House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
unamerican

Will Ken Clarke Go For The Jugular Over Iraq

i hope he does.

anyone know what time his speech is ?

so do I... if he did, and then he got in... then it would take his party from being wholly untouchable in my view to almost appealing

I think Clarke could really tear strips off Brown at the next election an'all

i hope he does.

anyone know what time his speech is ?

Trouble is, at the same time he'd have to slag off about 99% of the Tory Party because they were even more bellicose at the time of the invasion than Labour. He'd also, I assume, have to recommend that Saddam Hussain be put back on his throne.

He's not that stupid, on either count. Dream on.

p

P.S. Just remind us what the opinion on Iraq of a twice-rejected Tory leader candidate has to do with a House Price Crash in the UK. Putting Saddam back in power will knock sense into the market, perhaps? Pleeeaaase tell us!

Edited by patprimer74

so do I... if he did, and then he got in... then it would take his party from being wholly untouchable in my view to almost appealing

I think Clarke could really tear strips off Brown at the next election an'all

I am an ABL - Anyone But Labour.

They are the most authoritarian govt this country has ever seen.

If it was PR Lib-Dem or even Green would get my vote.

Not being PR I would even vote Tory (heaven help me ) if I thought it would unseat Labour,.

I hope Livingstone gets kicked out -another Orwellian control freak . I'd vote for Norris in that one,

ha ha.

dont look to the tories to help you make the best decisions for you. they are a political party that have sat on the sidelines regarding iraq and were ok with it on the outset. also they did the same in 1991.

why would be wait until he had some POLITICAL GAIN to be got from speaking out about iraq. why didnt he speak out from the get go.? this proves they are not interested in resolving it for the good of the people, he just wants to win our election by adjusting his stance to suit the time.

i dont ttrust parties that stay silent until it suits THEM.

thats what we have at the moment anyway.

tory,lab 2 shades of the same colour.

fred

I voted lib dem and believe me I dislike tories a lot.

but i really fear for this country if labour remain in power.

they grow more Orwellian with each passing day.

i will support anyone who can take the fight to them and give them a bloody nose.

and that especially applies to Ken Clarke.,

the ideal result a the next election would be a hung parliament.

my votes are going to lib dem mp and norris for mayor.

Guest tenant super
Trouble is, at the same time he'd have to slag off about 99% of the Tory Party because they were even more bellicose at the time of the invasion than Labour. He'd also, I assume, have to recommend that Saddam Hussain be put back on his throne.

He's not that stupid, on either count. Dream on.

p

P.S. Just remind us what the opinion on Iraq of a twice-rejected Tory leader candidate has to do with a House Price Crash in the UK. Putting Saddam back in power will knock sense into the market, perhaps? Pleeeaaase tell us!

I think all he has to do is imply that the Government lied to or misled parliament including the Tory MPs. What's more he can point to the failure to have in place an exit strategy.

Interestingly any increase on pressure will force Blair to step down and Brown to take over as PM where he will be in the immediate line of fire for both this and the economy.

ha ha.

dont look to the tories to help you make the best decisions for you. they are a political party that have sat on the sidelines regarding iraq and were ok with it on the outset. also they did the same in 1991.

why would be wait until he had some POLITICAL GAIN to be got from speaking out about iraq. why didnt he speak out from the get go.? this proves they are not interested in resolving it for the good of the people, he just wants to win our election by adjusting his stance to suit the time.

don't get me wrong RSF... I'm not saying that Clarke is the second coming of honest, principled politics (if there was indeed a first)... only that I think it represents another important seechange that the (possible) leader of one of the two main parties is "coming out" against the war - and by extension - a lot more else about the way the country is being run. The war issue doesn't stand in isolation... this is also about getting closer to the EU and further away from the Septics (and don't let Kenny tell you otherwise)

they are a political party that have sat on the sidelines regarding iraq and were ok with it on the outset.

