House Price Crash Forum
right_freds_dead

Everyday Is Like Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7Gee3THtb8

this is what its like for 30s-40s and the bill is sill yet to come. the boredoms already here.

what about our gold plated pensions ? we didnt even get any housing to have children in, yet generation 'on a plate' somehow expect us fund it all for them (with what ?) after they gave us nothing but housing planning blocking and pyramid scams to fuel even more pension pots.

your best bet is just to get your cash from your banks and buy gold. they cant print that. pull yourself from 'their' silly little system and look forward to an early retirement as the story unfolds. rent wisely and borrow noting. avoid the tv. i live quite frugally, and i enjoy it. they do say the best things in life are free, and they are. if i could buy you all some summer sunshine i would, thats all we really need to hold them off. but aside from the weather, if you hold onto to your 30k deposits into gold, i am pretty sure you wont go far wrong as they scramble for funds that are not even in existence.

they have played politics with us nazi style for almost 10 years. mistruths. obvious mistruths to the point of propaganda. using the media and politics to turn 80% of the population against 20%. rob them to pay off the rest. thats all the nazis did to gain and hold power. the current raft of politicians are clearly bent, yet the 80% say nothing because they benefit and keep quiet, just as they did with the jews. not in my back yard. following orders. its the same thing in thought only. corrupted human behavior.

whats saddened me mostly recently is that our queen has turned against us. knighting the guilty.

i think its that which has changed me. if i lose my faith in a monarchic system, i have lost faith in the uk. they are supposed to protect us from corruption, yet they say nothing and do even less for us. the only uk political movement at the moment are the EDL morons. these cuts havent even begun, yet we have packs of morons in the street. mourners lining the streets for a war they dont understand and most people think we owe 180billion deficit, when thats just the interest on the £8.4 trillion owed.

gold plate yourselves. its your only weapon left. Edited by right_freds_dead

Nice little talk, but you made no mention of the billions of pounds the government is spending to prop up the Euro, a farce of a currency that should have never been in existence, and that has helped greatly to sink the pound into the gutter.

Nice little talk, but you made no mention of the billions of pounds the government is spending to prop up the Euro, a farce of a currency that should have never been in existence, and that has helped greatly to sink the pound into the gutter.

was there any point bothering anyway ?

the writings more than on the wall.

its printed already.

whats saddened me mostly recently is that our queen has turned against us. knighting the guilty.

i think its that which has changed me. if i lose my faith in a monarchic system, i have lost faith in the uk. they are supposed to protect us from corruption, yet they say nothing and do even less for us. the only uk political movement at the moment are the EDL morons. these cuts havent even begun, yet we have packs of morons in the street.

The monarchy was not established to 'protect' the public, more to rule over and exploit the public. If you expect a very posh priviledged 85 yo woman to do anything other than go along with the status quo then you have been badly mistaken. The only thing she will be protecting is the rights and priviledges of her family.

You should be interested in electing people for who they are now not for who's ancestors were in charge of an army 950 years ago.

mourners lining the streets for a war they dont understand and most people think we owe 180billion deficit, when thats just the interest on the £8.4 trillion owed.

How do you get to that figure, government debt is more like 930 billion.

Edited by blackgoose

How do you get to that figure, government debt is more like 930 billion.

Officially yes.

Estimates of the true national debt vary.

£4.8 trillion (link)

£7.9 trillion (link)

Or £10.2 trillion by 2015 (link)

Most of the stuff that the official figures ignore consists of public sector pensions, unfunded liabilities, off-budget accounting and PFI schemes.

So your advice is to buy gold after it's rallied to unsustainable levels?

Couldn't I just buy a house in the same circumstances?

It had rallied to unsustainable levels 4 years ago.

How weird - just saw him singing this song on Saturday. Patti Smith was performing too, and gave quite a nice little speech about how we've all been f*cked over...

... and Iggy Pop is a god.

Nice to see some boomer praise so early on a Monday morning. :)

Nice to see some boomer praise so early on a Monday morning. :)

To drag this vaguely back onto some sort of topic, I've been to that particular festival for three out of the past four years. Attendance looked massively down on last year (I'd guess about 25%-50%). Of course, that may have been down to the line-up, but it was very noticeable.

The USD is the reserve currency.

The US currently owes in the region of $4.5T to foriegn governments

The US is estimated to own 262 million ounces of gold

To create a true value of gold in terms of reserve currnecy, divide the two, which gives you roughly $12500 per ounce.

The exact same equation when done in the mid 70's when inflation was taking off gave a pog of $750-$800, which was arived at in 1979.

So, is it unsustainable? or is it just the beginning? As the USD and Euro, possibly the pound melt down people will look for something safe and transportable to put their money into, that has been traditionally gold, don't imagine it will be any different this time. Everytime the can gets kicked down the road, the future pog goes up!

So your advice is to buy gold after it's rallied to unsustainable levels?

