House Price Crash Forum
Monkey

£90,000 For A Sea View?

for ages i have been wanting to get a house in Hythe, Southampton, i would love to be by the water.

to my Surprise 2 houses cam up recently for sale in an area/estate i would like to live in and know quite well

£350k

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29118751.html?premiumA=true

1 parking space, i personally dont like the layout, nor the price,

but the view is really good, the front of the property is Semi private IE no through traffic, but its not gated so you can just walk round there and get the same view.

this is the other one,

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30191035.html

£260k, for 90k less, you effectivly loose one bedroom, but you gain a garage and the floor plan is better (IMO) this house is about 100 yards away from the first house, and you get more IMO for your money (a garage, private drive, a Utility room)

this house was being sold for around £200k in 2000, so a 60k hike, i wont be making an offer as its outside out budget, but £90k for a view?

I've never understood seaviews of whatever views....

Why can't thy just build houses sans windows instead, and put in TFT screens where the windows should be to give you whatever view you want?

Perhaps you could make some of the difference back by selling ice-creams to the hordes of public wandering past the end of your garden.

Edited by opt_out

I dont know I kind of link this view.

201.jpg

From the other end of the beach.

saunton_sands.jpg

Is that Saunton Sands ?

Edit to add... We like to holiday just round the bend of that cliff in a lovely place called Croyde Bay. We actually buy our cod and chips in Braunton from Squires chippy and drive back and sit in our car and have a scoff whilst admiring the very same view you have posted.

Watching the surfers and wind-boarders, dead quiet and fresh air. Being a Londoner it`s a little slice of heaven for us.

Carry on :D

Edited by Bosh

Perhaps you could make some of the difference back by selling ice-creams to the hordes of public wandering past the end of your garden.

My father-in-law lives in an idyllic beach front setting on the east coast of Scotland. He knocks up flower pots in the shape of boats that sit under his window (a former boat house on the outlet of the estuary) selling for a few hundred quid a time, price penned in gold/White paint and they sell like hot cakes - always crafting his next. I reckon he builds 20 or so a year. Lovely jubilee!!

For 350k I'd want a spot on the Cote d'Azure with a view that mainly comprises sand, sea, swaying trees and topless beach bunnies prancing past my window.

With all due respect, those views are horrible and the house is pretty grim inside and out. House prices are batshit insane.

I'd take the the first one if i had pots of money. I'd spend every free moment with a couple rods out there, and you'd never have to buy food again, which offsets the extra price! Hope you like eating Dogfish and flatties.