House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Loblaw

Working Hours Inflation

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailjob.aspx?sessionid=f9bdb9b3-5656-4b6e-a2de-503507ebf678&pid=1&j=DRL/21204

This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of GEM Premium People Recruitment who are operating as an employment business.We are looking for order pickers to work in a busy and demanding distribution centre. Duties include picking orders using low level order pickers. Experience of using these would be an advantage however training to operate these will be given to successful candidates. Working 56 hours a day, 20-40 hours per week. Pay rate is 7.50ph.This is a temporary position with the view to become permanent after 12 weeks. To apply for this position please send your CV to Ms Simone Jones at

Mind, you do get £7.50 an hour.

obviously a typo.

reminds me of the stiffs i used to work with in an office, who were the worst workers but the best as lickers.

this was before the boom. i think today id work extra late, then before leaving start a small electrical fire and burn the place down. then enjoy the time off while they sorted it out.

can somebody explain how in 4 posts we get from pointing out a brainnumbingly dull typo, to a pyromanial lunatic wanting to murder people on trains, because he once worked in an office 15 years ago ("before the boom") where somebody licked a metaphorical sphincter?

only on HPC. It is why we love it.

obviously a typo.

reminds me of the stiffs i used to work with in an office, who were the worst workers but the best as lickers.

this was before the boom. i think today id work extra late, then before leaving start a small electrical fire and burn the place down. then enjoy the time off while they sorted it out.

Just reminded me of Roger Mellie from VIZ, although he'd pepper it with a bit more swearing.