House Price Crash Forum
guitarman001

Getting Agitated

I found out recently that a co-worker got his semi-detached for £60k almost 10 years ago (and is still paying it off). Same houses in the street now cost £195k. What a complete chump's game. Been at home 5 years already and sick of this situation. Plunge myself into unbelievable debt or stay at home (lucky I've got the option) (or of course, get out of here!). It's truly just unbelievable - housing should be around £60k NOW. I can't see the end, can't see the HPC... all I see are new schemes and money printing. Too big to fail. Utterly depressed about the entire situation - generations completely screwed over. It's treason.

Edited by guitarman001

I found out recently that a co-worker got his semi-detached for £60k almost 10 years ago (and is still paying it off). Same houses in the street now cost £195k. What a complete chump's game. Been at home 5 years already and sick of this situation. Plunge myself into unbelievable debt or stay at home (lucky I've got the option) (or of course, get out of here!). It's truly just unbelievable - housing should be around £60k NOW. I can't see the end, can't see the HPC... all I see are new schemes and money printing. Too big to fail. Utterly depressed about the entire situation - generations completely screwed over. It's treason.

Chill out man. This site is suppose to inform and educate, not depress and anger.

What you have there in your situation is a lucky fellow. But did this person MEW their equity out like so many?

Get angry about something that will drive your life, and make you set some positive goals.

Fuming over a few lucky house gamblers is not worth it.

There are plenty of property losers too, don't forget the balance.

EDIT: Consider it a kick it the bum to get you into action then. Move abroad and enjoy the world before it really starts getting messy with the nouveau-pax-America war mongers versus everybody.

Edited by cashinmattress

You're not the only one. Had a close escape last week and no longer happy to be holding cash. Need to be looking elsewhere.

Doubt I'll buy a house though :P

No idea if he MEWED but at that price I would have had it paid off years ago.

I funnel my anger into getting better at my job, but for what? Property costs a bomb in most places where my profession in based (near big cities).

£60k!! Mate of mine 'bought' a £180k house, has two kids, 1 income of £30k... FORTY year mortgage, is completely skint! I've spent several years on here looking at facts but I'm just SO tired of it all now, something has to change and pronto.

Chill out man. This site is suppose to inform and educate, not depress and anger.

What you have there in your situation is a lucky fellow. But did this person MEW their equity out like so many?

Get angry about something that will drive your life, and make you set some positive goals.

Fuming over a few lucky house gamblers is not worth it.

There are plenty of property losers too, don't forget the balance.

I say go for it, let out the anger, there is plenty to be angry about.

This site has room to be angry, and to make others angry too. This poster clearly sees how things have shafted him, forcing him to live at home.

Yes, if was born a decade earlier, I too could have bought a house for £50K. The only saving grace is to keep positive. You can see more opportunities when your mind is positive and clear. Zen and all that. Keep saving, (not necessarily all in cash, get some metal the g/s bugs will tell you) you WILL have the last laugh whilst Rome burns.

I'm reading How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (the founder of Dennis Publishing). A great book in how to stay determined and be driven, and that eventually you will succeed (it's not just about gettting rich). Get it second hand for less than the price of a C*ster Coffee.

I always used to say that yeah, life goes on... and it does. But year after year of living in this one room (shared!) at home approaching my 30s, in a profession where years ago I would be able to afford something decent... it's infuriating! You DO miss out on things, life IS being put on hold to a degree whether you want to admit it or not. You sit next to elders who have benefited greatly and some can't see the problem of it all. Then as the day ends I come back and know it will be like this for years to come unless something drastic happens. We've been totally shafted!

Yes, if was born a decade earlier, I too could have bought a house for £50K. The only saving grace is to keep positive. You can see more opportunities when your mind is positive and clear. Zen and all that. Keep saving, (not necessarily all in cash, get some metal the g/s bugs will tell you) you WILL have the last laugh whilst Rome burns.

I'm reading How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis (the founder of Dennis Publishing). A great book in how to stay determined and be driven, and that eventually you will succeed (it's not just about gettting rich). Get it second hand for less than the price of a C*ster Coffee.

I still reckon I'm too late for getting into gold. Near peak now, but then that's what I said last time. Seeing as I've been getting shafted I thought I'd turn my hand to shares - lost big-time. Luckily I had half put in NS&I index-linked... and now building up that lost money again. Knowing my luck it will all be made worthless then I'll top myself.

I'm very driven - at my job and out of it (guitar, learning German, sports etc).. but I just don't see the point anymore.

I always used to say that yeah, life goes on... and it does. But year after year of living in this one room (shared!) at home approaching my 30s, in a profession where years ago I would be able to afford something decent... it's infuriating! You DO miss out on things, life IS being put on hold to a degree whether you want to admit it or not. You sit next to elders who have benefited greatly and some can't see the problem of it all. Then as the day ends I come back and know it will be like this for years to come unless something drastic happens. We've been totally shafted!

I'm coming up to 32, my father bought his first house at the same age in 1978 (the next year it doubled in value, pricing out all their friends).

You've got some time to play with. I don't think you'll end up at 37 still waiting, as you have been preparing for much longer than most.

