House Price Crash Forum

How Much Is You Annual Spend On Gas?

HOLA441
HOLA442

50 quid a month (600 quid a year) ish, went upto 80 quid a month then dropped down to 30 quid a month... really confuses me how they struggle to get an accurate estimate of usage, and suggest wild random adjustments in the DD... 4 bedroom modern townhouse

HOLA443

50 quid a month (600 quid a year) ish, went upto 80 quid a month then dropped down to 30 quid a month... really confuses me how they struggle to get an accurate estimate of usage, and suggest wild random adjustments in the DD... 4 bedroom modern townhouse

Mine is £600 pound a year as well, for a 3 bed detached. Quite surprising really I spend more on gas than I spend on fuel for the car. But yet I think more about the cost of the car.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

If the average is +£1,000, then why have you only got one 'bin' for this, and four bins for the sub-1,000? surely you'd need to have a similar number above and below the mean to make it look at all representative and show a decent distribution? After all, one person spending £3k per year would cancel out an awful lot of £400 per year scores.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Two-bed mainsonette with gas heating and hob, warmth helped by having a flat underneath, probably 500 quid in the last year. Have just dumped British Gas for Co-op Energy. Nearly stung last year by an estimated bill for about five times the usual quarterly amount, would have caused current account problems if we had been on direct debit.

HOLA4410

We just fall into the £400 to £600 range, a mild winter and we're in the £200 to £400 band.

3 bed detached. Gas central heating & fire, gas for cooking. House is well insulated plus we're very careful with the heating. Probably 75% of gas consumption in Dec, Jan & Feb.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412