House Price Crash Forum

Abortion For A Cleft Palate?

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2011092/Aborted-cleft-palate-Thousands-pregnancies-aborted-abnormalities-including-500-Downs.html

2,290 abortions due to foetal medical problems last year

35,000 abortions among under-16s since 2002

40 terminations since 2002 due to cleft palate fears

Why would you abort for a cleft palate? It's not a really life threatening condition is it? Plus it's quite a straight forward op to fix.

HOLA442

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2011092/Aborted-cleft-palate-Thousands-pregnancies-aborted-abnormalities-including-500-Downs.html

Why would you abort for a cleft palate? It's not a really life threatening condition is it? Plus it's quite a straight forward op to fix.

Jessie Jackson was born with a cleft palate and was corrected many year ago

Same for club foot which can be treated.....Stephen Gerrard was born with it and was corrected

HOLA443

Saw a documentary on C4 a year or 2 back saying they would (NHS actively encouraged) abortions for club feet. I had a club foot, and am glad i wasnt aborted. Though the NHS did screw up the diagnosis after birth, and instead of massaging (how you can get rid of it if caught early), i had to go through lengthy surgery when i was 2/3. Luckily my dad had private health at the time, so that went well. If id been waiting on the NHS, probably would have a zimmerframe by now.

Just one of my personal hates with the National death service NHS.

anyway...

Read a thread on David Icke recently that pointed out the insanity of the US legal system, where it is legal to kill an infant if you are the mother, but if you, say as a gunman kill a mother AND foetus, you get DOUBLE homicide - That is to say its not the life of the child that matters, its simply whether the mother deems that life worthy of life.

Personally (but certainly not for religious reasons) I think unless it presents a danger to the mothers life, is likely to be born a with SEVER disabilities or rape (ie not explainable through the mother and fathers ignorance/irresponsibility and poor family planning) its wrong. All the pro-abortion arguments surround dehumanizing the foetus, its textbook Nazi-ism

HOWEVER, given people will still do it, i wouldnt criminalise it, i just find it a disgrace that my taxes go on it in the NHS. If they want to murder their offspring, at least use your own money to pay for it.

HOLA444

Because doctors are greedy above all else. More operations mean more money.

They would graft twinkies onto you if they thought they the govt would pay for it.

HOLA445

I worked with an older guy who had a cleft palate and he got ribbed something chronic for it, so maybe knowing how cruel people can be might be one of the deciding factors.

Did he commit suicide?

Would he prefer to be dead?

Or never born?

Is that anyones choice but his?

Its certainly not an NHS greedbot doctors choice.

HOLA446

I worked with an older guy who had a cleft palate and he got ribbed something chronic for it, so maybe knowing how cruel people can be might be one of the deciding factors.

but people can be cruel for a multitude of reasons even minor petty ones. I still encounter casual racism daily. A few of my mates who are missing body parts get nasty jibes.

HOLA447

I think on the whole he enjoyed his life if he is still alive, but I'm sure in private some of the ribbing did get him down, but one does learn to not show weakness.

I think its also ususual in this day and age. Guy i worked with had (i never asked, might seem rude) what bore all the physical traits of Noonan Syndrome. While most might get jibes about bad hair days, non-ironed shirts etc etc, no one would bother him. If anything everyone walked on eggshells around him, despite the fact that he was an utter arsehole most of the time! Shortempered, arrogant, demeaning, constantly going on about what he thought was others substandard level of work - despite his own being nothing special.

I wouldnt wish him to be aborted though, he even had a nice enough girlfriend.

The trouble is, abortion has become a case du jour, because of being stigmatised by feminism and religion, coming to the front in the 60s as it did. They believe it is simply wrestling control of womens bodies from men back to women, when in fact it should be about the child, not women or men. This isnt helped by most the anti abortionists being church wackos.

HOLA448

What do people think of this person?

joanna1chplain.jpeg

article-0-0B3D759400000578-405_470x578.jpg

Click on the link to find out more... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joanna_Jepson

I think the trouble is she's yet another religionist. So people think she's doing it for superstituous rather than pragmatic moral reasons.

However, get some of those nice fluffy muslims on her side, and the leftist propagandists over at the BBC will probably fall into line.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Did he commit suicide?

Would he prefer to be dead?

Or never born?

Is that anyones choice but his?

Its certainly not an NHS greedbot doctors choice.

He is an adult now. However, if he had been aborted as a foetus, he would not have known about it and (probably) there would be a different human being in his place.

I've never understood how the argument "Now I exist as a fully conscious adult I wouldn't want to have been aborted" has any bearing on the abortion issue if one is an atheist. Until you are conscious, you are only the potential for "you."

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Because doctors are greedy above all else. More operations mean more money.

They would graft twinkies onto you if they thought they the govt would pay for it.

There are a number of operations to correct a cleft lip and/or palate, so you'd be wrong on that one even if you were right about doctors.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

When I drove a taxi, one of the other drivers was pointed out to me as being called "Dick Devon". So I used to say "All right Dick?" etc when I saw him. But he was never very friendly back.

He had a cleft palate and I didn't find out for ages that his name wasn't Dick Devon but his call sign was Six-Seven.

Archived