House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ʎqɐqɹǝʞɐɥs

Bank To Hold Rates Despite House Price Decline

Another showcase for the Usefulness of Economic Forecasts.

'House prices will rise over the coming months due to increased mortgage approval numbers'

'House prices will fall over the coming months due to supply outstripping

demand'

Seems to me that high turnover in a buyer's market should indicate

coming price falls, let's see.

Pent

From that Independent article :-

Analysts said it could feed through to 10 per cent annual house price inflation in the coming months

Which analysts, and what drugs are they on ?

The MPC must hold rates - to do otherwise would be just encouraging the UK's credit junkies to pay for the cost of living increases on their credit cards - akin to giving Kate Moss & her junkie sidekick Columbian diplomatic passports.

I don't get this "strip out rises in fuel prices, housing, food, electricity & council tax payments and the core rate of inflation is unchanged" argument" either - what planet are these "analysts" & "commentators" on???

Pent

The thought had crossed my mind, but I never posted on it before. A drop in prices along with an increaes in volume, that sort of stuff would make you a bit worried on the stock market.

<_<

Guest Riser
The thought had crossed my mind, but I never posted on it before. A drop in prices along with an increaes in volume, that sort of stuff would make you a bit worried on the stock market.

<_<

I agree,volume indicates the strength of the current trend. We are now starting to see faster price falls this may well be accompanied by increasing volume of sales as more peole who have been holding out for a better price come out of denial and start to rush for the exit.

The falls could be faster this time as amy of the sellers will be BTL who are leveraged to the hilt in a falling market, many of those boasting now about £1 million portfolios will go the the wall as rents fail to cover mortgages and banks start to foreclose or ask for additional finance as the ratio of loan to value comes crashing down B)

Another showcase for the Usefulness of Economic Forecasts.

'House prices will rise over the coming months due to increased mortgage approval numbers'

'House prices will fall over the coming months due to supply outstripping

demand'

Pent

The amount of reports I've seen where the second paragraph contradicts the first is astonishing. Sometimes it's as if several people are writing them or the writer isn't sure what he/she is writing about.

I've also noticed that most headlines don't seem to reflect the opinion of the content. However, 6 months ago a bull headline would contain a bear article, but now there are many more bear headlines and bull articles.

Anyway, I would like to think the BOE are immune to media sensationalism and the crys of those who haven't prepared for these times. That's what annoys me, these companies seem to have the attitude that they are owed a living. IMHO I can't believe that any good business man or woman couldn't forsee this happening and would have prepared for it. But no, instead, when it does happen, they go crying to the BOE for an IR cut. GRRR!