House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBdamo

One For The Bikers

:o

These things make me pucker! I'm never sure whether these guys (Ghost rider, the Paris peripherique video etc) have balls of steel, or are just thick!

:o

just one car changing lanes to an organ donor if there was anything left, the last time i rode like that was being chased by the old bill 30 yrs ago ...could not do it now ...not enough bottle , funney how kids , missus changes you ,also to much traffic now . fair play seemed quite compidant ;)

just one car changing lanes to an organ donor if there was anything left, the last time i rode like that was being chased by the old bill 30 yrs ago ...could not do it now ...not enough bottle , funney how kids , missus changes you ,also to much traffic now . fair play seemed quite compidant ;)

by the way was that music or his heart beat ? :lol:

Sorry, I don't have any respect for most motorcyclists.

They're just a f***ing menace on the roads.

As are most drivers, and I'm not sorry at all :P

Don't worry, c0cks like you probably don't notice them. :P

You're right, I shouldn't have said sorry ;)

I'm always right (except when I'm wrong). The fact is, most bikers have a lot more road sense and observation than the average car drivers. The op's video was made by an idiot, no defence for it, but he didn't crash. Why do you think that was?

Well, I know what I see on the roads. Whether motorcyclists have to be more vigilant or not doesn't change the fact they're mostly a speeding bunch of selfish mofos :)

The usual story is a biker will whizz past you at 90mph, and shake his head because you narrowly missed hitting him.

Of course what he conveniently ignores is that you were indicating to move out and doing so slowly & following the rules of the road. What you didn't expect was some nutter on a bike doing 90 and not slowing down.

Motorcycles are hard enough to see at the best of times. But what really makes them dangerous is their reckless speed and acceleration.

Give a car driver time to spot you and he'll make allowances for you. I always make space to let a bike pass me on the road. But what I hate are the bikers going at the speed of light and then shaking their head in disgust because some driver didn't see them quickly enough! :lol:

Well, I know what I see on the roads. Whether motorcyclists have to be more vigilant or not doesn't change the fact they're mostly a speeding bunch of selfish mofos :)

The usual story is a biker will whizz past you at 90mph, and shake his head because you narrowly missed hitting him.

Of course what he conveniently ignores is that you were indicating to move out and doing so slowly & following the rules of the road. What you didn't expect was some nutter on a bike doing 90 and not slowing down.

Motorcycles are hard enough to see at the best of times. But what really makes them dangerous is their reckless speed and acceleration.

Give a car driver time to spot you and he'll make allowances for you. I always make space to let a bike pass me on the road. But what I hate are the bikers going at the speed of light and then shaking their head in disgust because some driver didn't see them quickly enough! :lol:

fair comment ! :)

Darkman is right.

I ride a bike when the sun is out and drive a car at all other times.

Many moons ago when a Barbour jacket or a wafer thin Lewis Leather was the ultimate in motorcycle clothing bikes were considerably slower.

Nowadays bikes are as fast as Formula 1 cars. There is compulsory training, comprehensive testing and very expensive "body armour" clothing.

Yet...drive around on any sunny Sunday and the loony bikers are out there in droves.

Do they really think all that Kevlar protection and £400 crash helmet is going to save them in a head on crash?

I love bikes, always have done, always will do. I just despair when I hear of so many needless accidents and deaths. :(

Do they really think all that Kevlar protection and £400 crash helmet is going to save them in a head on crash?

I love bikes, always have done, always will do. I just despair when I hear of so many needless accidents and deaths. :(

Risk compensation I'm afraid.

The best protection is luck, seriously. I have survived a number of 100mph crashes unscathed. Some of my mates crashed at <30mph and cost 100K in NHS treatments. And many who have died.

There are two other things as well, if you go right on balls deep, your chances of being killed are higher, which is better than surviving but being crippled.

Thrill factor, I suffer from this myself as bike performance and stability increases and skill increases you need to up the thrill to get the same Buzz. The CBR954 on bikes were so good handling and performance wise they were unexciting sub 140mph. While my beefed up CBR600F is downgeared to hell and has a funny rake which means it is like riding a mechanical bull sometimes.

Darkman is right.

I ride a bike when the sun is out and drive a car at all other times.

Many moons ago when a Barbour jacket or a wafer thin Lewis Leather was the ultimate in motorcycle clothing bikes were considerably slower.

Nowadays bikes are as fast as Formula 1 cars. There is compulsory training, comprehensive testing and very expensive "body armour" clothing.

Yet...drive around on any sunny Sunday and the loony bikers are out there in droves.

