House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andygivenup

Wage Inflation Has Just Arrived

A guy who works for me, today asked for a 32% payrise he was unaware that it was 32% until I pointed it out. When questioned on how he arrived at this figure surprise surprise "me and me bird wanna get our own place and that's how much I need" (corrected meself) bankers need.

We really are fecked.

Isn't it the powers that be's plan to force wage inflation whilst protesting and pretending like the true thespians they are that they don't want a wage spiral? Seems that way

Isn't it the powers that be's plan to force wage inflation whilst protesting and pretending like the true thespians they are that they don't want a wage spiral? Seems that way

Yes, it does. However, best laid plans and all that, I don't think they're going to get one.

Agree, I think thats what they think they can do they can run inflation at 6-7% for ten years which means wage inflation will follow it along but not as much, hence making us poorer by the end. I have no formal education in these subjects and I dropped my crystal ball years ago. But I am a local business man with a small family run business and i get to see a good cross section of my towns folk. Their scared very scared but not got a clue what to do if the people in charge can keep it ticking along I reckon they could get away with this.

Once someone local to me starts paying more it will drive itself.

Haven't you missed a vital point? Asking for a 32% wage increase is one thing, being given one is quite another...!!

Did you grant the request?

Edited by Voice of Reason

Yes, it does. However, best laid plans and all that, I don't think they're going to get one.

I wonder if they stand in front of the mirror and practice the gestures and denials of wage inflation, really gets my goat when they play charades like this

Agree, I think thats what they think they can do they can run inflation at 6-7% for ten years which means wage inflation will follow it along but not as much, hence making us poorer by the end. I have no formal education in these subjects and I dropped my crystal ball years ago. But I am a local business man with a small family run business and i get to see a good cross section of my towns folk. Their scared very scared but not got a clue what to do if the people in charge can keep it ticking along I reckon they could get away with this.

Once someone local to me starts paying more it will drive itself.

Interesting gauge you have there, we'll have to see if something bites the govt's plan on the backside

Did you grant the request?

Is under consideration... My point is I'm out on the very edges of the big picture and the payrises are starting to be asked for, so here comes your wage inflation, possibly.

Is under consideration... My point is I'm out on the very edges of the big picture and the payrises are starting to be asked for, so here comes your wage inflation, possibly.

What kind of business do you run?

Garage services, in a nutshell we repair cars.

I'd expect a hefty payrise to repair cars inside a nutshell - ever considered doing it in a garage?

(chi-ching)