House Price Crash Forum

Freewheeling Or Coasting Distance On A Cheap Bicycle

inflating

HOLA441
HOLA442

Why has no one mentioned shaving legs yet?

Well that is essential as cycling shorts, and shoe's don't go with hairy legs I'm afraid and is a fashion faux pas.

Wet razor in the bath does the job! rolleyes.gif

Also speeds you up marginally.

HOLA443

Schwalbe Marathon plus. The best tire for a semi slick hybrid/MTB - by a mile. You could literally ride over a pavement of broken glass and not even worry about getting a puncture. Class.

HOLA444

I'm curious about this whole slick\knobbly tyre debate on MTB. I've always been an advocate of putting a semi-slick tyre on, and swore by his in my early twenties when I worked as a courier in Glasgow. That was on a very expensive light Bontrager frame at the time. In the last year I decided to get back into cycling, and bought a run-of-the mill Specialized mtb. Par for the course, I rock up and buy a set of semi-slicks and run them for the past 8 months. Planning a run yesterday from Manchester out to Cheshire, the rain over the past few days had me think I should put the knobblies back on as the route was 20 mile track\10 miles road - the track would have been a mudbath. I though the road would be a drag, but I ended up getting some great pace yesterday - and for me it felt better than the slicks on these same roads 4 weeks ago. Maybe I was just feeling fitter??? I've got an experiment planned now, I'll keep the knobblies on and do my morning commute and see how it compares to my record time on the slicks. The commute is tarmac path, road and cycle path.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Archived