I have similar habits to you. I ride the same bike and I share your views on the nutters you see around on bikes these days. One thing that surprises me is that they are often people of mature years. I suppose some people are just incapable of learning.

The reason is the cost. For a relatively small amount of money any Joe can buy a bike that has performance not hugely different to the bikes you see flying around the Moto GP.

To get similar performance to a Formula 1 car you will be looking at hundreds of thousands.

People are the problem. The older I get the more I think that people are generally - just complete idiots.

The reason is the cost. For a relatively small amount of money any Joe can buy a bike that has performance not hugely different to the bikes you see flying around the Moto GP.

To get similar performance to a Formula 1 car you will be looking at hundreds of thousands.

People are the problem. The older I get the more I think that people are generally - just complete idiots.

Motorbiking is a self cleaning gene pool however. Cars aren't you can drive like a nut in a car and survive some pretty nasty smashes unscathed. They should replace airbags with a spike.

Motorbiking is a self cleaning gene pool however. Cars aren't you can drive like a nut in a car and survive some pretty nasty smashes unscathed. They should replace airbags with a spike.

Sounds a little extreme. :D

....and remove the drivers side seat belt.

I have similar habits to you. I ride the same bike and I share your views on the nutters you see around on bikes these days. One thing that surprises me is that they are often people of mature years. I suppose some people are just incapable of learning.

Born again bikers?

I've been riding bikes since I was a kid, and I'm knocking on the door of 50 now. Me and the Blackbird still regularly get into triple figures (not on public highways officer!), but admittedly, the footrest hero blobs don't get scraped much nowadays. Why? Because I'm not as sharp as I used to be.

The point is, I learned. Not being able to learn, and riding a bike long term, are mutually exclusive. You should know this, you learn or you get hurt/die. Ken's right.

Born again bikers?

I've been riding bikes since I was a kid, and I'm knocking on the door of 50 now. Me and the Blackbird still regularly get into triple figures (not on public highways officer!), but admittedly, the footrest hero blobs don't get scraped much nowadays. Why? Because I'm not as sharp as I used to be.

betcha had a fizzy right? And the test was three times round the block with the examiner jumping out in front of you :lol:

betcha had a fizzy right? And the test was three times round the block with the examiner jumping out in front of you :lol:

I've ridden a fizzy in my time, but passed me test on a TS185. Those were the days! Picked up a dirt cheap Elsie 250 when the 125 law came in, never looked back from then. Apart from the 'lifesaver' of course :D

It's unbelievable now, but the test was just that. A quick eye-sight test, hop on the bike and 3 times round the block. The examiners even gave you plenty of notice before the emergency stop. Let's face it, he wouldn't have lasted a week if he didn't!

I read about the new stepped licence, and age restrictions, and I despair. Who's gonna follow us? The little feck-wits I see racing across the park on stolen trailies?

I read about the new stepped licence, and age restrictions, and I despair. Who's gonna follow us? The little feck-wits I see racing across the park on stolen trailies?

Its intentional tbh as bikers are mostly hated.

If you think biking rules are strict you should look up BPA rules for skydiving. It is now so expensive and complicated to get qualified to jump with others 98.7% of skydivers quit before 100 jumps. Its why the BPA membership has never gone above 4800 for decades. Its odd because you jump in Spain and even though you're a rookie you are considered to be an equal. Here they look down their noses at you.

I've ridden a fizzy in my time, but passed me test on a TS185. Those were the days! Picked up a dirt cheap Elsie 250 when the 125 law came in, never looked back from then. Apart from the 'lifesaver' of course :D

It's unbelievable now, but the test was just that. A quick eye-sight test, hop on the bike and 3 times round the block. The examiners even gave you plenty of notice before the emergency stop. Let's face it, he wouldn't have lasted a week if he didn't!

I'm a bit older than you and did my three times round the block on a Triumph Tiger Cub. The last government did everything they could to destroy biking and the present lot have yet to undo any of their work. Does MAG still exist? Perhaps I should re-join.

I'm a bit older than you and did my three times round the block on a Triumph Tiger Cub. The last government did everything they could to destroy biking and the present lot have yet to undo any of their work. Does MAG still exist? Perhaps I should re-join.

Yes it does, it is currently fighting a European law comming in soon which says:

Linked brakes

ABS

Hi Viz vests

Onboard diagnosis computers

Daytime running lights

One piece sealed airboxes

Tyre size limits (you can only use ONE)

I.e. everything BMW wants, but will fail miserably.