• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Why did he hand it over to Gordon then? If he didn't want the job he could have called an election.

He knew exactly what Gordon Brown was and he still handed over the country to him.

Maybe because he knew where things were heading....gordon was the fall guy with a big ego and a craving for power, who only intensified the existing problems by turning a blind eye to reality and spending money he didn't have to create the good feeling of a false growth. ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
<br /><a href='http://www.guardian....ur-gordon-brown</a><br /><br /><br />I thought it died before then but who knows?<br />

I remain unremittingly an advocate of

third-way, centre-ground, >>> "Jake the peg!"

progressive politics that came to be called New Labour.

HOLA448

Why did he hand it over to Gordon then? If he didn't want the job he could have called an election.

He knew exactly what Gordon Brown was and he still handed over the country to him.

New Labour was Blair's personal vehicle to becoming rich and satisfying his delusions of grandeur, he got out before the wheels came off in time for some UN job and bank consulting. He never cared less about the country.

HOLA449

He argued that Labour should make the economy its priority. "I still think we need to focus a lot on the micro side: targeted policies that support business, jobs, that allow that large amount of cumulative reserves in business to be invested and that also gives us an opportunity to regain, which I think is very important to us, our relationship with business."

Ah, nothing like a bit of corporatism to feed the rich, at the expense of the poor!

HOLA4410

and

Sometimes it will be less left v right than right v wrong. Above all today, efficacy – effective delivery, motivated of course by values – matters as much if not more than ideology. Don't fear it. Embrace it. It liberates us to get the correct policy."

Eh? This is what he really thinks is it?

Have you seen the state your effective delivery and correct policy left this country in? Tony, you destroyed Britain for ordinary people. You lied about a war. You sold everything to the bankers and ran off with JP Morgan. You allowed an out of control asset bubble to wreak havoc for anyone unfortunate enough to be 'not rich'. You inflicted Mandelson on us. You lied, lied, lied, lied, lied Then walked and left the blame for the idiot who was greedy enough to take it.

And milions despise you.

F**k OFF.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

...Nulabour was a dead horse when elected....Gordon Brown handed a surplus immediately laid plans to reverse it, set up the FSA, sold the gold, trashed pensions, caused the bubble to create the crash, threw out every moral compass and Blair has the cheek to suggest Nulabour were successful under him ...what a joke....he was only re elected because Rupert Murdoch backed him...that says it all...another in denial like Brown rewriting history in their foolish and twisted minds..... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4415

I could never understand why so many people voted for them in 1997, they were so obviously telling a pack of lies.

"Watch my lips, no tax increases" said Blair. I was screaming at the TV "Ask him about National Insurance", but no one did :(.

My opinion of them hasn't changed one iota, scum in 1997, scum now and Blair was the worst of the lot because he was electable.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

To be honest, the only words i'm interested in hearing fromthat mendacious, money grabbing, war-mongering **** are "Please - I don't want to die", just before the chair is kicked away to the cheers of the gathered throng of spectators. Anything else is just noise.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Lets not forget the self aggrandising bullyboy Alistair Campbell:

Letter sent to Alistair Campbell from Economist Fred Harrison [1997]

4th November 1997

10 Downing Street.

Alistair,

..........New Labour did not choose to respond to my invitation to assist in developing a new fiscal strategy.......

The Result however is an economic strategy that will fail, there will be a housing boom and bust in this parliament, and an even greater one in the next parliament.......

Yours Sincerely,

Fred Harrison

Alistair Campbell's Response:

"Dear Fred, I am a little bemused as to why you believe this country's economic policy is 'a shambles'."

"It may appear that what goes on is happenstance, but the government most surely has planned it." - Franklin Roosevelt
Edited by Dan1

HOLA4421

He knew he was handing over a bankrupt country heading for a crash in 2007 - of course his successor made the situation much worse afterwards.

Blair leaves as PM June 27 2007.

The Northern Rock crisis and the affect of the credit crunch on the UK become very clear September 2007.

Less than 2 months afterwards. Such timing.

HOLA4422

He knew he was handing over a bankrupt country heading for a crash in 2007 - of course his successor made the situation much worse afterwards.

Blair leaves as PM June 27 2007.

The Northern Rock crisis and the affect of the credit crunch on the UK become very clear September 2007.

Less than 2 months afterwards. Such timing.

yep thats about it,the US housing market (the driver of the entire global boom) was well in the sh!t by then and had been for a year, anyone with an eye on the ball or sound advisers should have made a swift exit left out of assets and govt by then (they could have avoided all those nasty repurcussions that bear markets and negative social mood changes that come with it bring, such as institutionalised expenses scandals). Fortunately he had a loon busy doing the rounds in the city talking up the new golden age of Banking to hand over to

Basically New Labour died when the "free munny" ran out Quelle Suprise the same as any other party in power would have

Edited by georgia o'keeffe

HOLA4423

I think Blair was very clever to get out right at the very top of the cycle before most had realised the systemic problems that had been created. The timing was impeccable. Frankly, a lot of things started going majorly wrong almost immediately afterwards - and Gordon, the PM, hardly had the time to make any kind of difference.

Gordon, the chancellor, however was completely complicit - and in a way it's fitting and appropriate that he was left to carry the can as PM.

As far as I can tell - the New Labour project seemed to be largely a continuation of Thatcherite policies of the 80s with the odd bit of window dressing. They did have huge amounts of goodwill - which was utterly squandered during the Iraq war. It's interesting to wonder what would have happened if the Iraq war hadn't come along.

HOLA4424

I think Blair was very clever to get out right at the very top of the cycle before most had realised the systemic problems that had been created. The timing was impeccable. Frankly, a lot of things started going majorly wrong almost immediately afterwards - and Gordon, the PM, hardly had the time to make any kind of difference.

Gordon, the chancellor, however was completely complicit - and in a way it's fitting and appropriate that he was left to carry the can as PM.

As far as I can tell - the New Labour project seemed to be largely a continuation of Thatcherite policies of the 80s with the odd bit of window dressing. They did have huge amounts of goodwill - which was utterly squandered during the Iraq war. It's interesting to wonder what would have happened if the Iraq war hadn't come along.

Now that would be a very interesting hypothesis...

HOLA4425

Blair should be in the Hague charged with war crimes.

Brown should be in The Tower of London facing treason charges.

In many years to come, when the real truth starts to emerge of the Iraq War and the financial crisis,

history will put these two disgraceful Prime Ministers in the Hall of Shame.

Blair struts the World stage as some sort of Messiah. Idiot businessmen pay vast amounts of money to attend his lectures and listen to his garbage.

Why? Why indeed? He has found religion, he will sort out the Middle East, he knows bloxdy everything. In reality he is a fake,

a snake oil salesman, a proven compulsive liar, just like Brown. Blair is welcome to his life. Never allowed to walk the streets freely.

Constant armed guards. Despised in the UK. Married to a money grabbing slag of a wife.

Seriously, would anyone of you out there want his life? Imagine it...

Not being able to pop down the shops, drive your own car, go out for the day, without forward planning and constantly being on your guard.

Well he wanted that life and now he's got it.

I never want to hear again his sanctimonious preaching or see his ridiculous wife bleating about human rights.

As for Brown, he can just fxck off and die. :angry: