House Price Crash Forum

Friend Put In Offer Of 115, Asking 135. Declined By Ea

HOLA441

Until vendors realise that their house isn't going to cover the debt they have on it you're on a hiding to nothing.

Not sure what you mean? Do you think that a vendor will default if they find they're in -ve equity? Don't think so. The vast majority will just sit tight, take advantage of low interest rates, and wait until inflation floats the price back up again.

Lack of supply ahead???

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

A very good friend of mine sent me this last night, made me laugh for a while. He's ben looking at getting a place for a while, but is desperate and wont spend more than he can afford or wants to spend.

Made an offer for £115,000 on an house listed at £135,000 on Saturday.

Today get the phone call saying "my offer has been rejected and how much would I like to increase my offer by?"

I say "my offer was £115,000"

He said, "yes that was to low, how much would you like to increase your offer by"

I reply, "No, that is my offer, £115,000"

Confused agent "So you don't want to increase your offer? I think you would have a much better chance of securing the house if you offer £125,000"

"If I thought it was worth £125,000 I would put my offer in at £125,000. I don't think its worth £125,000, I think its worth £115,000 so I offered £115,000"

"So you would like to stay with your offer of £115,000?"

"Yes"

"OK I will try that to the vendor then."

"So have you spoken to the vendor about my offer?"

"We didn't want to put such a low offer forward to the vendor whilst we have other parties interested in the property."

Pausing for a while....

" Well If there is another party also interested in the property, I had better rethink my offer."

( can sense the agent thinks I'm going to increase my offer )

"Can I formally withdraw my offer as I don't want to get involved in a bidding war with a 3rd party please."

"Withdraw.... But you could get this house for £125,000, you don't want to loose out do you..."

"You have my details don't you? Call me in 3 months when the house is still up for sale and I will make you anther offer based on the market then, but expect it to be lower than £115,000, OK?

The B*stards hung up on me !!!!!!

Shame as I quite liked the house, but still plenty more fish in the sea, its just I'm running out of Estate agents now....!

i had almost he same conversation with the broker / vendor of a narrowboat. wanted 34k. i said 26k, which was its real price having researched them for a couple of years. he comes back with no. so i say (this was while the broker called the vendor at home). ok, 27k max offer. vedor wants time to think.

three days later broker comes back with 29k no survey. i say id be better waiting as my savings were in gold and his boat was rusting steel. i said i felt sorry for the broker being in the middle, but i really didnt think it was worth what the vendor was willing to take.

3 months later.

called broker. is the boat still for sale ? yes. ok, id like to offer the vendor 26k with survey now.

broker: comes back. the vendor declined and is coming to yard to 'paint it' !!

this was about a month ago.

ill call in oct and be offering 23k with survey if still for sale.

HOLA443

Well in the last 2 weeks, i phoned about a house that looks like a repo the next day after it went to press and was told it is sold. Sent an email through rightmove regarding another house requiring work and received a reply the within 10 minutes saying it was sold.

Both have no SSTC on the agents details.

Someone's playing games.

my offer was accepted on a place in may. we are FINALLY supposed to exchange contracts on friday - but the property still doesn't say SSTC on rightmove / primelocation etc.

Never underestimate EAs ability to avoid doing their job, even if that is just making a status update on their own f#cking database.

Muppets all of 'em.

I wouldn't be too sure about the games though... I bumped into someone at a party last month and they said "hey! you've bought our house!" - WHAT? oh, they wanted it TOO. There are still buyers out there.... I should know!

PS I'm still an uber bear - but I can afford repayments, have 5 year fixed at 3.89% and want to get on with life.

HOLA444

PS I'm still an uber bear - but I can afford repayments, have 5 year fixed at 3.89% and want to get on with life.

...in a slave box working away to pay for that slavebox in some hellhole job, worried about ever missing a payment and losing it ALL.

dont you understand ? there is no life anymore. not until things change.

HOLA445

(...)

Shame as I quite liked the house, but still plenty more fish in the sea, its just I'm running out of Estate agents now....!

:lol:

I know the feeling. I am having the same problem with my local area's letting agents. Apparently we are difficult customers, 'cause we want a 3 years contract, and be allowed to have children and pets. You know, a normal life! "Sorry!".

HOLA446

another reason threads like this deserve the general odium of this forum is it attracts people that like to tell us about how they are exchanging a pile of gold to buy a boat, and others recounting dinner party conversations where BTLers compare notes on repos they have bid on, and choosing to inform the forum of their mortgage deal. its like reading red indians bragging about their shiny beads they just swapped for Manhattan.

we are on the verge of economic armageddon. houseboats and mortgage deals FFS. cant these chumps leave for MSE?