Couldn't I just buy a house in the same circumstances?

The USD is the reserve currency.

The US currently owes in the region of $4.5T to foriegn governments

The US is estimated to own 262 million ounces of gold

To create a true value of gold in terms of reserve currnecy, divide the two, which gives you roughly $12500 per ounce.

The exact same equation when done in the mid 70's when inflation was taking off gave a pog of $750-$800, which was arived at in 1979.

So, is it unsustainable? or is it just the beginning? As the USD and Euro, possibly the pound melt down people will look for something safe and transportable to put their money into, that has been traditionally gold, don't imagine it will be any different this time. Everytime the can gets kicked down the road, the future pog goes up!

The US owes $4.5T - it owns 1 tonne of liquorice, therefore liquorice is worth $127 million per ounce.

The US owes $4.5T - it owns 1 tonne of liquorice, therefore liquorice is worth $127 million per ounce.

Not sure that liquorice has the same 'reserve currency' status that the poster mentioned though.

I understand your frustration.

As others have already said, did you really think the monarchy were here to protect us?

And if you'll feel better after kicking the crap out of brown people in the street on a Sunday morning go ahead and join the EDL. Go for it, whatever turns you on.

But the bankers still win. And we pay.

yeah i did think that was the deal. i was under the impression that they were to step in when governments began to get out of hand. i think the media has then post diana when they encouraged the newspaper reading mourners that the queen was really really mean. there was almost a republican movement on the go. all fueled by the news media. kind of saying 'you better shut up maam' or we'll end it all for you and turn your home into a historic walkabout theme park.

as for the EDL or BNP - why would i want to join a bunch of freaks, hooligans and brainless oddballs.

surely there should be some better political options than eton or the gutter ?

Edited by right_freds_dead

i read it was $14 trillion. dont know what the maths are, but thats even better for gold.

yeah i did think that was the deal. i was under the impression that they were to step in when governments began to get out of hand.

Didn't the Government step in when royalty got out of hand?

On a more cheery note, Morrissey was spouting that depressing sh1te in the 80's, but we survived that. We'll survive this. Can I suggest you indulge in some outdoor pursuits? Cheap, and tends to cheer me up no end :D

You're right, but their debt to foriegn nations is about 4.5t and that's what effects the reserve currency status and thus the calculation for pog. The rest of the debt I believe is owed to business (pension funds etc) the fed, and other gov liabilities/responsibilities, medicare, fanny mae, pensions etc

i read it was $14 trillion. dont know what the maths are, but thats even better for gold.

You're right, but their debt to foriegn nations is about 4.5t and that's what effects the reserve currency status and thus the calculation for pog. The rest of the debt I believe is owed to business (pension funds etc) the fed, and other gov liabilities/responsibilities, medicare, fanny mae, pensions etc

i suppose then its because they are not driven by gold plated pension demanding nimbies or dole bludgers as much. or PFI.

Didn't the Government step in when royalty got out of hand?

On a more cheery note, Morrissey was spouting that depressing sh1te in the 80's, but we survived that. We'll survive this. Can I suggest you indulge in some outdoor pursuits? Cheap, and tends to cheer me up no end :D

thatchers recession was incredibly different and none global. 8.4 trillion is practically impossible to repay.

that and they have to keep this unrealistic housing bubble going or the banks go pop. its shit creek, half a paddle and a rip tide.

the 80s will look like a roman orgy compared to whats coming.

regarding the outdoors. yes that works a treat. ive done all the lakes peaks. done cornwall to death. im in the process of selling my business and after that its euro tours (whats left of it) in a VW surf bus in sept. starting in amsterdam of course, then down to italy and around the whole med coastline back into the uk for feb.. im saving wales until im 50.

why would i want to join a bunch of freaks, hooligans and brainless oddballs.

I don't know, why did you decide to join HPC?

On a serious note, the UK hasn't defaulted on its debts since 1688.

However it has devalued (i.e. default in all but name), either openly or through inflation many times in the last 3 centuries.

So the question is how much inflation do we need to make a debt of (INSERT NUMBER OF CHOICE) reach manageable proportions?

If, as you suggest, you are gonna do a European tour, I'd buy your euros today. The pound will be worth the square root of nothing shortly.....

edit typos......

Edited by John The Pessimist

The Queen doesn't choose who to knight - the government do.

Little point in her objecting too - she would just get abolished and achieve nothing.

The Queen doesn't choose who to knight - the government do.

Little point in her objecting too - she would just get abolished and achieve nothing.

thats my thoughts. they have the monarchy by the short and curly's and they know it too.

it would take 2 months or less for the private media to whip up enough anti royal sheeple to get them slung out.

thats part of the problem. i hope that when she had to knight mervyn king she had the urge to move the sword sideways and rather fast. if the monarchy has gone (which was an odd system but kept us fed and watered through many difficult times) - were screwed.