House Price Crash Forum
interestrateripoff

World's Narrowest House Which Is Crammed Into An Alleyway Is Just 60 Inches Wide And Hasn't Even Got Room For Stairs

It will never get a fire safety certificate.

Put an exit into the roof, and turn the roof into a fire slide....

When I looked at it I was wondering if there was a fire how would you get out of the oven?

Bubblicious.

If it was used for storage & insulating side passage walls of semi detached properties it makes sense.

Perhaps they could be used as emergency, last resort shelter for the homeless /dogs.

Otherwise, It is a new low in housing and below the dignity of anyone else imo.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

If it was used for storage & insulating side passage walls of semi detached properties it makes sense.

Perhaps they could be used as emergency, last resort shelter for the homeless /dogs.

Otherwise, It is a new low in housing and below the dignity of anyone else imo.

whether it is below someone's dignity surely depends on the price; it IS self-contained which is more than you can dsay for a bedsit

whether it is below someone's dignity surely depends on the price; it IS self-contained which is more than you can't say for a bedsit

Fair points, the dignity debate is big one.

How much space does a person require before it is below their dignity? I suggest greatly reduced width of a property is not replaced by height .

Looking at the total floor space, there are comparable apartments in Tokyo.

I also assume the stairs lift-up? Otherwise it's not the most secure place once someone jumps the gate!

Fair points, the dignity debate is big one.

How much space does a person require before it is below their dignity? I suggest greatly reduced width of a property is not replaced by height .

If it is in a city centre and most of your life is in work or out and about then it seems pretty fair. In that case your living room is really the city around you.

I have seen small flats developed in the yorkshire dales and lake district and they seem bizarre by comparison, not like you can lounge around cafes; but inner city to save you some commuting whilst young and out and about seems fair to me, if you don't want to share a place. I'd tend to rent rather than buy, these things make sense constructed and maintained in bulk is my guess.

How do you get on the bean bag? Surely a better use of that space would be a vase of twigs?

You can sit on the bean bag once the stairs have retracted and the thing has taken off.

We very rarely entertained friends at our pad in Tokyo - just too small. Instead we hung out at restaurants nearby which are open until midnight (if they close at all!), with no pressure to leave and where tipping is offensive. At the time (five years ago) a reasonable meal and unlimited hot / cold soft drinks could be had for around £6 in Yen.

Edited by rantnrave

We very rarely entered friends at our pad in Tokyo - just too small. Instead we hung out at restaurants nearby which are open until midnight (if they close at all!), with no pressure to leave and where tipping is offensive. At the time (five years ago) a reasonable meal and unlimited hot / cold soft drinks could be had for around £6 in Yen.

So.... impossible here then. :lol::lol:

So.... impossible here then. :lol::lol:

Aye. On the one hand, I miss that kind of lifestyle. On the other hand, such meet ups were rare because so many of us had to work late into the evenings...