House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

Pastor Thanks Person Who Grassed Him Up...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-13919310

Interesting to see if he gets preferential treatment... I might use that excuse if I decide to build a house without PP..."god told me to do it"...

A Christian minister who built a church in Devon without planning permission said he was glad someone reported him to the local council.

Pastor Paul Knights built Mount Olive Ministries church next to his Christmas tree plantation outside Torquay more than a decade ago.

The church attracts about 50 worshippers a week.

Teignbridge District Council planning officers are due to make a decision about the building shortly.

Pastor Knights said God had told him to build the church.

He told BBC Spotlight: "The Lord confirmed that he wanted the building built so we started building.

"I just felt that I needed to build and cross that bridge when it came.

"Somebody reported us, well I just want to say 'thank you' to that person.

"It's time to come out of the cave and if the Lord has used that person to report me then I say 'praise the Lord'."

Teignbridge District Council said if a building had been in place for four years or more a developer could apply for a Certificate of Lawfulness to stay there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-13919310

Interesting to see if he gets preferential treatment... I might use that excuse if I decide to build a house without PP..."god told me to do it"...

Just say your are a "traveller" that way youre allowed to build pretty much what you want where you want. It will be at least a decade before any action gets taken and then you just claim racial discrimination and get it indefinitely delayed.

He'll be ok, the planning dept wont lie down for christians like they do others but religious builds get rubber stamped regardless of any objection so as not to offend any sensibilities.

Look at this gold domed monstrosity that they threw up in Reading which everyone objected to http://abmreading.org/?p=385