HOLA447

another reason threads like this deserve the general odium of this forum is it attracts people that like to tell us about how they are exchanging a pile of gold to buy a boat, and others recounting dinner party conversations where BTLers compare notes on repos they have bid on, and choosing to inform the forum of their mortgage deal. its like reading red indians bragging about their shiny beads they just swapped for Manhattan.

we are on the verge of economic armageddon. houseboats and mortgage deals FFS. cant these chumps leave for MSE?

What a troll. Grow up.

HOLA448
HOLA449

my offer was accepted on a place in may. we are FINALLY supposed to exchange contracts on friday - but the property still doesn't say SSTC on rightmove / primelocation etc.

Never underestimate EAs ability to avoid doing their job, even if that is just making a status update on their own f#cking database.

They often won't change that unless the buyer explicitly asks them to. They may still be marketing the property.

HOLA4410

Agentimmo

sacre bleu, cest un imbecile. Ferme la bouche, mange de la merde, brûle en enfer et casse-toi.

Il me fait pleurer

et tu me fais chier, muppet. B)

vas sucer ta mere comme un ours, since the EA office seems to be slow today........

<puts the troll on ignore>

HOLA4411

et tu me fais chier, muppet. B)

vas sucer ta mere comme un ours, since the EA office seems to be slow today........

<puts the troll on ignore>

I'm not going to put him on ignore - it's the first EA troll we've had on for a long while. Ah, them were the days, when they were ten a penny. That was just before the great crash of '08.

Is this a sign that we are in for our next big fall, with EA's coming back out of the wookwork, getting all angry at us?

HOLA4412

his Franglais is terrifying. lets hope he is ignoring me, he is no Maupassant.

apparently if you criticise those that tell stories about buying property, on www.housepricecrash.co.uk of all places, you must be an EA. I thought EAs liked to brag about their mortgage deals, but even they stopped late 2007. the only ones making daft decisions like buying a UK property come on threads like this. i would have thought this was the last place on earth to find them.

115k is likely to be far too high to offer on whatever the crummy property was, and 23k is certainly too much for a "houseboat". someone will be bragging about buying a beach hut for £40k on here soon. it makes the bile reach my throat.

HOLA4413

another reason threads like this deserve the general odium of this forum

-SNIP-

I imagine it is pretty tough for EAs at the moment.. certainly the ones I have met are far less arrogant than many were in the mid 2000s.

I don't envy the job right now, I can see why threads like this wind you up.. but you have to look at the detail of the OP.

It's not a dig at EAs generally.. it's an anecdotal about one of the OPs mates besting a particular EA in a game of negotiation. Sounds like the EA in question had a bad day.. but I'm sure he's man enough to brush it off as part an parcel of the job.

If he can't take the knock of the odd failed negotiation he probably shouldn't be doing the job. (Plus, he was basically fronting having not even consulted the vendor in the first place so he was really asking for trouble from the off!)

HOLA4414

his Franglais is terrifying. lets hope he is ignoring me, he is no Maupassant.

apparently if you criticise those that tell stories about buying property, on www.housepricecrash.co.uk of all places, you must be an EA. I thought EAs liked to brag about their mortgage deals, but even they stopped late 2007. the only ones making daft decisions like buying a UK property come on threads like this. i would have thought this was the last place on earth to find them.

115k is likely to be far too high to offer on whatever the crummy property was, and 23k is certainly too much for a "houseboat". someone will be bragging about buying a beach hut for £40k on here soon. it makes the bile reach my throat.

I like this one. Can we keep him?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

hannibal cigar stompie, i have read the brainnumbing "OP". he had a "friend" that bid to buy a house in the UK. he offered near to the asking price. the EA would have accepted but presumably there is a greedy vendor. the biggest fool is the person bidding to buy a house in the UK. i presume the "friend" is either Chinese or is Konnie Huq, I cannot believe anyone here has any friends looking to buy UK property. I would disown any friend even contemplating buying a house in the UK. i would rather kiss a leper than even talk to someone bidding to buy a UK property. i treat such souls with derision. i would rather invite a paedophile to dinner. against such criminals, an EA is just some office slave paid beads to do a shockingly thankless job.

in djinis world EAs set houseprices. it is in no way vendors grteed, adding selling costs on to their mortgage, mewings and house loans, plus a bit of cream as a starting point. it is EAs that is pricing properties at such levels that transactions are historic lows, not vendors with mindnumbing debts, being allowed to be greedy by lax interest rates. i spit in the guys face.

