House Price Crash Forum
Maddog21

Mod Loses Track Of £6Bn Worth Of Equipment

Only £6bn unbelieveable!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mod-loses-track-of-6bn-worth-of-equipment-2307232.html

MoD loses track of £6bn worth of equipment

The Ministry of Defence has been urged by MPs to get a grip of stock control problems which have left it unable to account for billions of pounds-worth of military equipment.

The Commons Defence Committee said it was "dismayed" that the National Audit Office had qualified the MoD's accounts for the fourth year in succession after it lost track of assets worth £6.3 billion - including £184 million-worth of radios. It said the MoD must speed up its plans for sorting out the problems with its stock control system - currently expected to continue for another two to four years.

"It is alarming that the department should be unaware of the location, usability or indeed the continued existence of assets to a total value of £6.3 billion," it said.

"We recommend that the department take whatever measures are necessary to expedite the process of ensuring that it knows how much stock it has, where it is and in what condition.

"We expect to see an abbreviated timetable for achieving this, and an explanation of the measures taken to achieve it, in the response to this report."

Defence Secretary Dr Liam Fox said: "As I have repeatedly said, the Ministry of Defence has not managed its resources well for many years.

"We inherited a multi-billion pound deficit in defence from the previous government that was characterised by waste and inefficiency under Labour. That must change.

"While there are specific difficulties in managing assets in war zones across the globe, we must have better systems in place to accurately track what resources are held and where.

"I announced major defence reforms last week to deliver clearer structures and financial responsibility across the department.

"This will be implemented at pace and I wish to see demonstrable improvement in the MoD's inventory management."

Hi MOD

There is a large delta winged nuclear bomber near Coventry Airport.

Quite old....sometimes it flies at airshows.

hopefully you know about it.

The Commons Defence Committee said it was "dismayed" that the National Audit Office had qualified the MoD's accounts for the fourth year in succession after it lost track of assets worth £6.3 billion - including £184 million-worth of radios.

It's so easily done, nothing to see here... and what's the point of a government worrying about money when it can just print as much as it likes. Don't know how to print, eh, but know a man who can: arise Sir Merv.

Suspect this is them claiming to buy radios but spending the money on other secret stuff or stuffing it in suitcases and handing it to dodgy characters around the world? :unsure:

6 billion slush fund?

Who was it? Bart? Doccy Boy? We need to know!

Must have been me, I'm the absent minded one.

Must be around here somewhere.

Although it would be hard to lose £184 million worth of anything down the back of my sofa.

£6,000,000,000 is chicken feed, probably lost down the back of an MoD sofa.

Back on the day before 9/11 Donald Rumsfeld announced that $2,300,000,000,000 (two point three trillion) was unaccounted for at the Pentagon.

Unfortunately, the very next day some followers of a bloke in a cave in Afghanistan destroyed the relevant records and we never did find out where the money went ...

Hi MOD

There is a large delta winged nuclear bomber near Coventry Airport.

Quite old....sometimes it flies at airshows.

hopefully you know about it.

Think I saw that on e-Bay.

I'm sure all the radios were just 'nicked from work'. When you only pay soldiers seven and six to risk their lives, they tend to find better things than tax credits to top up their wages.

It's interesting how much treasure looted by the Nazis during the war later turned up in flea markets, including the only piece of the fabled Amber Room ever found.

hah, justa few days ago the top brass were having a go at the government, saying that the war was lost.

Guess they have some paperwork to do now eh? That'll teach 'em to rile a beaurocrat.

My SA80 went missing on my return to the UK back in 2003 - even went as far as the SQMS ringing me at home asking if I had it, sarcastically told him I'd check under my bed so he billed me the £70 for the missing bayonet and he said if he could he'd have billed me for the rifle :( that's £400 of assets gone.

A mate of mine who left the Army back in 2007 has nearly £20k worth of kayaks in his garage. ;)

Two brand-new £5k televisions walked from a facility near Lulworth Cove - for the security it would have to be an inside job.

hah, justa few days ago the top brass were having a go at the government, saying that the war was lost.

Guess they have some paperwork to do now eh? That'll teach 'em to rile a beaurocrat.

:lol:

Yeah right. Paperwork? Wossat.

Don't they know that armies are the world's most inefficient organisations.

I feel it's time for Sgt Bilko and Pte Harry Speakup

slapstick7.jpg