House Price Crash Forum
Tired of Waiting

Rightmove Has Updated Its Charts "marketed Properties" Per Postcodes - June

Rightmove has updated its charts "Marketed Properties" per postcodes, now including June.

"Merchandising" piling up all over the place! :) Example:

Brighton BN1: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=bn1&sellersPriceGuide=Update+Results

Brighton BN2: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices-in-my-area/marketTrendsTotalAvailableListingsAndNew.html?searchLocation=bn2&sellersPriceGuide=Update+Results

Just type the postcode of your target area in the top-right corner.

Warning: the left tab, "Sold Properties", uses data from the Land Registry and is NOT yet complete for recent months. Ignore it.

Edited by Tired of Waiting

Just wish they'd put the same measurements on both tabs - can't directly compare detatched sold/marketed or 4 bedroomed sold/marketed etc.

Just wish they'd put the same measurements on both tabs - can't directly compare detatched sold/marketed or 4 bedroomed sold/marketed etc.

True.

I think they can't, 'cause their own data is organised by number of bedrooms, and the left tab uses LR data.

But that is a minor point. The important thing is that EA's books are filling up with unsold properties. I am :D .

True.

I think they can't, 'cause their own data is organised by number of bedrooms, and the left tab uses LR data.

But that is a minor point. The important thing is that EA's books are filling up with unsold properties. I am :D .

Yeah, been seeing it for ages round my neck of the woods, mostly the big places as well. Graphs showing volumes over the past 18 months or so in Welwyn Garden City & St Albans - rental in red (RHS), for sale in blue (LHS), just can't sell those 4 bedders! Nicely inverse relationship you'll note.

Capture.PNG

post-13143-0-84641800-1309803346_thumb.png

Speaking to an EA this morning and he says prices in Bath have risen 12% YoY. Woho back on track! :blink: I should have asked him was this at the expense of any volume whatsoever? BA1 and BA2 less than 40 sales between them in May. I guess the EAs here are killing the market buy using the tiny number of sales which must be high equity swaps or incoming from London to base all their valuations. Think they must like frugal living.

We were talking about a rental though and I didn't get from him which measure he was using it might have been asking prices from this which would be simply reporting on a self fulfilling prophesy.

Speaking to an EA this morning and he says prices in Bath have risen 12% YoY. Woho back on track! :blink: I should have asked him was this at the expense of any volume whatsoever? BA1 and BA2 less than 40 sales between them in May. I guess the EAs here are killing the market buy using the tiny number of sales which must be high equity swaps or incoming from London to base all their valuations. Think they must like frugal living.

We were talking about a rental though and I didn't get from him which measure he was using it might have been asking prices from this which would be simply reporting on a self fulfilling prophesy.

The volumes tab is not reliable.

But BA1 has now, June, 603 for sale. It had 494 last June. An increase of 22%. I doubt you have 22% more buyers there now. Therefore, prices will fall there. :)

(I didn't check BA2)

On average stocks seem to be going up.

Stright YoY comparisons for last week (gets rid of any seasonal trend)

St Albans:

Total for sale +7%

3+ bed for sale +8%

4+ bed for sale +11%

Welwyn Garden City

Total for sale +15%

3+ bed for sale +39%

4+ bed for sale +46%

You could say they seem to be going up ;-)

Stright YoY comparisons for last week (gets rid of any seasonal trend)

St Albans:

Total for sale +7%

3+ bed for sale +8%

4+ bed for sale +11%

Welwyn Garden City

Total for sale +15%

3+ bed for sale +39%

4+ bed for sale +46%

You could say they seem to be going up ;-)

Wow that is very interesting indeed. From those charts you don't get these huge variations between house sizes. 4+ beds went up +46%!? :o

Lucky you!

But... is this 4bed market there big enough to avoid statistical "instability"? You know, small samples wobble a lot.

Wow that is very interesting indeed. From those charts you don't get these huge variations between house sizes. 4+ beds went up +46%!? :o

Lucky you!

But... is this 4bed market there big enough to avoid statistical "instability"? You know, small samples wobble a lot.

03/07/10 4 bed+ for sale in WGC = 67

02/07/11 4 bed+ for sale in WGC = 98

Big enough for me. All I can see are old peoples big houses up for sale and not selling, soooo many examples. They have the most equity and can afford to wait (for a while) but can also afford the biggest reductions. The collapsing chimney allegory works well here. The foundations are gone, the top is collapsing, the rest should go quickly in a bif pile of dust.

03/07/10 4 bed+ for sale in WGC = 67

02/07/11 4 bed+ for sale in WGC = 98

Big enough for me.

