House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
getdoon_weebobby

Question About Rates And Previously Sold For Prices

FirstIy, is there a way of finding out what the annual rates bill on a property would be if you know its location and rateable value?

Secondly, is it still the case that there is somewhere in Belfast you can go pay I think £3 and see what a house previously sold for?

Regards

Weebobby

2 links on attached link. Get individual Capital Value or Rateable Value (RV) then use calculator for council area. I think property pal sometimes gives the rates payable if the prop is listed for sale.

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/property-and-housing/rates/your-rate-bill/how-rate-bills-are-calculated.htm

Re sold prices - land registry - http://www.dfpni.gov.uk/lps/index/contact_details-2/land_registration_offices.htm

Up from Europa bus centre - I think it is something like £3.50 to view then another £3.50 for a printout. It is pot luck if you get the previous sold price as, my understanding is, it is not a legal requirement. I have been lucky 1 in 3 tries. You can see however if there is a charge against the property (IVA/bankrupt). More common than you might think.

Good luck with your search.

cheers

the place i was looking at has a RV of £225,000 . It doesnt show up this info on propertypal , thats why i had to ask .

the EA said the owner didnt know as it had never been occupied( better sell before they have to start paying in october then!) but that they thought around £2000. rateable website says £1500 so ill keep that to myself!!

weebobby