House Price Crash Forum

Story To Warm Your Cockles...

HOLA441

Had a knock at the door earlier only to be asked if I was an owner or a tenant. He seemed a little dismayed to find I was only a tenant and asked if I knew who owned nearby.

His problem was the planning development to knock down a building at a top of the road and let a...

Wait for it...

God forbid....

A housing association build some flats. He said he knew nothing about it until he'd seen the scaffold erected around the site. Strange I said, some of the local residents had mounted a vociferous campaign with flyers through doors and posters on lamp posts. I'm a landlord he said so I didn't find out about it until now and I'm trying to organise a meeting with the council. I said it's not ideal, parking is already a nightmare around here and he responded that it wouldn't be good for house prices re: the housing association and off he went.

:lol:

HOLA442

We look down on a decent house on a river and they had put a planning application in. My mother was somewhat taken aback that we, as renters, might possibly be allowed to have a say wrt that development.

The council made it's final decision last October so I think he's wasting his time, didn't tell him that of course. Might need to rent his house off him in the future. At a discount of course because of the housing association riff raff up the street!

HOLA443
HOLA444

The council made it's final decision last October so I think he's wasting his time, didn't tell him that of course. Might need to rent his house off him in the future. At a discount of course because of the housing association riff raff up the street!

Nice to see you thinking like a good HPC'er there, by forward planning for your next opportunity to get these rents down.

HOLA445
HOLA446

We look down on a decent house on a river and they had put a planning application in. My mother was somewhat taken aback that we, as renters, might possibly be allowed to have a say wrt that development.

NIMBY!!!!

Didnt you get the hpc memo about nimbyism being evil :lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA447

Had a knock at the door earlier only to be asked if I was an owner or a tenant. He seemed a little dismayed to find I was only a tenant and asked if I knew who owned nearby.

A housing association build some flats. He said he knew nothing about it until he'd seen the scaffold erected around the site. Strange I said, some of the local residents had mounted a vociferous campaign with flyers through doors and posters on lamp posts. I'm a landlord he said so I didn't find out about it until now and I'm trying to organise a meeting with the council. I said it's not ideal, parking is already a nightmare around here and he responded that it wouldn't be good for house prices re: the housing association and off he went.

You trolled the NIMBY. Good one!

HOLA448
HOLA449

Why a housing association?

Didn't anyone want to do it privately?

Trebles all round at the taxpayers expense in the charitable shelter of the housing association.

Not sure why its a housing association. The site is in a fairly dense housing area (terraces) in a quite pricey neighbourhood. I suppose its possible that a HA were the only ones daft enough to pay whatever the inflated price was wanted for the land. HA or not the end result will not be cheap, probably some sort of shared ownership affair but I'm just guessing, don't know any deails of the intended development.

And I did send an objection to the planning department of the council. I thought it was fair rather than NIMBY because this is a densely populated area of early 20th century terraces and the parking situation is already untenable due to the narrow roads and multi-car ownership.

Edited by daiking