House Price Crash Forum
athom

One Off Opportunity. £480,000 To Proceedable Purchasers For Two Weeks Only.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34233473.html

Started out at £525k on 14th June.....

now the brief description changed to this

"ONE OFF OPPORTUNITY. £480,000 to proceedable purchasers for two weeks only. Enquire immediately. An individual detached spacious family home in one of the Chew Valley's most sought after villages. The property is situated on a generous sized plot in the centre of the village. The opportunit...

Another one for my rightmove saved comedy house prices th_male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-e.gif

Edited by athom

Talking about RM, just spotted a derelict pub on there which I go past from time to time, that started the year at £425K, went down in March to £375K, dropped again in April to £350K, was reduced in late May to £325K and new today, is now on for £300K :D

I see, rather than a banner stating 'desperate over-indebted seller', the estate agents have settled for the discreet ar5e end of a black Range Rover Sport protruding from the driveway.

ONE OFF OPPORTUNITY. £480,000 to proceedable purchasers for two weeks only. Enquire immediately

And after those two weeks have passed ?

ONE OFF OPPORTUNITY. £460,000 to proceedable purchasers for two weeks only. Enquire immediately ???

Started out at £525k on 14th June.....

They've been trying to sell it since at least 1st July 2009.

An archived page of that 2009 ad shows back then they put it on then at £510,000.

There are so many spot-the-difference changes in the new Rightmove ad compared to the 2009 one.

The owners have tarted it up and made many little adjustments with the furnishings. There is a house next door which look very similar in external colour so I wasn't sure at first, but every pic ties in just with lots of little adjustments.

July 2009 ad http://www.zoopla.co.../140838?image=1

New Rightmove ad:http://www.rightmove...y-34233473.html

I should have checked sales data and transactions first.

Nethouseprices info for Elmhurst.

Does that mean someone actually bought it from that 2009 Zoopla ad, paying £499,500, and now the new owners are trying to sell it now in 2011.

It must do yes. Makes sense they've added their own furnishing touch in the meantime.

Does that mean someone actually bought it from that 2009 Zoopla ad, paying £499,500, and now the new owners are trying to sell it now in 2011.

Thanks for the links i didn't know about the archived adverts on Zoopla

Eye watering idea taking a 20k hit but whoever bought this would very likely have made big gains on their previous houses expecting they weren't first time buyers any time in the last decade. Easy come easy go.

Thanks for the links i didn't know about the archived adverts on Zoopla

Eye watering idea taking a 20k hit but whoever bought this would very likely have made big gains on their previous houses expecting they weren't first time buyers any time in the last decade. Easy come easy go.

Home sellers selling for less than what they think it's worth. Now that's a switch.