House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

Chinese To Buy Northumbrian Water

Dear UK say hello to your new masters.

You traded your freedom for flat screen TVs and the chance to live in very expensive houses.

Well done.

You traded your freedom for flat screen TVs and the chance to live in very expensive houses.

Well done.

It's often I dismiss this perspective as doom-mongering and repeating the same old tired conclusions...but this time you do have a point!

tis Li Ka Shing.... Owner of Hong Kong...

He is a rentier through and through and made his wealth purely via rentierism... and jacking up prices extremely quickly at many many many many times the rate of inflation.

Guess whats going to happen?

You should see his children they are extremely unpleasant and have no discernible skills or abilities at all.

See also the money making Greek national lottery being sold off for beans.

Well according to Max Keiser it is.

The rape continues.

I want something done......

That was an amazing story and well reported by Max I thought. That was a great edition of the Keiser report in case anyone missed it.

Why aren't these hugely profitable businesses just IPO'd? Instead they're being given away for pennies on the dollar to these globalist pillagers.

It's often I dismiss this perspective as doom-mongering and repeating the same old tired conclusions...but this time you do have a point!

Indeed. I usually have some sympathy with this perspective without exactly subscribing to it wholesale. But here it is absolutely writ large, and very close to home. Quite alarming to see those reserves now being reycled into British productive assets. These are the spoils of modern mercantilism and empire.

Its the natural conclusion of fairly obvious policy objectives:

1) Create enormous semi-slave labour market

2) Devalue currency

3) Lend Johnny money

4) Flog tat to johnny to buy with lent money

5) Build massive foreign reserves

6) Buy Johnny's country

We had a choice.

We chose to buy the tat and ramp up the price of pre-exisiting assets.

All essentially to avoid a 2001/2002 recession.

Time to eat the sh1t pie.

Well done.

Not hard to renationalise a water company, or use the regulator to make it impossible to make a profit from water.

What would the Chinese do in retaliation? Invade? Cut off the flatscreen TV supply? Good luck with that.

Honestly, China's current policy of buying up assets in indebted Western nations looks pretty foolish. When those countries inevitably default, they will default on foreigners first.

That was an amazing story and well reported by Max I thought. That was a great edition of the Keiser report in case anyone missed it.

Why aren't these hugely profitable businesses just IPO'd? Instead they're being given away for pennies on the dollar to these globalist pillagers.

Indeed. I usually have some sympathy with this perspective without exactly subscribing to it wholesale. But here it is absolutely writ large, and very close to home. Quite alarming to see those reserves now being reycled into British productive assets. These are the spoils of modern mercantilism and empire.

If i was headmaster, all the kids at my school would be sat cross legged watching Max in assembly every other morning.

I wouldn't last would i??

Not hard to renationalise a water company, or use the regulator to make it impossible to make a profit from water.

What would the Chinese do in retaliation? Invade? Cut off the flatscreen TV supply? Good luck with that.

Honestly, China's current policy of buying up assets in indebted Western nations looks pretty foolish. When those countries inevitably default, they will default on foreigners first.

That worked with EOn/Powergen didn't it?

Its the natural conclusion of fairly obvious policy objectives:

1) Create enormous semi-slave labour market

2) Devalue currency

3) Lend Johnny money

4) Flog tat to johnny to buy with lent money

5) Build massive foreign reserves

6) Buy Johnny's country

We had a choice.

We chose to buy the tat and ramp up the price of pre-exisiting assets.

All essentially to avoid a 2001/2002 recession.

Time to eat the sh1t pie.

We still have a choice - default.

We still have a choice - default.

At what cost? War?

A billion angry Chinese people do not make for happy global neighbours.

We bought the stuff, seems a bit crappy not to want to pay for it.

At what cost? War?

People default on credit all the time. We have bankruptcy laws for it, rather than sending people to debtors prisons. The simple fact is - if you want to be paid back, don't lend to poor credit risks.

Not only did China get us to spend much of our savings, they also loaned us more to spend. Where else did they think this would end up? How on earth could they have considered us a good credit risk if the only money we had to spend, was money loaned to us by them? It's was a pretty dumb investment, IMO.

Besides, they have been promised a load of paper. We can give them a load of that, fresh from the printer, which is (of course), exactly what we're doing. A default via the printer.

They were daft to base their entire economy on lending people money, to buy their cheap goods. It was always going to hit a brick wall when the money ran out. We've been left with lots of cheap stuff that we didn't really want or need and they have been left with a load of broken paper promises. Bravo China, bravo!

EDIT: P.S. Like the Greeks, were the public really complicit with all the borrowing or were the governments negligent, if not fraudulent? I didn't vote for this deficit or the banking bailouts, did you?

Edited by Traktion

At what cost? War?

B0llocks to them.

China, the international equivalent of the Sub Prime lender.

but they could just keep on buying raw material and destory the west with that.

B0llocks to them.

China, the international equivalent of the Sub Prime lender.

UK, the international equivalent of the MEWing, Credit card loading, Serial IVA'ing scumbag.

Water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

---

Water Utility companies are the ultimate asset to own. Local monopoly, essential commodity, resource is recycled (unlike oil which is finite). Water meters nationally are being rolled out, so costs for the consumers are only ever going to increase.

Keep your eyes on PNN, SVT, UU.

UU. is at horribly depressed prices for nearly two decades.

Water water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.

---

Water Utility companies are the ultimate asset to own. Local monopoly, essential commodity, resource is recycled (unlike oil which is finite). Water meters nationally are being rolled out, so costs for the consumers are only ever going to increase.

Keep your eyes on PNN, SVT, UU.

UU. is at horribly depressed prices for nearly two decades.

You can't lose until the Revolution.

Mark you I don't see why the Chinese company owning a UK water utility is that different from the French, Australian and other foreign corporations that have done the same. It is not a business that you can pick up and offshore. The assets and the customer base by their very nature are largely stuck in the UK.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

trust me,not happening.

the politicians have been rumbled.

no more for sale...especially not food,water,shelter and energy.

stick to ipads.

we could at a stertch donate our politicians organs for transplant,if they are still deemed useable(debateable)

So, would you lend the UK money? :)

I might if I wanted to build an economic and capital base at lightning speed, develop a trading empire and buy the ground from under your feet.