Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

30,000 In Wales Off Benefits To No Job, Says Report

Recommended Posts

£100m job creation scheme
Job creation. Oh dear. That sounds like a disaster.

Need the assembly to stand up for lower shelter costs and then lower the minimum wage. Same living standard initially followed by more employers coming in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many employers in Wales are already subsidised too! I used to work in one of the major factories in North Wales and I know that barely made a profit even with government grants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be unbelievable numbers of people in places like Wales on long term disability. I watched a show once about steel mills shutting down somewhere in England, and how so much of the population is on long term disability like 15 years after the plant shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There must be unbelievable numbers of people in places like Wales on long term disability. I watched a show once about steel mills shutting down somewhere in England, and how so much of the population is on long term disability like 15 years after the plant shut down.

The figure in this report is now being reported elsewhere in Wales as 70,000 and not 30,000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The figure in this report is now being reported elsewhere in Wales as 70,000 and not 30,000

Sounds about right, possibly low. Wales has a workforce of 1.5 million. So about 5% of the workforce is on long term disability. And of course not counted on the unemployed statistics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The figure in this report is now being reported elsewhere in Wales as 70,000 and not 30,000

I am confused, is it 70,000 losing incapacity benefit, or is that the total receiving the benefit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either theyll rekindle some work ethic and wheel, deal, do odd jobs. Or starve.

How it should be.

Or steal.

And when you have big corporations / technology destroying jobs just what options are there?

Perhaps they can progress to scavenging on land fill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
“Now, however, the PU allocate the staff and the individual programme producers are responsible for budgets, rather than the overall departments. It was meant to be a cost-cutting measure but it has backfired spectacularly and has been completely mismanaged to the extent that it is costing the licence payer hundreds of thousands of pounds in lost productivity.

“Sports staff, for example, used to work on other programmes when the rugby and football seasons came to an end. Their salaries would be paid as normal. But with individual programme producers now being billed by the PU, any staff movement to a different programme results in an extra cost for that programme.

“Unsurprisingly, few producers now want to use the unallocated staff. What used to be free now comes at a cost in terms of their wages. This might make economic sense if it applied to freelancers. When off air there is no reason to pay freelance workers. But we are talking about dozens of salaried staff, who will be paid anyway.”

Reading this it has quite a few floors, why are the staff paid for not working, if they are working say 80% on football then 80% of their salary should come from that and the other 20% when working elsewhere. It appears the management/unions have really screwed this up. Although that's not really a surprise.

Lost productivity the cornerstone of British success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 284 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.