What have you missed out on? FFS dude, for most of my 20's and 30's I was poor, but I forced myself to continue learning and earning, even in the face of adversity. Even with a meagre tuppence to live on I had a great time, learned to crew, learned to cook well, learned to live comfortably on scraps, finished uni, kept fit, got to travel on my old banger of a motorcycle, advanced in my grades in classical guitar, etc...

Why not turn off the television and get your head screwed on right? Get yourself into a social circle whose values do not drive you into fits of depression.

Stay off the wacky baccy as well.

Where are you based? A semi even 10 years ago for £60k seems cheap. There are houses here in Yorkshire for £60-70k not semi's but terraced. Semi's I think start from £90k mark, so its not totally beyond the realms of possibility. Of course if you are anywhere near London, then you are screwed, even with the mythical "London salary."

I'm coming up to 32, my father bought his first house at the same age in 1978 (the next year it doubled in value, pricing out all their friends).

You've got some time to play with. I don't think you'll end up at 37 still waiting, as you have been preparing for much longer than most.

banks....just have to love them.

I totally see where you are coming from, I had to stop coming on here for abit as my frustration was becoming a problem.

There is a war on, a just war, it is being fought in Greece and needs to be fought here. Banker occupation as Max Kieser would say. Something needs to change and I would fight for it.

In the mean time have a holiday or treat yourself to something nice.

What have you missed out on? FFS dude, for most of my 20's and 30's I was poor, but I forced myself to continue learning and earning, even in the face of adversity. Even with a meagre tuppence to live on I had a great time, learned to crew, learned to cook well, learned to live comfortably on scraps, finished uni, kept fit, got to travel on my old banger of a motorcycle, advanced in my grades in classical guitar, etc...

Why not turn off the television and get your head screwed on right? Get yourself into a social circle whose values do not drive you into fits of depression.

Stay off the wacky baccy as well.

Giore man, that's the only thing stopping me going out and murdering MPs, banksters and BTLers!! Quick, pass the bong, I feel murderous venom rising up again!!

I thought I'd turn my hand to shares - lost big-time.

You need to have a long term strategy with shares (5 years or more is normally recommended), and buy in slowly over time.

Have you sold up the shares you bought, or are you still holding them?

Edit: Spelling

Edited by SpectrumFX

I'm just back from a 2-week holiday - christ, the weather sucks here. And so do the people (round my way, anyway). Still 50/50 on whether I want to be here or not! In the meantime, still livid. It IS a war and I would take part unreservedly. If blowing up the houses of parliament would do the trick I would get in on that deal. I'm thinking about taking a lot more action (locally) than I have done (basically just commenting on online articles and spreading the word to those I know).

Snap! 3 years of an apprenticeship, temped for 1.5 years before that, you kinda get used to being skint and living...

You need to have a long term strategy with shares (5 years or more is normally recommended), and buy in slowly over time.

Have you sold up the shares you bought, or are you still holding them?

Edit: Spelling

I decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at the AIM; oh how wrong was I.... sold my OTC shares and glad I did as they're plummeting. However I still hold the majority of the rest, and will do so until I die if I can help it. (Gold miners... unfortunately hedge funds seem to be going long on gold and short on the miners, screwing me over completely).

There's a lot I can't do whilst I'm stuck in this shared bedroom... I see your point and yes I get out and do a lot of things (and I was skint too whilst at uni!)... but I'm just furious, absolutely furious in general. EDIT - and so should you be!

Edited by guitarman001

I still reckon I'm too late for getting into gold. Near peak now, but then that's what I said last time. Seeing as I've been getting shafted I thought I'd turn my hand to shares - lost big-time. Luckily I had half put in NS&I index-linked... and now building up that lost money again. Knowing my luck it will all be made worthless then I'll top myself.

I'm very driven - at my job and out of it (guitar, learning German, sports etc).. but I just don't see the point anymore.

Shares are difficult to make money in for anyone starting out. You have to pay the "entry fee" first and become older and wiser and then you'll probably only break even.

I think one should put 10-20% into the metal, regardless of price. The good thing is, it is difficult to sell the metal on an emotional whim. Cash and shares are too easy to feel down on, and then you'll spend it/sell at a loss.

Shares are difficult to make money in for anyone starting out. You have to pay the "entry fee" first and become older and wiser and then you'll probably only break even.

I think one should put 10-20% into the metal, regardless of price. The good thing is, it is difficult to sell the metal on an emotional whim. Cash and shares are too easy to feel down on, and then you'll spend it/sell at a loss.

Stocks and shares are a sucker bet unless you have insider knowledge, or are genuinely lucky.

There are plenty of other ways to make a legitimate fortune, but the problem with them is that they conflict with the lazy character of the contemporary Brit, which is graft, toil, and sacrifice.

Anyway - back to the topic. We're getting shafted. Some of you have been here nigh on a decade and next to nowt is happening.

Someting is happening - this country is remorsely heading towards the reject bin.

i) Find a way of servicing clients with your skills remotely/online.

ii) Find a proper country to live the rest of your life, one that is as removed from a bankster state as possible.