House Price Crash Forum
leicestersq

We Must Aid Euro Victims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nick-clegg/8624591/Nick-Clegg-we-must-aid-Greek-debt-crisis-euro-victims.html

What is this guy on? He wants to take even more money from our taxpayers to help kick the can of insolvency down the road a little more, to keep going a system that is threatening to bankrupt us all, and was formed and run by people who have nowt to do with us.

Even the Germans are starting to realise that the only solution involves default, going back to sovereign currencies, and waving bad money goodbye, rather than sending good money after it.

Nick Clegg on the other hand, wants to intervene to save the unsaveable. With your money.

Or am I doing him an inustice? Is it a plan to speed up the arrival of our own default, heralding a crisis where we can shed unpayable obligations of our own?

Or am I doing him an inustice? Is it a plan to speed up the arrival of our own default, heralding a crisis where we can shed unpayable obligations of our own?

Probably*

*in the sense that Camer-Uturn and Millibaby will be saying exactly the same thing, so no reason to single him out.

He will add: “We may have different coins in our pockets, but our fates are intertwined. Events both inside and outside of the eurozone have demonstrated the irrefutable need for all European states to pursue deep-seated economic reform, individually, and together, because without it there will be no lasting success, no matter what happens to monetary union.”

Pure drivel.

Piggies are only up to their eyes in debt 'cause they're been in a union with Germany and borrowing at German rates whilst Germany uses them to recycle German savings.

Illustrates just how stupid Clegg is. The man who would have taken us into the Euro the minute he got into power.

Greece's best hope is joining the British Pound. :D

It is high time this clown was shown the door!! Who actually voted for these idiots anyway?

Just what the Eurozone needs, some more good money to jizz up the walls. :angry:

Pure drivel.

Piggies are only up to their eyes in debt 'cause they're been in a union with Germany and borrowing at German rates whilst Germany uses them to recycle German savings.

Illustrates just how stupid Clegg is. The man who would have taken us into the Euro the minute he got into power.

Yes, if only they hadn't joined the euro, they'd have perfectly healthy economies like ours. :unsure:

Pure drivel.

no, they werent forced to borrow...they could easily have been a bit Keynesian and started saving in the good times.

no, they werent forced to borrow...they could easily have been a bit Keynesian and started saving in the good times.

Ireland did with their National Pension Reserve Fund. It was the first thing onto the bonfire when they were forced to bailout the French & German banksters.......sorry "Senior Bondholders".

Pure drivel.

As greedy as a P.I.G

It is high time this clown was shown the door!! Who actually voted for these idiots anyway?

I have a friend who thinks he *might* have voted LibDem.

Oh, all right, it was me.

Never again though. It's political atheism for me from now on.

It just goes to show that he doesn't represent the UK people or UK taxpayers, he works for another column - and then he's trying to show that he's fit to run the country without a coalition :lol::lol::lol:

Events both inside and outside of the eurozone have demonstrated the irrefutable need for all European states to pursue deep-seated economic reform, individually, and together, because without it there will be no lasting success, no matter what happens to monetary union.”

In the case of the UK if house prices were allowed to become truly affordable then that would be one of the best possible deep-seated reform for the UK economy - but I suspect he's not referring to that sort of reform.

Apparently Clegg says we shouldnt gloat over Euro problems.

Not really surprising from a man who, for the last ten years, through various dishonest arguments has been trying to force us into the Euro. Just saying you were wrong, might be a start...

Libdems, the party of local government(that wants to centralize power in Brussels)

I have a friend who thinks he *might* have voted LibDem.

Oh, all right, it was me.

Never again though. It's political atheism for me from now on.

For that kind of silliness your status as an HPC Guru is in peril. And atheism is not good enough; you have to vote AGAINST the LibDems. ;)

It's turning into a total farce all this. Between Cameron and his mate Andy and now Clegg spouting ******** about how we should all save the eurozone, we should really just get another election so we can get Ed into power..................err. :blink:

Is there frickin' anyone in the UK, outside of business leaders and the Liberals who wants Britain to be in the EU? Hands up!

Edited by pl1

Is there frickin' anyone in the UK, outside of business leaders and the Liberals who wants Britain to be in the EU? Hands up!

(holds hand up)

But my idea of "Europe"* is not Le Plat Du Jour.

* a confederation of sovereign states who trade with each other.

It's turning into a total farce all this. Between Cameron and his mate Andy and now Clegg spouting ******** about how we should all save the eurozone, we should really just get another election so we can get Ed into power..................err. :blink:

Screaming Lord Sutch.

Or dare I say it, Lord Buckethead.