House Price Crash Forum
thecrashingisles

Gordon Brown: I'd Still Be Pm If Hacking Claims Had Been Aired Earlier

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/wintour-and-watt/2011/jul/08/gordon-brown-davidcameron?CMP=twt_gu

Gordon Brown has been experiencing mixed emotions this week.

One side of him has felt what can best be described as a sense of Schadenfreude as he watches the pressure pile up on Rebekah Brooks and James Murdoch.

Brown has never, and will never, forgive the pair for the brutal manner in which they withdrew the Sun's support for Labour before the last general election. The former prime minister always knew he would struggle to retain the red top's support. But pulling the plug on Labour in the autumn of 2009 on the evening of his last speech to the Labour conference before the general election was seen as a deeply hostile act.

But Brown is not enjoying any sweet taste of victory because his over-riding emotion is one of regret. He believes that had the latest set of allegations been aired 18 months ago he might well still be prime minister.

I think your link is wrong. It should be the Daily Mash.

They clearly need to up his dose at the McFunny Farm. Anyone other than Gordon Brown (or Ed Balls) would have won the last election for Labour. Or at least been able to put together a coalition. As it was, Brown is such an unpleasant sociopath that he managed to drive their ideological allies from further left than they are to the centre (left) of the Tories.

The Guardian: Gordon Brown must go, says HBOS whistleblower Paul Moore

10:57AM GMT 15 Feb 2009

Paul Moore, the bank whistleblower whose revelations forced the resignation of a senior Government adviser, has called for Prime Minister Gordon Brown to go for his part in creating the financial crisis.

Mr Moore, who was sacked after raising concerns over excessive risk-taking at HBOS, said Mr Brown should be "held accountable for his failure to oversee the stability of the country".

Following his explosive evidence to the Commons Treasury Committee last week, Mr Moore said he is planning to send the MPs a further dossier of 30 documents which will point the finger of blame for the bust at Mr Brown.

After Mr Moore's revelations forced the resignation of the deputy chairman of the Financial Services Authority Sir James Crosby, Mr Brown told another parliamentary committee that HBOS's massive losses - estimated at more than £10 billion - were caused not by Government policy but by the bank's flawed business model.

But Mr Moore, who was head of risk at HBOS from 2002 to 2005, today told the Independent on Sunday: "The failure goes right to the heart of the system - to the internal supervisory system and right to the top of government.

"Brown must go. He cannot remain in office.

"He has presided over the biggest boom in the history of the country as well as one of the biggest busts.

"But he promised no more boom and bust. He must be held accountable for his failure to oversee the stability of the country."

Mr Moore added: "Brown presided over a policy based on excessive consumer spending based on excessive consumer credit based on massively increasing property prices, which were caused by excessively easy credit which could only ultimately lead to disaster.

"But no, in Gordon's mind it was all caused by global events beyond his and anybody else's control.

"Brown swaggers around holding himself out as the economic saviour of the world with a level of hubris that defies belief. But does he ever acknowledge that it was he, as Chancellor of the Exchequer, who presided functionally over the economic strategy that got us into this mess in the first place?"

Mr Moore said that he had collected a "meticulous record" of his time at HBOS which will back up his warnings that the bank was "going too fast" and taking excessive risk thanks to a "sales driven culture" led by Sir James as chief executive.

Sir James has rejected Mr Moore's claim that he sacked the head of risk as a result of his warnings.

The former HBOS chief executive - who was appointed to the board of City watchdog the FSA by Mr Brown and promoted to deputy chairman by his successor Chancellor Alistair Darling - today indicated that he may be planning to go before the Treasury Committee to give his account of events.

Sir James told the Sunday Telegraph: "I plan to issue a full and detailed rebuttal on the basis of my best recollections of what took place at HBOS during the relevant period.

"We have to focus on the facts and not the rhetoric - the issues and not the personalities."

You think so, Gordon? I wonder what on earth they had on you and your senior banking buddies.

But Brown is not enjoying any sweet taste of victory because his over-riding emotion is one of regret. He believes that had the latest set of allegations been aired 18 months ago he might well still be prime minister.

Not half so much an "over-riding emotion" of regret that many in this country should have, that he ever got to be PM in the first place.

