users didn't do that, either.

The above in no way whatsoever should be seen as condoning the behaviour of that wretched organisation.

However if people aren't cancelling their sky dishes left right and centre and stands aren't full of unsold copies of the Sun today, and people still pick up a copy of Heat magazine or some other lowlife trash this week, I do hope they're not in the group of people pretending to be morally outraged by what has happened.

Agree with this, although for me this could be the straw that breaks the camels back. Sick of Sky, sick of the repeats, sick of paying for adverts, oh the adverts! Sick of knowing I can get most of it on Freeview Record with a cheapo internet provider. Good idea. Let's cancel Sky!

hacking and murdoch is just a side show .... Its the depth of police /political corruption and incompetence is the real issue

Never buy the sun? Ok. Been following this religion for decades.

The mobile operators seem to have got away with quite a bit too.

Imagine if I built an ecommerce website which you registered to use, but instead of selecting a password or having one randomly generated for you, I simply set the password for all new users as "password" or "0000".

The onus is on the user to change that, otherwise anyone can easily gain access to their account knowing nothing more than their email address (in this context, telephone number)

That is fundamentally flawed security.

And you sir, have just described my school hacking days..!

Since Diana the media (especially murdoch) have made their living by whipping up hysteria and faux outrage. It's like watching a monster turn on its creator.

I'm sorry, but I don't like being told what I can and cannot buy.

I think it's more of a thread title to provoke debate rather than a mandate that shall be obeyed :)

I'm sorry, but I don't like being told what I can and cannot buy.

em......it's actually the title of the song :)