House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SarahBell

Getting Physio Quicker?

A friend is on diazepam for a trapped nerve but there's a 3 month nhs wait for physio.

Any hints on how he can get seen quicker?

A friend is on diazepam for a trapped nerve but there's a 3 month nhs wait for physio.

Any hints on how he can get seen quicker?

Pay money. HTH.

Seriously, I had something similar and glad I paid for private treatment - there'll be loads of private physios locally that won't be extortionate. If you've got a local sports college or university with a sports/physio department they often do good quality physio and at good rates.

Pay money. HTH.

Seriously, I had something similar and glad I paid for private treatment - there'll be loads of private physios locally that won't be extortionate. If you've got a local sports college or university with a sports/physio department they often do good quality physio and at good rates.

I'm pretty certain he's broke but I'll suggest it

Look online for yoga / osteopathic exercises to free the nerve.

I had something similar with a trapped nerve re a twisted vertebrae, osteopath half sorted it but it was not completely fixed. So I went on-line, found a dozen back yoga / back exercises, followed them adjusting 3 or 4 ones that I found good to my own movements... and after a few weeks suddenly WOW... freed everything up...

Google is your friend's friend.

Btw, I doubt a physio would help your friend anyhow - pretty sure it is an osteopath he would need to see. Alas, docs tend to hate osteopaths and dismiss them as quacks in this country... which is what they used to say about physios until physios became available on the NHS... but osteopath is someone who I would see about a trapped nerve in the back... At the end of the day physios, by definition, deal with muscles... and muscles in themselves do not trap nerves... but an osteopath deals with muscles and bones... and it is the bones that trap the nerves...

The NHS physios I saw were rubbish, frankly. They actually made my condition worse.

So I went to some back street private place, and they diagnosed and sorted my problem on the spot.

That was a few quid very well spent. I don't think the NHS physio even spoke decent English :rolleyes:

The NHS physios I saw were rubbish, frankly. They actually made my condition worse.

So I went to some back street private place, and they diagnosed and sorted my problem on the spot.

That was a few quid very well spent. I don't think the NHS physio even spoke decent English :rolleyes:

Nah, probably from Seth Effrika.:blink:

Look online for yoga / osteopathic exercises to free the nerve.

I had something similar with a trapped nerve re a twisted vertebrae, osteopath half sorted it but it was not completely fixed. So I went on-line, found a dozen back yoga / back exercises, followed them adjusting 3 or 4 ones that I found good to my own movements... and after a few weeks suddenly WOW... freed everything up...

Google is your friend's friend.

Btw, I doubt a physio would help your friend anyhow - pretty sure it is an osteopath he would need to see. Alas, docs tend to hate osteopaths and dismiss them as quacks in this country... which is what they used to say about physios until physios became available on the NHS... but osteopath is someone who I would see about a trapped nerve in the back... At the end of the day physios, by definition, deal with muscles... and muscles in themselves do not trap nerves... but an osteopath deals with muscles and bones... and it is the bones that trap the nerves...

agree with all this apart from the google part.

it's your friend, for now/ :unsure: