House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AteMoose

Phone Developers

Something wrong here,

I voted 'no'

don't even know what an app is (application?)

BUT I had to tick all the other boxes to get my vote accepted

I'm considering not writing apps for all of them. :D

I'm giving that serious thought too. :)

Adding another choice to the second question might fix the "no" vote glitch. Something like "Voted no to question 1".

This is a job advert for a mobile apps developer, It's been around for the last 6 months or so.

http://www.jobsinkent.com/job385976/developers_ashford.html

Developers - PageSuite Limited

Location: Ashford Some old country road 10 miles away from Ashford

Salary: Based on experience more like £14,000 (according to the exact same ad presented by an agency)

Contract: Any

Hours: Any

Reference: PSJIK

Date Posted: 2nd July 2011

PageSuite are a leading software and mobile technology developer for global publishers, working with over 1,000 magazine and newspaper clients developing interactive iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and other Smartphone Applications. With offices in the UK and US we are a cutting edge innovating company.

We are looking for enthusiastic and talented developers to join our team of over 30 people.

You will be working closely with our design and developer teams on hugely varied projects, primarily mobile application and digital magazine software and the infrastructure that supports them. You must be flexible in your work hours display a docile and submissive behaviour as we operate a 24 hour business from our office in Kent.

Based on our location you must hold a full driving license[, bring your own food and fresh water].

Ideal skills

• Javascript. HTML5, CSS

• Cocoa / Objective C / C#

• Java/C++

• ASP.NET

• SQL Server

• Flash/Actionscript

There are a number of is 1 positions that we are looking to fill with the above skills.

If you feel you can make a difference to our team be our bitch then please contact us ASAP.

At this point, no agencies please.

I'm just starting an app for just about all the above, using Dreamweaver CS5.5/Phonegap/JQuery mobile. Do I win £5?

Beats writing one app for iOs, one for Android, one for Blackberry... it's not a true 'native' app but the new SDKs allow you full access to all the device's doodahs, camera, compass, address book etc. Plus it's really easy to fuse existing web content from the client.