House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zebbedee

Capitalone Cc

I got my usual email of dross today from money saving expert but there was a gem in there about 5% cashback with CapitalOne for the first 3 months (haven't seen a cashback rate like that for a while). Now whilst intending to do all the shopping on it for the 3 months during the application there was the question to paraphrase "How would you rate you credit score-Poor,Medium.Good,Perfect" Now knowing I'm in the high 900s I ofcourse opted for poor. But what is this, don't bother checking thier score, just get them to grade themselves. I'm sure they check but what is the purpose of such a question?

Also digitaly signed for the credit agreement (new one on me) and card arriving in 7-10 days.

maybe it's a further psychological credit-worthiness check

they WILL check your experian/equifax record, but if you have an actual record of poor, and you also say it is poor, then this possibly makes you a better risk than someone who has a poor record but insists they must have a good record, it tells them somethign about your awareness and attitude to debt

maybe ;)

*5% cashback is earned on all purchases for 99 days from account opening up to a maximum total cashback of £100. After this period you will earn 0.5% cashback for all subsequent purchases up to an aggregate of £5,999.99, increasing to 1% for aggregate purchases from £6,000 to £9,999.99 and increasing again to 1.25% for aggregate purchases from £10,000. There is no limit to the cashback you can earn after the first 99 days of account opening.

Looks like you need a degree in maths to work this one.

*5% cashback is earned on all purchases for 99 days from account opening up to a maximum total cashback of £100. After this period you will earn 0.5% cashback for all subsequent purchases up to an aggregate of £5,999.99, increasing to 1% for aggregate purchases from £6,000 to £9,999.99 and increasing again to 1.25% for aggregate purchases from £10,000. There is no limit to the cashback you can earn after the first 99 days of account opening.

Looks like you need a degree in maths to work this one.

Yeh, like I said I'll take the 3 months at 5% cashback (simples) then be done with it and open the Amex for the 5% on that but less accepted ('O the irony)