House Price Crash Forum
jmzr

Daily Express Drivel

I would encourage every HPC reader to go to this ****-wipe of an article and to leave some suitably disparaging remarks in the comments section

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/257244/HOUSE-PRICES-ON-THE-UP

I used to. But it just gets the news page hits up and the editors then think it is a very popular story. I don't visit any daily express news articles anymore. They are all bull shit.

If you are going to post though, bear in mind that they rarely moderate, so just go nuts! Ive personally insulted the editors, journalists and described the paper as only good for toilet paper and it always gets added :)

I would encourage every HPC reader to go to this ****-wipe of an article and to leave some suitably disparaging remarks in the comments section

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/257244/HOUSE-PRICES-ON-THE-UP

Why? This (unfortunately) seems to be a fairly accurate assessment of yesterday's Halifax release....

Haven't you heard, the crash is off and I for one am off to buy a house while I still can.

Oh wait I can't afford one :angry:

Haha what a tosser!! Sibley is still in the house!!

As usual with these good news stories it has been posted on a disenchanted renters website. I copied the following for you just to let everyone know the comments are one sided set up. Most of these people have no means to buy a house. Big chips on their shoulders about anyone who has got on in life.

I would encourage every H** reader to go to this ****-wipe of an article and to leave some suitably disparaging remarks in the comments section

• Posted by: Sibley • Report Comment

Sorry Sibs but I am not a disenchanted renter, I actually own and am mortgage free. I support lower property values in the interests of my kids and as I can see the damage they do to this Country!!

Because it is on the front page of the Express today, the BBC radio stations this morning. have been using this story, whilst reviewing the daily papers.

"The Express tells us house prices have gone up £67 a day", I heard one say in apparent glee. :rolleyes:

Sorry Sibs but I am not a disenchanted renter, I actually own and am mortgage free. I support lower property values in the interests of my kids and as I can see the damage they do to this Country!!

I'm not a disenchanted renter either. I have more than enough cash in the bank to buy the house I'm renting. But, if I were to do so, I'd be out of pocket due to the interest I receive on the money I'd need to draw out to buy exceeding the rent I pay ;).

If you take into account repairs, maintenance, etc, I'd be mad to put a large chunk of money into an illiquid, depreciating asset :lol:.

Quite good to see HPC terms coming across in the comments section.

One is a bit bizzare though as it claims 'Mark Montgomery you are a vested interest' Surely Mark Montgomery has a vested interest rather than actually being one himself!

I think it's kind of sweet Sibley still watches us from afar.

Hi sibbles *pinch cheeks* we miss you terribly, why don't you post and say hi :)

http://www.express.c...RICES-ON-THE-UP

Daily-Express-001.jpg

We have house prices. We have Madeleine McCann. But where is the Princess Diana angle? Surely she must have had her phone hacked as well?

every time there is a daily express house price rise article from now on, i'm am going to write WWWW.HOUSEPRICECRASH.CO.UK . in the comments sections and tell people how to use PROPERTYBEE

_Sibley

:P

every time there is a daily express house price rise article from now on, i'm am going to write WWWW.HOUSEPRICECRASH.CO.UK . in the comments sections and tell people how to use PROPERTYBEE

He's a touch obsessive isn't he?

Who me or him?

If you meant me then you probably were not party to the drivel the person used to post on here a couple years ago.

Edited by geezer466

Why? This (unfortunately) seems to be a fairly accurate assessment of yesterday's Halifax release....

Haven't you heard, the crash is off and I for one am off to buy a house while I still can.

Oh wait I can't afford one :angry:

Missed the release yesterday, just caught up, +1.2%, nice, looks like the BoE policies are working a treat.

Tell Sibs that I too have a property that I will be finished paying off in 6 years. I am 33 years old.

I'd be mad to put a large chunk of money into an illiquid, depreciating asset :lol:.

Depreciating at a rate of minus £67 per day, apparently. :ph34r:

I love the way the Express treats almost every news story as an opportunity to promote property;

' MAN ATTACKED BY GENETICALLY ENGINEERED DINOSAUR'

A man was badly mauled yesterday when a 25 foot long dinosaur escaped from a secret laboratory. The prehistoric monster had been regrown from a fossil fragment by scientists in a horrific real life rerun of the film Jurassic park.

Horrified neighbours watched helplessly as the man was tossed around like a rag doll in the garden of his 350 thousand pound detached cottage home.

'It was horrible to watch' said a neighbour. Another angrily pointed out ' This kind of thing can badly effect local house prices-putting that laboratory here was totally irresponsible.'

Horrified neighbours watched helplessly as the man was tossed around like a rag doll in the garden of his 350 thousand pound detached cottage home.

No great loss if he was a pro-HPI Boomer... also, another forced DDD sale.

I love the way the Express treats almost every news story as an opportunity to promote property;

' MAN ATTACKED BY GENETICALLY ENGINEERED DINOSAUR'

A man was badly mauled yesterday when a 25 foot long dinosaur escaped from a secret laboratory. The prehistoric monster had been regrown from a fossil fragment by scientists in a horrific real life rerun of the film Jurassic park.

'It was horrible to watch' said a neighbour. Another angrily pointed out ' This kind of thing can badly effect local house prices-putting that laboratory here was totally irresponsible.'

And here it is!

91538664orm3419a.jpg

Hooray! Housing market rockets!

Hooray! Petrol price explodes!

Hooray! Food prices soar!

Hooray! Council tax UP!

Why do so few people see that higher house prices mean a HIGHER cost of living for **** sake.

Because it is on the front page of the Express today, the BBC radio stations this morning. have been using this story, whilst reviewing the daily papers.

"The Express tells us house prices have gone up £67 a day", I heard one say in apparent glee. :rolleyes:

On BBC Breakfast TV,at about 7:30 I think, they showed 7 or 8 front pages including the Metro, but NOT the Express. Maybe some of the VIs have had to move to Salford?