House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OnlyMe

Shop Price Inflation Gathers Pace In June

BRC no.s, So if food price inflation is 5.7% and running well below broader inflation what is that broader inflation and what do they reckon inflation will be soon as they lobby for more of the same in regards low rates?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/07/06/uk-britain-prices-brc-idUKTRE76476H20110706

(Reuters) - Shop price inflation jumped last month to its highest rate since October 2008, led by a sharp rise in food prices, a survey showed on Wednesday.

The British Retail Consortium said higher petrol and commodity prices lifted shop price inflation to 2.9 percent in June from 2.3 percent in May.

Food inflation rose to 5.7 percent from 4.9 percent -- the biggest rise since May 2009 -- while non-food inflation rose to 1.3 percent from 0.8 percent.

The lobby group added that food price inflation was running well below broader consumer price inflation, and 39 percent of all grocery items purchased were on promotion.

http://lindseywilliams101.blogspot.com/2010/11/lindsey-williams-dvds-january-2010.html

As Lindsey Williams said 18 months ago, there will be no food shortages, but food will become progressively more expensive for normal people.

Our psycopath world "elite" is proceeding with their lunatic plans of further enslaving the western populations.

The numbers are still half what they should be, and that's a conservative estimate.

Even baby food is now going up to full ticket all the time and no special offers and the jars are smaller.

Another 6 months of this and when compared to the quantity/weight of what you get for the price we'll have 100% inflation over 2 years IMO.

BRC no.s, So if food price inflation is 5.7% and running well below broader inflation what is that broader inflation and what do they reckon inflation will be soon as they lobby for more of the same in regards low rates?

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/07/06/uk-britain-prices-brc-idUKTRE76476H20110706

(Reuters) - Shop price inflation jumped last month to its highest rate since October 2008, led by a sharp rise in food prices, a survey showed on Wednesday.

The British Retail Consortium said higher petrol and commodity prices lifted shop price inflation to 2.9 percent in June from 2.3 percent in May.

Food inflation rose to 5.7 percent from 4.9 percent -- the biggest rise since May 2009 -- while non-food inflation rose to 1.3 percent from 0.8 percent.

The lobby group added that food price inflation was running well below broader consumer price inflation, and 39 percent of all grocery items purchased were on promotion.

But ... but ... the deflationists claim that you can't have inflation in a stagnant or shrinking economy. :lol:

Since we all know that strong inflation is synonymous with strong economic growth this must mean that the recovery is well and truly here. Yippee!

I wonder how much added value there is to eat away, though? I now go to my local supermarket and seem to be in a parallel dimension to some of the other shoppers.

If they were to switch to raw ingredients the saving would immediately wipe out even 100% inflation. This worries me, because I notice the cheap raw ingredients are going up, basics lines discontinued, etc.

How much is actual commodity inflation and how much is preserving margin for the supermarket?

If they were to switch to raw ingredients the saving would immediately wipe out even 100% inflation. This worries me, because I notice the cheap raw ingredients are going up, basics lines discontinued, etc.

no it doesn't...I remember bags of flour being about 30-50p, they are now sold out or 80p-£1.50 bag! :angry:

Oil is 15% off since May and OPEC fell apart.

When China has crashed and burned I doubt they'll be able to give it away.

I wonder how much added value there is to eat away, though? I now go to my local supermarket and seem to be in a parallel dimension to some of the other shoppers.

How much is actual commodity inflation and how much is preserving margin for the supermarket?

Sorry, but changing to something cheaper and more basic because your preferred option is getting too expensive doesn't 'wipe out inflation', it signifies that inflation is wiping out your standard of living.

As you've noticed, raw ingredients are also subject to rising prices so anyone who already chooses to buy ingredients and prepare their own food is going to experience inflation too.

By the way, I'm not slagging off doing your own food preparation instead of buying pre-processed food. But if people have to do it because they can't afford their preferred choice then it does represent a fall in living standards.

Oil is 15% off since May and OPEC fell apart.

When China has crashed and burned I doubt they'll be able to give it away.

Yes, lower demand from China may mean lower oil prices in the immediate term.

However, let's not confuse supply and demand with the insidious background effect of inflating the money supply.

Sorry, but changing to something cheaper and more basic because your preferred option is getting too expensive doesn't 'wipe out inflation', it signifies that inflation is wiping out your standard of living.

As you've noticed, raw ingredients are also subject to rising prices so anyone who already chooses to buy ingredients and prepare their own food is going to experience inflation too.

By the way, I'm not slagging off doing your own food preparation instead of buying pre-processed food. But if people have to do it because they can't afford their preferred choice then it does represent a fall in living standards.

On the positive side, I expect my fall in living standards from more expensive food, to be offset by a gain in living standards from the fortifying effects of ogling the soon-to-be improved bodies of the women of Britain.

Edited by General Congreve