House Price Crash Forum

Gordon Brown has this week made a play for the PM’s job. He may have done this as some sort of public request to the PM to set some sort of date on when he is stepping down. A last ditched attempt it seems as an agenda obviously could not be hammered out in private. This date, had it emerged would have been something to play for. Unfortunately this attempt was grossly miscalculated.

This brings me to two questions and I would really value your answers;

1) Has Brown made this attempt at theoretically entering number 10 because he knows the economy is going to tank and take his reputation down with it?

2) What would you do if you were Brown now?

Guest Bart of Darkness

What would you do if you were Brown now?

Immediate resignation and suicide would do the trick!

I really hope Tony hangs on long enough, for the coming recession to become general knowledge. and do Gordons reputation irrepairable damage.

Geoff Hoon has said he hopes Gordon Brown will be elected Labour leader without opposition when Prime Minister Tony Blair stands down.

[/url]

LOL I bet someone stands against him and wins. :)

What an a*se kisser. Geoff Hoon also said British troops would have all required equipment like advanced technologies such as new boots and flak jackets.

I really don't know who would be better, GB or TB as PM.

If I were GB I would retire...

What should he do? Stand on as Chancellor to take the wrath of his actions!

I really hope Tony hangs on long enough, for the coming recession to become general knowledge. and do Gordons reputation irrepairable damage.

I don't know if Gordon had actually wanted to keep Tony away from "his" economy over the present labour government..

Or if Tony has made that appear the case over the past few years to suit his purposes..

Whatever the reason.. Gordon has been blown up to be the Labour favourite... with his magical economy..

all done to him.. all of it.

Now. anyone can see that the economic miracle was based on debt, failing GDP, massive inflation of taxes and house prices.. hugely increasing the public sector job arena.. to hide the unemployment of failing true industries...

Its been obvious to all for years..

Tony knew it.. Why would he want Gordon to shoulder the whole economy...?

Because.. he is his mate?

or Tony needed a Patsy..?

Edited by apom

Guest Charlie The Tramp

1. Yes

2. Wished I had.

Brown may quit Britain for top job at IMF

Move would bring end to No 10 ambitions

Larry Elliott and Charlotte Denny

Friday March 5, 2004

The Guardian

Gordon Brown was last night being lined up in Washington as a possible new head of the International Monetary Fund in a move which would end the longest chancellorship in Labour's history and force him to give up hope of becoming prime minister.

IMF sources confirmed last night that Mr Brown was one of the top candidates to succeed Horst Köhler after the fund's managing director resigned with immediate effect yesterday so that he can seek the German presidency in May.

I wouldn't set much store on Hoon's opinion. I know someone who trained in law with Hoon. He said he was one of the most dense people he ever met. No common sense and no ability for original or independent thought. Yep rings true doesn't it.

I wouldn't set much store on Hoon's opinion. I know someone who trained in law with Hoon. He said he was one of the most dense people he ever met.

Somehow I don't think this can be considered secret and exclusive insider knowledge :lol:

So we have party stooges man handling an OAP who fled the Nazi's and now we could have a PM that nobody has really voted for or stood any sort of election because, "He's the man". Will be a shame if nobody stands against Brown, but demonstrates the governments view on having any oppostion.

:huh:

I think Brown may actually step down, for a while only. Since he has been talking about going around the country I think he may do just that. Meet the people of the land,on a fact finding mission so to speak.Meeting all sorts from our society in high profile events while he remains the PM in waiting just long enough to get one of his boys like Ed Balls to take the flak at the Treasury.Also I'm feeling that Blair actually dislikes the man and would like to keep him exactly where he has him at the moment.

I think Brown may actually step down, for a while only. Since he has been talking about going around the country I think he may do just that. Meet the people of the land,on a fact finding mission so to speak.Meeting all sorts from our society in high profile events while he remains the PM in waiting just long enough to get one of his boys like Ed Balls to take the flak at the Treasury.Also I'm feeling that Blair actually dislikes the man and would like to keep him exactly where he has him at the moment.

I'm a Scot and to the extent that I am economically dry and socially wet I suppose I'm New Labour. I should like Brown. But Brown's bananas. The OPEC stuff the other week was the final confirmation and he can never be a credible PM.

Blair will be wanting to hang around long enough for the economy to go tits up.

I'm a Scot and to the extent that I am economically dry and socially wet I suppose I'm New Labour. I should like Brown. But Brown's bananas. The OPEC stuff the other week was the final confirmation and he can never be a credible PM.

I would like to see the delicious irony of a Scottish PM passing laws on hospitals, schools, planning, transport etc that don't apply to his own constituency, though I'm sure this novelty would soon wear off :huh:

John Reid will be the next Labour Prime Minister !

:ph34r:

Born in Scotland in May 1947, John Reid went to school at Coatbridge. He read History at Stirling University, staying to take a Doctorate in Economic History.

He worked as a research officer for the Labour Party from 1979 to 1983. He acted as political adviser to Neil Kinnock from 1983 to 1985 and organised Scottish Trade Unionists for Labour from 1986 to 1987.

He has held the following posts in Parliament: Opposition Spokesman on Children; Opposition Spokesman on Defence; Minister of State for Defence; Minister for Transport; Secretary of State for Scotland; Secretary of State for Northern Ireland; Minister without Portfolio and Party Chair; Leader of the House of Commons and President of the Council.

Following a spell at the Department of Health, he took over as Secretary of State for Defence in May 2005.

John Reid enjoys reading history and solving crosswords in his spare time. He is married to Ms Carine Adler.

The sooner this thugs history the better, if my memory serves me well, didn't they have to alter the rules of "disclosuer" to stop this tosser getting into trouble ?

Ah yes heres evidence of the bent b******ds exploits http://*******.com/d7qfh

Edited by Charlie The Tramp