Not half so much an "over-riding emotion" of regret that many in this country should have, that he ever got to be PM in the first place.

To be fair to him he did keep out of the Euro.

Although of course he did

1) Stop Frank Field reforming the benefit system in 1997 the best time economically and poltically to do so

2) Stop the Bank of England from supervising banks (it had worked well for over a century) and pt the FSA in charge who only managed 11 years before it went wrong

3) Change the tax on pensions so I and many others will have to die working

4) Sold off our gold at the bottom of the market.

His campaign was finished the minute this happened.

An epic mistake compounded by the fact that he didn't realise his visual reaction to the news was being recorded because he was at a radio station. Defining image of the last general election.

I remember at the time reading that Americans were especially shocked. The majority of them still thought Tony Blair was prime minister...

I thought that he did the real damage when he was chancellor?

Paul Moore, the bank whistleblower whose revelations forced the resignation of a senior Government adviser, has called for Prime Minister Gordon Brown to go for his part in creating the financial crisis.

You think so, Gordon? I wonder what on earth they had on you and your senior banking buddies.

Wow. That was good. Thanks for that GBSMF.

This part is just precious:

"The failure goes right to the heart of the system - to the internal supervisory system and right to the top of government.

"Brown must go. He cannot remain in office.

"He has presided over the biggest boom in the history of the country as well as one of the biggest busts.

"But he promised no more boom and bust. He must be held accountable for his failure to oversee the stability of the country."

Mr Moore added: "Brown presided over a policy based on excessive consumer spending based on excessive consumer credit based on massively increasing property prices, which were caused by excessively easy credit which could only ultimately lead to disaster.

"But no, in Gordon's mind it was all caused by global events beyond his and anybody else's control.

"Brown swaggers around holding himself out as the economic saviour of the world with a level of hubris that defies belief. But does he ever acknowledge that it was he, as Chancellor of the Exchequer, who presided functionally over the economic strategy that got us into this mess in the first place?"

Has he been diagnosed yet? (...)

i saved the world, saved the world i tell ya

Dream on. The man is deluded.

Yep, I think he still, honestly believes it was not his fault. Just un-be-lie-vable. Mind boggling. Really.

It must be some "condition", surely!

Any psychologist around??

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Malignant Narcissist

Malignant narcissism has been described as "an extreme form of antisocial personality disorder that is manifest in a person who is pathologically grandiose, lacking in conscience and behavioral regulation, and with characteristic demonstrations of joyful cruelty and sadism".[1]
"ruthlessness in dealing with others, his lasting feeling of being singled out, and his blind belief in his own greatness can be interpreted easily as syndromes of the "malignant narcissism" that seems to be characteristic of the infamous dictators of history".[14]

Also See Narcissistic Leadership

"narcissistic leadership is driven by unyielding arrogance, self-absorption, and a personal egotistic need for power and admiration."

He even went as far as writing a book about Courage, something he so obviously lacks... :lol:

Edited by JustAnotherProle

Happy days. :)

Is that vermin still breathing? :angry:

Why didn't Andrew Marr ask him if called other Labour voters bigots? Although if she didn't want unlimited immigration why did she vote Labour? Did she not know what they were like?

Malignant Narcissist

Also See Narcissistic Leadership

He even went as far as writing a book about Courage, something he so obviously lacks... :lol:

:o

That makes a lot of sense JAP! Thanks for that!

It fits perfectly!

:o

Jeeez...

But ... but ... didn't they know about that??!! I mean, his colleagues in the Labour party??!!

Some did, amongst the Blairites, I remember some comments about psychological flaws or something. But didn't they investigate it a bit further, professionally? Why not??

And what about the Brownites, couldn't they see it?? Really?? It was so obvious!!

That MORON Broon did more damage to the UK than Napoleon, Kaiser William 1 & Adolf Hitler combined. :angry:

He was the greatest F*CKWIT PM this country has EVER known - I reckon he was a KGB plant who was programmed to ruin us...... And he succeeded. He presided over the most shocking & treasonous economic mis-management ever known. A GCSE schoolchild could have done A LOT better.

GORDON DENIAL LIAR LOAN BROWN.

-

A complete & utter C * NT

:angry: :angry:

Edited by eric pebble