House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ash4781

Beko Fridge/ Freezers

The bbc had a piece on certain fridge/ freezer from beko causing fires. Also a chap fromthe companu was on. Both rentals I have been in had this brand. Not sure what models are affected?

The bbc had a piece on certain fridge/ freezer from beko causing fires. Also a chap fromthe companu was on. Both rentals I have been in had this brand. Not sure what models are affected?

Responsible for about 20 fires and 1 fatality :o

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/07/05/fire-chiefs-warning-over-beko-fridge-freezers-115875-23247903/

Fire chiefs are warning families of a potential hazard in the kitchen after certain models of Beko fridge freezers were blamed for a spate of house fires.

Around 500,000 units are believed to be in homes and owners are being urged to check model numbers amid a recall to see if it is one of those highlighted by Beko as being potentially affected.

London Fire Brigade has pinpointed a link between a series of blazes and a Beko product after a tower block inferno in Bermondsey, South East London, last week. Investigators yesterday revealed a dodgy defroster timer was the cause of around 20 fires in London alone.

Read link for more detail on models.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/07/05/fire-chiefs-warning-over-beko-fridge-freezers-115875-23247903/

Contact Beko & your landlord/agent asap to verify, if it were me I would be turning off the appliance if in any doubt

Beko

Tel: +44 (0) 845 600 4904

Fax: +44 (0) 845 600 4925

Customer Services

Tel: +44 (0) 845 600 4911

Beko plc United Kingdom

Beko House

Caxton Way

Watford

Herts

WD18 8UF

Also see https://refsafety.beko.co.uk/ (page not loading at the moment)

Some friends of mine have a Beko fridge/freezer, seems a pretty decent unit for the price.

I'll let them know about this just in case they haven't been contacted.

Just on the trading standards recall site. Seems its been up there for a while. Presumably the notices go into newspapers? Who reads them Interesting to view the recalls. There is a step ladder that apparently may collapse if used.

Can someone tell me why my freezer needs defrosting every month?

The door won't close because ice keeps building up. What causes it?

Thank yew in advance :ph34r:

Can someone tell me why my freezer needs defrosting every month?

The door won't close because ice keeps building up. What causes it?

Thank yew in advance :ph34r:

You have got a colony of wild polar bears living in it.

It'll be because they leave the door open and go in without drying off after being in the sink.

Had a Beko Colour TV CRT a while back, was excellent. I think they are a good budget brand. Sure I've had a Beko fridge/freezer at some point too.

Had a Beko Colour TV CRT a while back, was excellent.

I had one too, picture kept freezing :rolleyes: I'll get me coat

September '77
Port Elizabeth weather fine
It was business as usual
In police room 619
Oh Biko, Biko, because Biko
Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja
-The man is dead

When I try to sleep at night
I can only dream in red
The outside world is black and white
With only one colour dead
Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja
-The man is dead

You can blow out a candle
But you can't blow out a fire
Once the flames begin to catch
The wind will blow it higher
Yihla Moja, Yihla Moja
-The man is dead

And the eyes of the world are
watching now
watching now

Not to stereotype. Oh, ok to stereotype. But everytime the 'exploding electronics' newspieces strike the local families are usually chavs, and its usually on a chav estate.

Could just be that most poor people are lazy and all sorts of crap gathers at the back of the fridge around the electronics and fires start.

Not to stereotype. Oh, ok to stereotype. But everytime the 'exploding electronics' newspieces strike the local families are usually chavs, and its usually on a chav estate.

Could just be that most poor people are lazy and all sorts of crap gathers at the back of the fridge around the electronics and fires start.

Blimey that's some interesting logic. Perhaps poor People are forced to buy cheaper appliances and therefore are disproportionally affected?