It's worse than that: if all the Tories had voted against invading Iraq, Blair wouldn't have got enough votes from his own party to invade. In a way, the Tories have more responsibility for the mess we're in than Labour.

In a way, the Tories have more responsibility for the mess we're in than Labour.

and dont forget Al Qaida and the Iranians must shoulder much of the blame also. and liberals . and George Galloway .

:blink:

ha ha.

rfd,

You've obviously got a CAPS key on your keyboard because you occasionally use it. How about doing the rest of us a HUGE favour and use it where the rest of us expect it - AT THE FIRST LETTER OF ANY NEW SENTENCE OR PROPER NOUN.

BTW, I think I agree with the sentiments you express in this post - if I understand you correctly. I have to admit, though, that I'm still deciphering - "why would be wait until he had some POLITICAL GAIN to be got from speaking out about iraq. why didnt he speak out from the get go.?"

p

and dont forget Al Qaida and the Iranians must shoulder much of the blame also. and liberals . and George Galloway .

:blink:

and everyone who relies to some extent on cheap and plentiful oil to sustain their way of life...

oh, that's me too then. Sorry everyone! :o

rfd,

You've obviously got a CAPS key on your keyboard because you occasionally use it. How about doing the rest of us a HUGE favour and use it where the rest of us expect it - AT THE FIRST LETTER OF ANY NEW SENTENCE OR PROPER NOUN.

gEt lOsT yOu sIlLY tWIt,

Edited by unamerican

why does everybody correct the grammar. this is a forum - not a formal letter to a cricket club regarding balls coming over breaking the strawberry netting in the vicars garden.

this isnt an english language forum. can you see capitals in spoken conversation ? no.

how do you manage to get about in life without all these subtle grammar pointers ?

i was just slagging off the tories. the quiet when it suits them tories. the tories that havent spoken out about anything other than fox hunting. the 80s tories. the tories that cant listen. the sleezy tories calling the kettle black. the bse tories. the lamont tories. the liars. the fraudsters. the cash for questions tories.

ken clarke was there all along withthe rest of the tories. speaking out now on issues he should have spoken about years ago, but only now feels its in the tories interests to do so. - that was 'the tories' interest. not yours.

lib dems - waste of time while there is such a pointless and gutless leader.

gEt lOsT yOu sIlLY tWIt,

Can I read into that that the reply I gave earlier - and to which you have not responded - wasn't to your likening?

Regards and all best wishes.

p

why does everybody correct the grammar.

rfd,

I wasn't saying anything about the grammar. I'm not in any position to do so. All I was asking, politely, was that you make it easier for me (I shouldn't have spoken for anyone else) to read your valuable posts. If I could see that you _never_ used capitals, then I'd have said nothing about it. It just seemed odd, to me, that although you are able and willing to use capital letters, you choose not to use them in the places that most of us have learned to expect them.

You say that you slag off the Tories, so it's obvious that you're a person of intelligence and good sense. So, keep on posting!

(jUST WAIT FOR THE CRETINS TO POST MIXED UP caps LOWER CASE offerINGS.)

p

I wasn't saying anything about the grammar. I'm not in any position to do so. All I was asking, politely, was that you make it easier for me (I shouldn't have spoken for anyone else) to read your valuable posts. If I could see that you _never_ used capitals, then I'd have said nothing about it. It just seemed odd, to me, that although you are able and willing to use capital letters, you choose not to use them in the places that most of us have learned to expect them.

You say that you slag off the Tories, so it's obvious that you're a person of intelligence and good sense. So, keep on posting!

(jUST WAIT FOR THE CRETINS TO POST MIXED UP caps LOWER CASE offerINGS.)

im too lazy and its a sunday. i use the bits i can use and the rest i dont bother with. its a casual forum. its a hybrid between talking and writing, so the trimmings can afford to be lost in place of speed of response. most posters spell things wrong and miss punctuation, but i get the point they are trying to make. i myself use block capitals for <strong> emphasis. like a good dictator should.

and

i use long pauses.