House Price Crash Forum

Fat Chav Tax?

ken_ichikawa

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/articles.aspx?page=articles&ID=219068

Hungary ( :) ) is introducing a fat tax.

Since the UK has an obesity problem* looks like the UK will follow suit, should resolve the budget issue rather quickly and is another form of taxy taxy which is of course deflationary.

We'd be rich !!!!

There's a lot of fat people about these days. Maybe we can send them all to Poland to be plumbers.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Rabbit starvation?

Importance for living organisms

Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble, meaning they can only be digested, absorbed, and transported in conjunction with fats. Fats are also sources of essential fatty acids, an important dietary requirement.

Fats play a vital role in maintaining healthy skin and hair, insulating body organs against shock, maintaining body temperature, and promoting healthy cell function.

Fats also serve as energy stores for the body, containing about 37.8 kilojoules (9 calories) per gram of fat.[3] They are broken down in the body to release glycerol and free fatty acids. The glycerol can be converted to glucose by the liver and thus used as a source of energy.

Fat also serves as a useful buffer towards a host of diseases. When a particular substance, whether chemical or biotic—reaches unsafe levels in the bloodstream, the body can effectively dilute—or at least maintain equilibrium of—the offending substances by storing it in new fat tissue. This helps to protect vital organs, until such time as the offending substances can be metabolized and/or removed from the body by such means as excretion, urination, accidental or intentional bloodletting, sebum excretion, and hair growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat

HOLA447
HOLA448

Just scrap the NHS and make people pay their own medical expenses.

Chubbies may think twice before eating that second helping if they have to cough up for the diabetes medication instead of the taxpayer.

HOLA449

Just scrap the NHS and make people pay their own medical expenses.

Chubbies may think twice before eating that second helping if they have to cough up for the diabetes medication instead of the taxpayer.

+1

HOLA4410

Good idea for fatties, but not great if you're munched by a car and get left with a six figure bill for your rehab.

Just stop gastric banding. Let them diet or die. That'd soon learn them. I'm serious too.

You could get insurance which would cover that too.

HOLA4411

Good idea for fatties, but not great if you're munched by a car and get left with a six figure bill for your rehab.

Just stop gastric banding. Let them diet or die. That'd soon learn them. I'm serious too.

Yes, something on the news this morning about some fat slob taking the local health authority to court because they would not pay for his de fattening surgery. Wasn't paying too much attention but his argument seemed to be something to do with the detrimental effect that his fatness was having on his family.

HOLA4412

Yes, something on the news this morning about some fat slob taking the local health authority to court because they would not pay for his de fattening surgery. Wasn't paying too much attention but his argument seemed to be something to do with the detrimental effect that his fatness was having on his family.

Yup, he also said that the cause was his diabetes and not to do with over eating. If this was the case, why would he need a gastric band (to stop eating)?! :blink:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

What right do they have to stop me eating burgers and chocolate?

it'd seem strange to ban mince tbh.

re the scrap nhs and have insurance, do you really think you'd save any money that way?

really, think about it, do you think tptb will let you off paying less than what you do now?

HOLA4418

it'd seem strange to ban mince tbh.

re the scrap nhs and have insurance, do you really think you'd save any money that way?

really, think about it, do you think tptb will let you off paying less than what you do now?

As I don't plan on stuffing my face to death, I could leave the 'gastric band operation insurance' option unchecked.

We don't complain about the insurance industry for car, house, life, pet, travel etc. being TPTB that are out to get us. Why should it be the case with health?

People don't have to pay for any health insurance. I would think most would want at least basic cover for emergencies, mind. In short, you would be able to tailor how much cover you wanted and for how long (EDIT: to be clear, some may want life cover). If you keep relatively healthy, don't smoke/drink/eat/drug yourself to death, then the cover should be relatively low.

The main caveat, is if you're born with an illness. I would hope these people would be supported by charities donating towards health insurance for these individuals, as it would likely be costly too. IMO, you shouldn't really force people to pay to help these people though; it's down to the individual to dig deep and they would have a cold heart to give nothing, but it should be their choice regardless.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

yes we do :lol:

Well, we do complain, but I don't think we worry about TPTB screwing us over! ;)

TBH, I don't think what I pay to insure my car is unreasonable, all things considered. Arguably, we shouldn't be forced to have any, with people who choose to running the risk of having to pay whether it was their fault or not too. That's a whole other debate though! :)

HOLA4421

Car insurance is mandatory unless you have enough money to self indemnify, the others are financial innovations which have pushed up the costs of treatments since the insurance has became popular, the most obvious being pet insurance! Since pet insurance became popular the cost of treatments and vists to the vet have gone up enourmously so much so, some veterinary practices are now owned via shell companies by insurance companies.

Those vet practices are little more than drug outlets and some of the stories I've heard are from some people who have stopped visiting one practice becuase some of the vets there were prescibing things without even an examination!

While my old dog was ill on and off and I was practically living at the vet's, our vet used to sound off about the vet chains wanting to buy him out. He went on and on about how the loathsome 'suits' would refer to anyone coming through the door with their animal as a 'unit' and would nag and bully the vets to flog as many products as possible to each 'unit'.

A year or so later, he sold out to a chain. :(

At one point he had half-heartedly tried to sell me diet cat food (our cat was on the portly side) but I said that with people starving all over the world I thought it obscene to buy expensive diet cat food. And in any case what was the point, when he'd only go to various neighbours, put on his pathetic little 'orphan kitten' mew (fantastically effective) , and have them feeding him titbits in no time.

And he agreed with me that unless you lock them in, it's pretty useless trying to put any cat on a strict diet.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Archived