House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the don

Economics Of 2br Flats

on my road in chester, morris homes bought 2 bungalows on large plots fro redevelopment .

not yet found out what they paid from nethouse prices, but the bungalows would normally have sold for £350k each. assuming that they went for £500k each because of the redevelopment potential, that makes an invetmentof £1.0m in theland.

i assume that planning etc costs would be £25,000 max.

morris home have built 2 blocks of a total of 15 2BR apartments.

i estimate the costruction costs will be £750k absolute max.

so the investment, apart from marketing and overhead costs is c £1.775 million. (£118k/flat)

thye asking prices for the flats is £250k-£280k.

if they get an average of £225k then the gross sales value will be £3.375m.

that makes a gross profit of £1.6m or 47% return on sales.!!

pretty good going.

the only problem i see is that in this area for even £225k you can buy an estate 3 bed deatched.

look at it another way.

for these prices you can buy reasonable 2BR flats in central london.

anyone that pays this money must be insane.

The same thing has happened near to where I live, two bungalows demolished to make way for 2 bed flats.

I was hoping to get a life Don, now I've got to keep an eye on this and report back. Thanks mate :P

This is good!!

Brownfield re-development will save some of the greenbelt, what is wrong with that?

It also quickly and easily increases the supply side of housing, which economically will reduce prices.

I have said before the word 'Flat' will be very dirty soon as people (BTLers) get burned by flooded a market.

This is good!!

Brownfield re-development will save some of the greenbelt, what is wrong with that?

It also quickly and easily increases the supply side of housing, which economically will reduce prices.

I have said before the word 'Flat' will be very dirty soon as people (BTLers) get burned by flooded a market.

Price of a FLAT will be FLAT

:D