House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

inflating

Woman In Her 80S Has £20K Nicked From Her House

My mum is in her 60s. Her best friend (ex teacher on a nice pension now) took out all her savings in cash when the SHTF in 08. It was over 90k sterling. She kept it in her handbag and took it out with her wherever she went. Flucking mental.

My mum is in her 60s. Her best friend (ex teacher on a nice pension now) took out all her savings in cash when the SHTF in 08. It was over 90k sterling. She kept it in her handbag and took it out with her wherever she went. Flucking mental.

Somebody I know went out to erm, clean their money up. He had £48,000 in a carrier bag. He took a taxi just to be safe... he left the bag in the taxi :o .

A few years ago a biker lost 110K in cash when his bag flew open.

RBS also used to deal in gold bars, armoured cars were thought to be too obvious and vulnerable so they used motorbike couriers. They'd stick 4 of those 400oz bars into the top boxes of couriers. This was in the 1980s. The 1990s and 00s had no such gold. So if you were ever around in the 80s a motorbike with 1200-1600 troy oz of gold may have been inches away from oyou

At an airfield I know of a guy turned up for training on flexwing microlights. They had trouble getting the belts on because his flying suit was so lumpy... turned out he had £72K of cash on him.

They took him aside for a little chat... it transpired he was paranoid schizophrenia, thinking everyone was out to steal the proceeds of a house sale. :ph34r:

Papers cover a lot of these. Personally i doubt if the £20k ever existed. More like a chancer hoping for someone to take pity and gift them £20k

:lol:

When I lived in a dodgy part of London in a houseshare, person I lived with had gambling debts, so I carried everything with me just in case he decided to pay his debts with my stuff. Someone else I knew had a housemate kick their room door in, nick their stuff and leg it (I was told jewellery over a grand was taken plus some audio)