House Price Crash Forum

World's Narrowest House Which Is Crammed Into An Alleyway Is Just 60 Inches Wide And Hasn't Even Got Room For Stairs

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Bubblicious.

If it was used for storage & insulating side passage walls of semi detached properties it makes sense.

Perhaps they could be used as emergency, last resort shelter for the homeless /dogs.

Otherwise, It is a new low in housing and below the dignity of anyone else imo.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA446

If it was used for storage & insulating side passage walls of semi detached properties it makes sense.

Perhaps they could be used as emergency, last resort shelter for the homeless /dogs.

Otherwise, It is a new low in housing and below the dignity of anyone else imo.

whether it is below someone's dignity surely depends on the price; it IS self-contained which is more than you can dsay for a bedsit

HOLA447

whether it is below someone's dignity surely depends on the price; it IS self-contained which is more than you can't say for a bedsit

Fair points, the dignity debate is big one.

How much space does a person require before it is below their dignity? I suggest greatly reduced width of a property is not replaced by height .

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Fair points, the dignity debate is big one.

How much space does a person require before it is below their dignity? I suggest greatly reduced width of a property is not replaced by height .

If it is in a city centre and most of your life is in work or out and about then it seems pretty fair. In that case your living room is really the city around you.

I have seen small flats developed in the yorkshire dales and lake district and they seem bizarre by comparison, not like you can lounge around cafes; but inner city to save you some commuting whilst young and out and about seems fair to me, if you don't want to share a place. I'd tend to rent rather than buy, these things make sense constructed and maintained in bulk is my guess.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

We very rarely entertained friends at our pad in Tokyo - just too small. Instead we hung out at restaurants nearby which are open until midnight (if they close at all!), with no pressure to leave and where tipping is offensive. At the time (five years ago) a reasonable meal and unlimited hot / cold soft drinks could be had for around £6 in Yen.

Edited by rantnrave

HOLA4413

We very rarely entered friends at our pad in Tokyo - just too small. Instead we hung out at restaurants nearby which are open until midnight (if they close at all!), with no pressure to leave and where tipping is offensive. At the time (five years ago) a reasonable meal and unlimited hot / cold soft drinks could be had for around £6 in Yen.

So.... impossible here then. :lol::lol:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415