House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Trichet Admits To Being On Acieed

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/07/09/uk-trichet-idUKTRE7680WQ20110709

ECB president Jean-Claude Trichet said on Saturday the euro zone had governance issues, but was still in a better situation than elsewhere in the world.

Speaking at a conference in southern France, Trichet added that the euro zone was not alone in having problems, but that the world's biggest countries without exception had "extremely serious problems."

"The euro zone in general is in a little bit better situation, but it has governance problems," he said.

Well he's clearly on something.

For all the Euro zones problems, sterling has fallen against the Euro, and so has the dollar. Inflation is lower in the euro zone, and the ECB has recently put rates up. So maybe Trichet's statement that they have problems but not too big, is quite correct.

I'm not standing for any Trichet bashing after that rate rise. In fact, Hurrah for Trichet! :lol::lol:

2) Are you paid too spam this site?

Sentiment, hype and spin from The Powers That Be and the Mainstream Media are major drivers of the mess we are in.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of InterestRateRipoff's tongue-in-cheek posting style on serious subjects and haven't seen any I would consider spam.

As seen on another, older thread, I'm a big fan of his taste in music too (and penny hunting habits - put £2 in the bank today - IRR would have been proud).

Edited by rantnrave

Sentiment, hype and spin from The Powers That Be and the Mainstream Media are major drivers of the mess we are in.

FWIW, I'm a big fan of InterestRateRipoff's tongue-in-cehek posting style on serious subjects and haven't seen any I would consider spam.

As seen on another, older thread, I'm a big fan of his taste in music too (and penny hunting habits - put £2 in the bank today - IRR would have been proud).

Get a room! :lol::lol:

Get a room! :lol::lol:

Funnily enough, this week the regulars over on EAToday were suggesting two of us HPC posters over there get a mortgage together. Not sure what Mrs. Rave would have to say... :unsure:

Edited by rantnrave

Funnily enough, this week the regulars over on EAToday were suggesting two of us HPC posters over there get a mortgage together. Not sure what Mrs. Rave would have to say... :unsure:

Estate agent baiting. Did you ask how the market having stalled affects their monthly take home pay? And then suggest they could benefit from cohabitation? :lol::lol:

Estate agent baiting. Did you ask how the market having stalled affects their monthly take home pay? And then suggest they could benefit from cohabitation? :lol::lol:

None of them seem fazed by high house prices, which is odd because presumably they need somewhere to live, they're not on great money and business isn't great.

So tell us the truth?

1) Do you really care about Trichet?

2) Are you paid too spam this site?

If only, I'd probably be able to retire by now. Although I prefer some nice thick cut breaded ham to spam with some nice mustard on in some freshly cooked bread.

Trichet is another central bank muppet who's about to be replaced by another muppet.

Did you get any funny looks from the cashier? Sometimes they can be really annoyed about you giving them money, it's almost as if banks don't want you to give them it. There's no one in the bank I'm giving them something to do counting all those 1p and 2p.

Got a stroppy one the other day who won't accept the crushed 1p I'd found.