For me too.

All I can see are old peoples big houses up for sale and not selling, soooo many examples. They have the most equity and can afford to wait (for a while) but can also afford the biggest reductions. The collapsing chimney allegory works well here. The foundations are gone, the top is collapsing, the rest should go quickly in a bif pile of dust.

That is very interesting.

The argument that people "can afford to wait" only works whilst people still believe that prices will go "back up". I wonder how many still believe that. Their numbers are falling, surely, but by how much, how fast?

IIRC there used to be some polls about that.

For me too.

The argument that people "can afford to wait" only works whilst people still believe that prices will go "back up". I wonder how many still believe that. Their numbers are falling, surely, but by how much, how fast?

Bloke at work who used to say that prices would never crash now accepting that some neighbours of his won`t be able to sell at their price, should never have gone for 125% etc etc. Sentiment is shifting in the minds of the sheeple.

Bloke at work who used to say that prices would never crash now accepting that some neighbours of his won`t be able to sell at their price, should never have gone for 125% etc etc. Sentiment is shifting in the minds of the sheeple.

I hope so.

When I started that old thread in January, I thought s supply flood would hit the spring market because I thought many more people would realise that it was a bubble, and prices would not go "back up to 'normal' ". We are having an increase in supply now, but a bit latter and a bit weaker than I thought in January. Oh well...

What is the first part of your target area's postcode?

For me too.

Thing is, old people can't really afford to wait - yes, they have bags of equity, but less time and less energy/health to maintain the big house. As usual though, they'll hold on until it's too late and everyone will head for the exits at the same time during the panic/fear phase and chase the market down.

Thing is, old people can't really afford to wait - yes, they have bags of equity, but less time and less energy/health to maintain the big house.

True, or not for too long anyway.

As usual though, they'll hold on until it's too late and everyone will head for the exits at the same time during the panic/fear phase and chase the market down.

Yes, I know, that's what I thought in January:

LINK: http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=157276&view=findpost&p=2846271

OK, it is happening, but at a sensible speed, not the flood I thought would happen.

I am very familiar with the economic/financial theories around bursting bubbles, and in general I agree with them, but I am starting to wonder if this government may manage to cushion the fall, all the way to the sustainable level, but in 2 or 3 years, half nominal half real (10-15% each), and avoiding over(under)shooting.

Thing is, old people can't really afford to wait - yes, they have bags of equity, but less time and less energy/health to maintain the big house. As usual though, they'll hold on until it's too late and everyone will head for the exits at the same time during the panic/fear phase and chase the market down.

there's a couple in my village who bought their downsizing house before selling their old one; they're asking way too much for the old one so it has been on the market eighteen months already with one price cut so far (chasing the market down). Net result - they're wasting money maintaining two houses, but also tying up two houses instead of one and preventing the people who actually need somewhere to live from living in one.

there's a couple in my village who bought their downsizing house before selling their old one; they're asking way too much for the old one so it has been on the market eighteen months already with one price cut so far (chasing the market down). Net result - they're wasting money maintaining two houses, but also tying up two houses instead of one and preventing the people who actually need somewhere to live from living in one.

On the positive side, they will pay for it.

I hope so.

When I started that old thread in January, I thought s supply flood would hit the spring market because I thought many more people would realise that it was a bubble, and prices would not go "back up to 'normal' ". We are having an increase in supply now, but a bit latter and a bit weaker than I thought in January. Oh well...

What is the first part of your target area's postcode?

Don`t have a target area, need to see proper correction starting before that even enters my mind. I live in EH8.

True, or not for too long anyway.

Yes, I know, that's what I thought in January:

LINK: http://www.housepric...dpost&p=2846271

OK, it is happening, but at a sensible speed, not the flood I thought would happen.

I am very familiar with the economic/financial theories around bursting bubbles, and in general I agree with them, but I am starting to wonder if this government may manage to cushion the fall, all the way to the sustainable level, but in 2 or 3 years, half nominal half real (10-15% each), and avoiding over(under)shooting.

Doesn`t that rely on people continuing to maintain large debts while in NE, and people who bought years ago putting their lives on hold for something that isn`t going to happen, ie getting bubble prices for their house?

Don`t have a target area, need to see proper correction starting before that even enters my mind. I live in EH8.

Wow! What happened there in May?!

That is the biggest jump I've seen in any of those charts, by far!

Small sample? and some large new building with loads of new flats??

It's nice to see some evidence of Guildford going the same way. There has been a rush to offload the 4 & 5 bed houses from Jan 2011 and an accumilation of stock with buyers finally not willing to pay the fantasy prices.