House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pent Up

Calnea Analytics

Has anyone got any experience of these? It seems a bit like rightmove plus but available to the public. I'm interested to see historical property listings mainly. I know zoopla does historical listings but they only cover very few properties and almost never have photos.

I wouldn't pay for it unless I knew it would offer something very useful but it looks interesting.

They appear to work alongside mouseprice.

Comparables database

Subscribing to the comparables database will also enable unlimited access to our consumer site Mouseprice.com, however the Calnea database contains much more information than is available on Mouseprice.com and is more suited to professional users. You can start using the tool today with access costing from as little as £48.

If you already have a mouseprice account, click here to subscribe!

Data on comparable properties is a necessary part of property valuation. This information is used by surveyors, estate agents, investment professionals and even home buyers and sellers.

Calnea Analytics’ comparables tools are designed to provide quick and easy access to one of the most comprehensive databases of UK property information. The unique dataset includes:

•Valuation estimates for 95% of properties

•Asking prices, photos and detailed home descriptions from ~90% of UK estate agents

•~3.5 million records dating back to 2007

•Over 2 million surveyor valuations

•Actual prices paid from Land Registry

Crucially all this information is collated in a single place allowing the user to see actual selling prices matched to the original asking prices, photos and descriptions from estate agents.

Most of the estate agency data comes from Mouseprice. While most portals charge estate agents a lot of money to upload their listings, Mouseprice is completely free for estate agents, one advantage of this is that Mouseprice has collected hundreds of thousands of listings that the other portals simply do not have. Please watch the video below for a quick introduction to one of the tools. You can enter full screen mode by clicking the button with the arrows in each corner.

http://www.calnea.com/about-us/comparables-database/

Also I discovered today that on mouseprice you can anonymously comment on individual properties without moderation :D

Just go to valuations and search for the desired over priced property.

Thought that name rung a bell - from the Land Reg FAQ page:

How is the HPI calculated?

The HPI is a repeat sales regression (RSR) index, measuring average price changes in repeat sales on the same properties, ensuring a like for like comparison. This means that price changes on a flat in Mayfair are not compared to those on a flat in the Old Kent Road.

The statistical computation of the HPI is performed by Calnea Analytics Limited. Full details of methodology, a discussion of technical questions and a comparison with other index creation methods can be found by visiting www.calnea.com.

Also I discovered today that on mouseprice you can anonymously comment on individual properties without moderation :D

Just go to valuations and search for the desired over priced property.

Interesting....may have to pay them a little visit :D