House Price Crash Forum
Swanz

Swansea Auction

I was absolutely amazed by this auction today!!

Not all property sold in the room for obvious reasons.

First auction I have attended when the guide price is not acceptable. Eg. Guide price 80,000- 100,000 price in room 95,000 Sorry not sold as under reserve.

Most houses were not sold because they fell within the upper reserve!

How can this agency get away with this? Every property they tried to sell had to be on or above their highest reserve price.

First auction I have attended when the guide price is not acceptable. Eg. Guide price 80,000- 100,000 price in room 95,000 Sorry not sold as under reserve.

How can this agency get away with this? Every property they tried to sell had to be on or above their highest reserve price.

What about the ones that sold? What sort of properties were on offer? Any evidence of prices dropping below 2009 lows?

Who was this - which EA?

Who was this - which EA?

Yes, it was John Francis. The majority of properties to sell were the HMO types!

Lots offered: 14 Lots sold: 6

I bumped into a couple of JF EAs over the weekend and they told me that they were disappointed with the auction results.

I mentioned the above re a property being offered 95K on a guide price of 80K to 100K and they seemed a tad annoyed as they thought it might have been their property - i.e. their branch property in the auction - that you bid on.

They told me they had been hoping for 95K so sounds like a miscommunication. Why don't you pop into the branch, say you missed the auction and offer 85K?

I bumped into a couple of JF EAs over the weekend and they told me that they were disappointed with the auction results.

I mentioned the above re a property being offered 95K on a guide price of 80K to 100K and they seemed a tad annoyed as they thought it might have been their property - i.e. their branch property in the auction - that you bid on.

They told me they had been hoping for 95K so sounds like a miscommunication. Why don't you pop into the branch, say you missed the auction and offer 85K?

They were NOT interested in 95k as it didn't sell at auction! That lot or any of the others ( apart from 1) didnt interest me.

The only property I was interested in was at 19 Overland Road, Mumbles. Sold for 250k

Ah, the big former HMO at the top of Overland? That has finally sold has it? I suppose it can be a lovely house when it is modernised. Always think of that road as being damp, dark and too high up.