Edited by ManorHouseOwner

HOLA4417

-SNIP-

I would disown any friend even contemplating buying a house in the UK. i would rather kiss a leper than even talk to someone bidding to buy a UK property. i treat such souls with derision. i would rather invite a paedophile to dinner. against such criminals, an EA is just some office slave paid beads to do a shockingly thankless job.

Meh, you're gonna fit in just fine :D

HOLA4418

hannibal cigar stompie, i have read the brainnumbing "OP". he had a "friend" that bid to buy a house in the UK. he offered near to the asking price. the EA would have accepted but presumably there is a greedy vendor. the biggest fool is the person bidding to buy a house in the UK. i presume the "friend" is either Chinese or is Konnie Huq, I cannot believe anyone here has any friends looking to buy UK property. I would disown any friend even contemplating buying a house in the UK. i would rather kiss a leper than even talk to someone bidding to buy a UK property. i treat such souls with derision. i would rather invite a paedophile to dinner. against such criminals, an EA is just some office slave paid beads to do a shockingly thankless job.

in djinis world EAs set houseprices. it is in no way vendors grteed, adding selling costs on to their mortgage, mewings and house loans, plus a bit of cream as a starting point. it is EAs that is pricing properties at such levels that transactions are historic lows, not vendors with mindnumbing debts, being allowed to be greedy by lax interest rates. i spit in the guys face.

I have no idea why I like you, but I do.

Poursuivre, mon ami!

HOLA4419

It's not often I agree with GB, but his opinion of you seems to be similar to mine :lol:

HOLA4420

It's not often I agree with GB, but his opinion of you seems to be similar to mine :lol:

wolfie obviously likes people that bid for uk property at utterly stupid prices like the OPs mate. no wonder he agrees with the blind, psychotic Gordon.

i dont like people that are bidding to buy uk property in 2011. i like them less if they then come on a website called www.housepricecrash.co.uk, and write long winded emails about how a "friend" called someone up in an office. who cares, when i heard he bid on a house, i lost all sympathy. even if he called up Mugabe, i would side with the syphillitic african butcher. he bid more than 80% of the asking price for heavens sake. i would rather cheese grate my manhood than read such bollockios again.

www.housepricecrash.co.uk should never turn into a home buyers convention, moaning about how estate agents are "blocking their deals". there are too many threads like that, and it is odious.

as for people that brag about buying houseboats and their 5 year fixed mortgages. i would rather read djinis postings that have to ensure that. who are these cretins and where did they come from. never got it in the earlier days of this forum.

Edited by ManorHouseOwner

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

wolfie obviously likes people that bid for uk property at utterly stupid prices like the OPs mate. no wonder he agrees with the blind, psychotic Gordon.

i dont like people that are bidding to buy uk property in 2011. i like them less if they then come on a website called www.housepricecrash.co.uk, and write long winded emails about how a "friend" called someone up in an office. who cares, when i heard he bid on a house, i lost all sympathy. even if he called up Mugabe, i would side with the syphillitic african butcher. he bid more than 80% of the asking price for heavens sake. i would rather cheese grate my manhood than read such bollockios again.

www.housepricecrash.co.uk should never turn into a home buyers convention, moaning about how estate agents are "blocking their deals". there are too many threads like that, and it is odious.

as for people that brag about buying houseboats and their 5 year fixed mortgages. i would rather read djinis postings that have to ensure that. who are these cretins and where did they come from. never got it in the earlier days of this forum.

You are Will Self, AICMGN (*)

(*) = Gold Nugget.

HOLA4423

I have no idea why I like you, but I do.

Poursuivre, mon ami!

i know why i like lambie. it is obvious to all right thinking people on here.

unlike the other franglais peddlar you use a conjugative verb in a way that you could not have gotten from google translation. a man of erudition and a high liver. and you dont brag about buying houses, houseboats or your latest mortgage deal, presumably because you have some decency. and you realise www.housepricecrash.co.uk is not the place for such behaviour.

HOLA4424

Couldn't the idiot agent just advise the 'other interested parties' to all offer 115k also so the owner then realises that's the true value and the agent will get one of those rare achievements which is called 'a sale'.

Why bother trying to create a drawn out bidding war for a couple of % commision.

HOLA4425

You are Will Self, AICMGN (*)

(*) = Gold Nugget.

After being called an Estate Agent and troll, Will Self is one hell of an upgrade, and a bit OTT.

i am merely a very rare poster on here fed up with reading threads with people moaning about Estate Agents blocking their property deals. there are more than 2 a day on here and it should stop. it belongs on singingpig, landlordzone and other hellholes.